Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

What really?? She doesn't look like a fox at all!!

That's so weird.

Yeah, I know, I don't see it either.

She's also been called a chow, and a "really good looking GSD."
a chow??? ah the world.....

I don't mind too much. The guy who wanted to breed her to his husky because she was such a great example of the breed? That irritated me. "But her color is spectacular! It's so unusual!" Um, no. There's approximately ten bajillion red sable dogs with black masks in the world, thanks.
Oh God! But he has a husky and you have.. a teruvian if I am correct? Sorry I seriously have no brains today to remember with.. So basically he wanted to make a fancy looking mutt? I am so, so glad Ozzy is fixed. We've had a couple people ask to breed with him but his temperament is one I would not EVER want to possibly pass to a pup.

Yeah, she's a Tervuren. He thought she was a husky, though, which means he should not be breeding huskies.

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

What really?? She doesn't look like a fox at all!!

That's so weird.

Yeah, I know, I don't see it either.

She's also been called a chow, and a "really good looking GSD."

I don't mind too much. The guy who wanted to breed her to his husky because she was such a great example of the breed? That irritated me. "But her color is spectacular! It's so unusual!" Um, no. There's approximately ten bajillion red sable dogs with black masks in the world, thanks.
Oh God! But he has a husky and you have.. a teruvian if I am correct? Sorry I seriously have no brains today to remember with.. So basically he wanted to make a fancy looking mutt? I am so, so glad Ozzy is fixed. We've had a couple people ask to breed with him but his temperament is one I would not EVER want to possibly pass to a pup.

Yeah, she's a Tervuren. He thought she was a husky, though, which means he should not be breeding huskies.
Ah, I misspelled it. Fail on me. I thought I maybe had it right but wasn't sure. Now that I think about it, I haven't come upon her breed in the dog bible yet. What type is she classified under?

Oh dear lord, how could he mistake her for a husky? Thats just.. I don't have a word to express the depths of my disappointment.

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Ah, I misspelled it. Fail on me. I thought I maybe had it right but wasn't sure. Now that I think about it, I haven't come upon her breed in the dog bible yet. What type is she classified under?

Oh dear lord, how could he mistake her for a husky? Thats just.. I don't have a word to express the depths of my disappointment.

She's a herding dog. :]

I have no idea. I guess because she's fluffy? And she's... pointy?

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Interesting! I thought I had already gone through the herding section but perhaps I just don't recall what I read since I'm going through the book sooooo slowly.

I can see her being mistaken for a GSD but a husky? I don't think huskies can even be that color and her face doesn't match up to a huskies. People are silly.

8,150 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
dear regulars.

can i have meatballs for pets?

what do i need to care for them

-signed me

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Interesting! I thought I had already gone through the herding section but perhaps I just don't recall what I read since I'm going through the book sooooo slowly.

I can see her being mistaken for a GSD but a husky? I don't think huskies can even be that color and her face doesn't match up to a huskies. People are silly.

The full name (in the US) is the Belgian Tervuren. There's four breeds of Belgian in the US, one everywhere else. They're divided only by coat type and color. Long haired brown is the Tervuren, the long haired black is the Groenendael (Belgian Sheepdog in the US), the short haired brown is the Malinois, and the curly coated brown is the Laekenois.

Wiki.

If I decide to stick with Belgians, I might try a Laekenois for my next dog.

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

The full name (in the US) is the Belgian Tervuren. There's four breeds of Belgian in the US, one everywhere else. They're divided only by coat type and color. Long haired brown is the Tervuren, the long haired black is the Groenendael (Belgian Sheepdog in the US), the short haired brown is the Malinois, and the curly coated brown is the Laekenois.

Wiki.

I do remember reading on them now! biggrin I remember thinking it was strange that there were four different dogs in one breed but I remember the pictures of them being really pretty.

The Laekonois is very interesting looking, not much like the other three from what I'm seeing in the book. Is there any specific reason why you're choosing that one? Just curious. 3nodding

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Wiki.

I do remember reading on them now! biggrin I remember thinking it was strange that there were four different dogs in one breed but I remember the pictures of them being really pretty.

The Laekonois is very interesting looking, not much like the other three from what I'm seeing in the book. Is there any specific reason why you're choosing that one? Just curious. 3nodding

I've always liked that coat type, but I really prefer herding dogs. They should basically be the same as the other Belgians, just in a different coat.

Of course, there are some slight generalizations that can be made (Mals tend to be harder and more 'on,' and can be really sharp dogs, while it's easier to find a mellow Terv), but overall they should be the same basic dog. Most people that are serious about the 'harder' sports like bite-work tend to get Mals, because the coat is easier.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Mistress of Rain
MlizGr
Mistress of Rain

you asked....

That I did, just didn't think I'd get so many responses.

I think one of the things that bothers me most is when people come to ask for advice, then get mad at us because we all give about the same advice and it's NOT the advice they wanted to hear...

smile Oh and I decided to make my avatar a bit more pet friendly! Though until I save up some money it is only Ika right now not looking to happy XD

Aww, I love it! So very Halloween!
I think we should have had one of these sooner. <3

I've gone pretty lurkermode and have lost a lot of my initial fire, but this forum is still home. I just can't pass up the information that everyone else posts.

As for what pet owners do that bugs me:
On the forum, well, it's pretty much already been said by everyone else. xD But one thing that's been getting me much more than it should lately, is when frequent Forum posters who have clashed in the past can't keep their arguments off of other people's topics. I'm sure that it's come to a relative halt by now, but when it first popped up, I couldn't help but lose a bit of my respect for those involved, even if I previously respected them for the thoroughness of their knowledge. It's rude to make a prolonged personal argument in a thread that doesn't belong to either of the participants. Extremely rude. I've attempted to make a comment to the like on previous occasions and completely lost my backbone to check any replies made to such, but whenever it happens now, I just shake my head and feel myself being driven away from the forum because I'm SO sick of the ******** drama. I have to deal with enough of that s**t at work; the last place I want to see it is here, where so many amazing people have come together to make one big awesome family of pet care knowledge. Would it kill us to show some respect to each other? Or at least be the more mature one and walk away from a petty disagreement? I know the majority of us do, but... There are those occasions.

Sorry, that's been bugging me all this week, and I haven't bothered anyone on my PM/friend list with it. >< And probably had a hand in my recent decreased presence. When I interpret rising drama among people I respect and start getting an overwhelming urge to involve myself, I disappear. I'm spineless like that. ;-;

Then there's the whole misconception that we're elitist assholes just because we all refer to each other under a collective term. It's not like we were ever an exclusive club. >> Anybody who posts often with a good amount of knowledge on/is willing to ask questions and learn more about a given subject can be a regular. There's more than a few new posters to Pets! that I would consider regs just because of the sheer amount of well-backed information they have on a given pet.
We just take our animal-related hobbies and jobs seriously, and want the best for all pets. What's so elitist about that?

As for real life... Willful ignorance. In general. Especially concerning pets. And especially when people ********' write me off because I'm "just retail". I'm the ********' closest thing to a species expert you'll ever talk to, dumbshit! Would it absolutely murder you to listen to me? *rage*
And yet.... I shake my head in sadness of the truth of that statement. I oftentimes am the closest thing to an expert on a given species of pet that some of these morons will ever talk to. And many times, I don't know much about that pet. How terrible is that?

Blahhhh *rambleramble* Forgive me, guys. I'm tired and ranty. ^^;;
On top of what everybody else has covered:

- People who freak out when given advice/suggestions to better their pets' lives when it wasn't directly asked for;
- People who can't keep their stories straight or change them after people say "mean things" in response to the original one;
- People who think throwing tantrums will get them their way/that just because they created a thread they should be allowed to pick and choose the responses given;
- People who don't clean up after their animals, especially on public property;
- People who let their animals roam free (farm critters being a semi-exception);
- People who think spaying/neutering will change an animals attitude/activity level (maybe my dogs are just weird, but they didn't mellow out and become lazy fat blobs from getting fixed).
Prince Charmant
JAT_gurl
this cage

Oh my god. That's the cage my rat Dustin was in when I brought him home. :/
Poor little baby, he's fine now at least but that thing is a torture cage. .-.
It is. D: And I have no idea why she won't upgrade. There's no excuse not to since there are bigger cages being sold online for $5-10...sometimes even free! >.< And she's definitely got space to upgrade. I really think she keeps it because she thinks it's "cute" or something. =/

Salyana's Wife

Loving Lover

The biggest thing I hate about some posters in the forum is the large amount of spam that is produced. If a poster is misinformed or ignorant about something regarding owning pets, at least you have something to discuss with them.
We don't need 5 "wuts ur dream animal?" threads on the front page.
sweatdrop
Er, now I am experiencing what you all are frustrated with. I've had to stop posting on this one Ball python thread.
??? @ people who get really defensive about good advice and think they don't even need to try it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff