Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friday_Dora

Roaches are sooo derpy. What species do you keep?
At night I am keeping Panchlora nivea. During the day I am pretty sure I am just keeping a tank full of eco earth. lol

I also have one Dubia nymph that apparently made it in by mistake from the breeder. Initially I thought it was a large subadult female then finally one day I looked at it more closely and was like, nope that is not a banana roach. Just sexed him and he is hoping to be King of the Derps one day.
Ike got his microchip today.

My tech today told me if I didn't neuter him he would become aggressive.
emotion_facepalm
Aerobe

emotion_facepalm
Was the tech a guy buy any chance?
Krissim Klaw
Aerobe

emotion_facepalm
Was the tech a guy buy any chance?
A woman.
She also wanted to knee him in the chest to teach him a lesson.
She had treats but wouldn't give command for him to earn them so he jumped up for them and she said if he does it again I will knee him.

Not happy with her. At all.

Feral Bibliophile

13,750 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Marathon 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Aerobe

surprised
I am also a tech, and I don't know why she thought that was a good thing to do.
It isn't her right to discipline your dog without permission.
Also, though I advocate spaying and neutering, an intact dog is not automatically going to be aggressive. Training is such a huge part of a dog's behavior.
Ms Jezebel Spirit
Aerobe

surprised
I am also a tech, and I don't know why she thought that was a good thing to do.
It isn't her right to discipline your dog without permission.
Also, though I advocate spaying and neutering, an intact dog is not automatically going to be aggressive. Training is such a huge part of a dog's behavior.
I'm not sure either.
I brought it up to the head vet and he's going to talk to her.
Next visit I'm going to request a different tech if she's there.

For Ike we're opting to not neuter him. He's hypersensitive to staph and has outbreaks over the simplest scratches. So we don't want to intentionally cut into him and cause a outbreak and deal with hell breaking loose.

As is, he's not aggressive at all. He loves people and animals. So I highly doubt he would become aggressive by us leaving him intact. Failure to train yeah but not just from leaving him intact.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Sally is a national hero

I didn't hear my timer go off for my chicken strips in the oven, and Sally came in to inform me that the beeper went off. They were a lil overcooked but weren't completely ruined emotion_awesome I made sure she got a big piece.
So, Jellybean peed on Rolo's favourite mousey toy ages ago and I kept forgetting to wash it (It was put away in a bin so I didn't have to smell it, and well, out of sight out of mind.)

ANYWAY finally remembered to throw it in the wash when I did Rolo's laundry yesterday and I was really upset because I thought I had left it in the machine & lost it, because I could not for the life of me find it in the pile of clean laundry.

Well, turns out, Rolo is a thief (duh) and he actually stole it in the 3.5seconds it was in the laundry pile as I was dismantling the hammocks & stuff from his cage.... so it never even made it to the wash and was found buried at the bottom of his toy stash still smelling like pee. gonk

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. One the one had, I guess I didn't lose his favourite toy, on the other hand ewwwwwww that went in his mouth.

team yell's Bae

Anxious Bunny

hmmm I'm wondering if I can post a kinda self-promoting post in this forum?
        it's related to pets of course but it'd be promoting my new Youtube channel and blog about pet rats. emotion_drool
        I just didn't wanna post it before checking if I could.
        Yes post it or nah to posting it.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
curry bunbun
        hmmm I'm wondering if I can post a kinda self-promoting post in this forum?
        it's related to pets of course but it'd be promoting my new Youtube channel and blog about pet rats. emotion_drool
        I just didn't wanna post it before checking if I could.
        Yes post it or nah to posting it.

Do it

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Henrika
So, Jellybean peed on Rolo's favourite mousey toy ages ago and I kept forgetting to wash it (It was put away in a bin so I didn't have to smell it, and well, out of sight out of mind.)

ANYWAY finally remembered to throw it in the wash when I did Rolo's laundry yesterday and I was really upset because I thought I had left it in the machine & lost it, because I could not for the life of me find it in the pile of clean laundry.

Well, turns out, Rolo is a thief (duh) and he actually stole it in the 3.5seconds it was in the laundry pile as I was dismantling the hammocks & stuff from his cage.... so it never even made it to the wash and was found buried at the bottom of his toy stash still smelling like pee. gonk

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. One the one had, I guess I didn't lose his favourite toy, on the other hand ewwwwwww that went in his mouth.

Yuck!

Mine finally killed their favorite toy. The tiny jw ball got a rip so i had to toss it. I have more but that was their first one and they love playing tug with it

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
Henrika

Curious, What do you feed Rolo?
Just wondering 3nodding
I didn't know if you feed him raw or if their something you pick up for him at a store.
Ms Nooks_
Henrika

Just wondering 3nodding
I didn't know if you feed him raw or if their something you pick up for him at a store.
I do feed him pre-made raw a couple times a week (need to get back into doing it everyday...) and I try to feed him a chicken neck every 2 weeks. (Has to be chopped up and fed over the course of a week usually, don't like giving him too much bone at once.)

His main diet is Orijen cat food & I rotate the recipes because they all use different meat sources.

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
Henrika
Ms Nooks_
Henrika

Just wondering 3nodding
I do feed him pre-made raw a couple times a week (need to get back into doing it everyday...) and I try to feed him a chicken neck every 2 weeks. (Has to be chopped up and fed over the course of a week usually, don't like giving him too much bone at once.)

His main diet is Orijen cat food & I rotate the recipes because they all use different meat sources.

dry cat food?
What do farretts eat in their nature habatat? I'm curious...Does Rolo stink? cause I heard farretts smell really bad. I hope im not offending you or being to nosy. I'm just curious 3nodding and what better way than to be educated by a ferret owner! whee
Ms Nooks_
Henrika
Ms Nooks_
Henrika

Just wondering 3nodding

dry cat food?
What do farretts eat in their nature habatat? I'm curious...Does Rolo stink? cause I heard farretts smell really bad. I hope im not offending you or being to nosy. I'm just curious 3nodding and what better way than to be educated by a ferret owner! whee
Well... ferrets have been domesticated for so long that they don't have a "natural habitat" any longer. However, they were domesticated for keeping rodent populations down & for rabbit hunting, so to start with they are carnivorous animals who eat small prey animals like mice/rats/chicks/rabbits etc. but a lot of people feed chicken & beef etc. which makes sense because I highly doubt any theoretical wild ferret would turn away from a cow carcass they could scavenge.

And yes Orijen is a dry kibble, its marketed & tailored for cats but because it is a high-end kibble which has high meat content vs. carbs or veggie matter it is also suitable for ferrets.

As for smell, no Rolo doesn't smell bad at all - often ferrets do smell very strong but the odour is actually caused by poor diet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff