Welcome to Gaia! ::

I must not have shut the door tight when I went out earlier because I came home tonight and it was open a bit (nothing out of place in the house or anything), cat was gone. Bella and I went straight back outside and started calling for her. Thankfully she hadn't gone far or at least was back by the time I got home and probably came running as soon as she saw my car pull in/lights turn on in the house, because it took longer to get her in the house than it did to find her (Bella's so helpful and she was spooked so she'd just run if we went near her)

She's back in the house and seems to be no worse for the wear other than muddy feet, she's back to normal, maybe a bit mellow; I think I probably took it worse than she did.

How the hell people can just let their cats go out whenever they want is so beyond me - this is just further proof that I could never do it

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
~ Aki - Fairy ~

How the hell people can just let their cats go out whenever they want is so beyond me - this is just further proof that I could never do it

Same here! Even though the most outside time Pangur gets is when I'm out with her and she's either on a harness or on the little bit of cement patio with the door open right behind her I still have her collar on 24/7, plus she's microchipped. I'm more worried about her getting lost than the dogs sometimes, because people do let their cats roam, which means no one would stop to pick her up! And even if they try they might not be able to catch her, since she's not terribly stranger friendly.

Pangur didn't come to me when I called her for dinner one night, where she almost always comes when I call and is usually underfoot as soon as I'm anywhere near the fridge/freezer. I was sure she'd somehow gotten outside, in the middle of a blizzard. So, my roommate and I bundled up and went out to try and find the white cat in the snow. I'm sobbing and on the phone with the local shelter to see if they found her and completely freaking out when I suddenly thought of a place I hadn't looked. The closet in the roommate's room where she kept her cat's crappy kibble and I would close whenever I let Pangur out of my room so she wouldn't eat it. Get in and open it and there she is, perfectly fine and happy as can be.
Payton Leeroy
~ Aki - Fairy ~

Same here! Even though the most outside time Pangur gets is when I'm out with her and she's either on a harness or on the little bit of cement patio with the door open right behind her I still have her collar on 24/7, plus she's microchipped. I'm more worried about her getting lost than the dogs sometimes, because people do let their cats roam, which means no one would stop to pick her up! And even if they try they might not be able to catch her, since she's not terribly stranger friendly.

Pangur didn't come to me when I called her for dinner one night, where she almost always comes when I call and is usually underfoot as soon as I'm anywhere near the fridge/freezer. I was sure she'd somehow gotten outside, in the middle of a blizzard. So, my roommate and I bundled up and went out to try and find the white cat in the snow. I'm sobbing and on the phone with the local shelter to see if they found her and completely freaking out when I suddenly thought of a place I hadn't looked. The closet in the roommate's room where she kept her cat's crappy kibble and I would close whenever I let Pangur out of my room so she wouldn't eat it. Get in and open it and there she is, perfectly fine and happy as can be.

The fact that nobody would think much of another cat roaming about is part of the big thing for me. Saphi has a tattoo, but she'd have to let somebody get really close, pick her up and actually check her ears for them to really find it because she has so much fringe that just by looking at her it wouldn't be noticeable

It's so scary when you lose your cat that yeah... I make sure to check all her regular hidey-holes when I can't see her, but there's a lot of potential for places she doesn't normally hide in but could..

I was thinking about working with Saphi on harness training to go outside/taking her out in Bella's crate so that she could enjoy outside once in awhile this summer... yeah no, now I'm back to "I want to fear the outdoors and never want to step foot outside"

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ugh, today was a terrible day emo

First my sister comes home and reports that her phone, along with $10 she got from someone to help fund her FFA trip were stolen. The person who stole it tried to get her in trouble by sending my dad a text "If I told u I had sex with my boyfriend would u be ok wit it"

Then, while euthanizing a few of my feeders, there was one still breathing and I didn't know why. I had to take him out and kill him before he woke up. I guess my tube that goes to the water so oxygen and escape but not come back fell out -_-
I hate doing C/D on the rats because I never do it right. Thank goodness this poor girl was already knocked out so there was room for error.

After that I cleaned the rest of my rats. While putting one of my hold backs into the temporary tub for cleaning, he put his head through a small gap that forms while it's open. I didn't notice and closed the tub, it got stuck, so I closed it harder. I opened it to see what was wrong to see my boy struggling to get back down. He acted like he was paralyzed for a really long time. I separated him from his cage mates and he got back up and ate a little food. He's just sitting there now and I'm sure I'm going to need to euthanize him :(

Then, while building a food hopper for my girls(they like to bury their food and it wastes a lot) I cut a big huge chunk of skin off my finger while cutting wire! >.<

I can't wait until today is over.

Devoted Inquisitor

[Kat.On.A.Stick]

*hugs*

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Gah, very sucky day! Hopefully the rest of the week goes better for you.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
Payton Leeroy
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Gah, very sucky day! Hopefully the rest of the week goes better for you.

I played some call of duty with my BF and he made me feel leagues better ^^

My little rat boy seems to be doing okay. He's still alive and last I saw he was eating a little. He just doesn't want to touch the back of his head because I think it's sore.
I really hope he comes back from this </3
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

After that I cleaned the rest of my rats. While putting one of my hold backs into the temporary tub for cleaning, he put his head through a small gap that forms while it's open. I didn't notice and closed the tub, it got stuck, so I closed it harder. I opened it to see what was wrong to see my boy struggling to get back down. He acted like he was paralyzed for a really long time. I separated him from his cage mates and he got back up and ate a little food. He's just sitting there now and I'm sure I'm going to need to euthanize him :
I hope he ends up being alright.

Hurting one of my babies while closing a cage is one of my big fears. I'm so paranoid when it comes to closing cages because I am used to dealing with mantises. With insects, that naturally crawl up toward lids, it can be insanely easy to crush a leg or worse when closing lids. I'm always hearing horror stories on the mantis forum where someone will have accidentally killed one of their mantises in this manner. Nymphs are especially prone to this because most people keep them in deli cups.

I use mostly net cages with zippers, but I'm still endlessly paranoid about pinching off one of their feet or something.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
Krissim Klaw
I hope he ends up being alright.

Hurting one of my babies while closing a cage is one of my big fears. I'm so paranoid when it comes to closing cages because I am used to dealing with mantises. With insects, that naturally crawl up toward lids, it can be insanely easy to crush a leg or worse when closing lids. I'm always hearing horror stories on the mantis forum where someone will have accidentally killed one of their mantises in this manner. Nymphs are especially prone to this because most people keep them in deli cups.

I use mostly net cages with zippers, but I'm still endlessly paranoid about pinching off one of their feet or something.

I never imagined that there would be a gap large enough for a rat to put it's head through, or that they even would when I put them in there.
When they're scared they usually dig themselves under the bedding, never have I had a rat try to escape.
He moved over onto the other side of the tub and curled up to sleep last night. When I went out there, he lifted his head a little to look at me. He still looks miserable, but he might actually make it out fine! -crosses fingers-
He's not hunched over anymore, so hopefully that means the worst is over.
I'm definitely going to be much more careful after this.

I would be pretty paranoid with bugs too! They're limbs are so thin I feel like I could break them easily.
My sister catches mantises outside and relocates them to our garden. It's usually babies who got themselves into a terrible position(like being in the middle of the street). They're quite fascinating. My mom always seems to find them after they've grown up and are giant lol

Devoted Inquisitor

Elsie tore her wrist pads at the park today. I really need to walk her on gravel more on leash and toughen her feet up.

Now she's wearing hilarious wraps and is miserable.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Latrans
Elsie tore her wrist pads at the park today. I really need to walk her on gravel more on leash and toughen her feet up.

Aww, poor Elsie! It is kinda fun to watch them sulk about being bandaged though!

This might be a good chance to teach her to limp on command. Payton stepped on a thorn once, and of course I was giving him a lot of attention until I was sure he was okay. When he stopped limping we went to the pet store, where someone was handing out treat samples. He instantly started limping again. Wish I'd thought to capture the behavior at the time! It's a cute trick.

Devoted Inquisitor

Payton Leeroy
Latrans

Aww, poor Elsie! It is kinda fun to watch them sulk about being bandaged though!

This might be a good chance to teach her to limp on command. Payton stepped on a thorn once, and of course I was giving him a lot of attention until I was sure he was okay. When he stopped limping we went to the pet store, where someone was handing out treat samples. He instantly started limping again. Wish I'd thought to capture the behavior at the time! It's a cute trick.

That's a good idea! Right now we're spending so much time working on competition stuff we haven't had time to work on tricks at all.

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Stopping in to say hello. Still busy with life in general. Been working like crazy to save for my trip to visit a friend in Portland so I've been picking up extra shifts and what not. Man thing has started college to finally get a decent paying job.

Switched Mister to all wet food. He hates Natures Variety and decided Wellness is the best thing on the face of the planet. I like it because it lists things like "fish free" and all that. (He gets the core. Im so happy he's off the Purina, esp with shedding season around the corner.)

Im hoping in May to restart the photo contests for the Guild. We'll see how that all pans out.

I miss you guys!!!

User Image
Mister styling his new mesh harness that FITS. (He's too big for the carrier).

User Image
HES ALSO LOST A POUND. He's officially down to 17!! Its slow going but we're getting there.

User Image
Freyja is as lovely as ever. Thats all floof. Shes so stinking skinny. gonk Vet said shes perfect though.

User Image
Still as bat s**t as ever. I swear shes part bengal sometimes. XD
Punkin Avis

They both look so snuggly-cuddly emotion_kirakira

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
~ Aki - Fairy ~
Punkin Avis

They both look so snuggly-cuddly emotion_kirakira

ISN'T MISTER SO HANDSOME NOW???? My gobbly gook. I snargle his belly on occasion. Its a pity he hates me. :/

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces