Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Inquisitor

ladycrotalus

I have a suspicion that my parents throw it away because i look under furniture and behind stuff and never find them, unless they let her out with them while i am at work.

You should ask them. :]

I also don't keep all of the toys down on the ground all of the time. She has a few at a time, and we rotate them.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Latrans

Alright, I've been meaning to post photos of them for the past 10 months, but these are some of the terv pups my friend recently bred. One's learning to herd, one's working with mules, multiple are doing nosework, and two are even training to do search and rescue [including cadaver work] and one will be doing conformation as well. I know my friend wanted them all placed in homes where they will be active, working dogs, and the litter was specifically bred to have a high work drive and sharp noses. Mom does search and rescue [including cadavers], and Dad had been involved in agility, nosework, conformation, obedience, and I think Rally.

Some general pictures of multiples/them as puppies.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can you tell that Belgians are a favorite among my friends? They've been trying to get together with the pups who stayed in the area every month, and one month they had a belgian play day.

Kenai is doing nosework, search and rescue, and will be doing conformation. He actually belongs to another friend of mine, and was just annoying Sam on Friday, as he was being a bit friendlier than Sam was really interested in. That is, until he figured out I had a bully stick in my pocket. He actually almost got it out before I noticed that was why he'd come to give me a hug.

Here's the one my friend who had owned the father years ago [they used his frozen sperm] and co-owns the mother decided to keep.

A sister, who I'm pretty sure is owned by someone I know and is learning nosework.

One of the sisters I don't really know, but lives in the area. I think she may belong to the other co-owner of the mother.

If I remember correctly this one lives in California and he's learning to herd.

Don't even know where this girl is living or what she's doing. Her owner does have another, older, terv as well though.

Don't know a whole lot about this girl either. She's living in a home with another dog and I think kids? There are some hiking pictures, but I don't know a lot more.

Dedicated Hoarder

Payton Leeroy
Latrans

Alright, I've been meaning to post photos of them for the past 10 months, but these are some of the terv pups my friend recently bred. One's learning to herd, one's working with mules, multiple are doing nosework, and two are even training to do search and rescue [including cadaver work] and one will be doing conformation as well. I know my friend wanted them all placed in homes where they will be active, working dogs, and the litter was specifically bred to have a high work drive and sharp noses. Mom does search and rescue [including cadavers], and Dad had been involved in agility, nosework, conformation, obedience, and I think Rally.

Some general pictures of multiples/them as puppies.

Can you tell that Belgians are a favorite among my friends? They've been trying to get together with the pups who stayed in the area every month, and one month they had a belgian play day.

Kenai is doing nosework, search and rescue, and will be doing conformation. He actually belongs to another friend of mine, and was just annoying Sam on Friday, as he was being a bit friendlier than Sam was really interested in. That is, until he figured out I had a bully stick in my pocket. He actually almost got it out before I noticed that was why he'd come to give me a hug.

Here's the one my friend who had owned the father years ago [they used his frozen sperm] and co-owns the mother decided to keep.

A sister, who I'm pretty sure is owned by someone I know and is learning nosework.

One of the sisters I don't really know, but lives in the area. I think she may belong to the other co-owner of the mother.

If I remember correctly this one lives in California and he's learning to herd.

Don't even know where this girl is living or what she's doing. Her owner does have another, older, terv as well though.

Don't know a whole lot about this girl either. She's living in a home with another dog and I think kids? There are some hiking pictures, but I don't know a lot more.
So much cute and beautiful! -overloads-

Devoted Inquisitor

Payton Leeroy
Latrans

<3<3 these dogs are all gorgeous! Some of them look really familiar--do you know any reg. names/owner names (you can PM me if you want)?

Thank you so much for taking the time to share.
I don't wanna make a whole thread and jinx it, but Jellybean's been super good at not peeing anywhere but in her litter box (and covering it up holy shizz) and I forgot to fold my futon out of the way (Its a trigger) and she totally didn't pee on it. YEY.

Eloquent Gawker

This doesn't need it's own thread but Melon is doing great in agility so far. He's fearless with the obstacles (which is a surprise) and is so happy to work and be in tune with me.

We did our very first mini course today- pause table, 2 jumps, curve tunnel, straight tunnel, back to table- and he was amazing! Unfortunately/fortunately it confirmed what I had expected- he BLASTED through the course. I'm going to have a hell of a time keeping up with him. gonk

Devoted Inquisitor

Elsie's titles show up on dog show scores now! Yay, lol.

I also got her PCD and RE title certificates in the mail. emotion_kirakira

And tomorrow we're going to try for her second CD leg.

Invisible Phantom

8,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
Latrans

I'm not sure what PCD, RE, or CD mean, but i do lurk in your threads you make to know it competitions. I'm looking forward to reading how she does xD i would wish you luck, but psh, like you guys need it xd i dont wanna jinx it.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Latrans

Awesome! Payton and I are going to finally get his RA title next weekend, and possibly bring home his RE title as well. Depends on how well he does. I'm going to expect him to fail at least one of the four runs though, since it's a long weekend.

Devoted Inquisitor

Ms Nooks_
Latrans

I'm not sure what PCD, RE, or CD mean, but i do lurk in your threads you make to know it competitions. I'm looking forward to reading how she does xD i would wish you luck, but psh, like you guys need it xd i dont wanna jinx it.

PCD is a pre-novice obedience title and CD is a novice obedience title; they involve on and off leash heeling, a figure eight, a recall, a stand for exam by the judge, and, for the CD, a long sit and down. the RE is the rally excellent title, which involves doing a number of exercises at stations in a ring.

Thank you! Zoey got her first CD leg today, and she's competing tomorrow, too!

Payton Leeroy
Latrans

Awesome! Payton and I are going to finally get his RA title next weekend, and possibly bring home his RE title as well. Depends on how well he does. I'm going to expect him to fail at least one of the four runs though, since it's a long weekend.

That's awesome! Elsie did four successful runs in one weekend--I bet he can to it too! Which venue is it?

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Latrans

That's awesome! Elsie did four successful runs in one weekend--I bet he can to it too! Which venue is it?

AKC. We've only been able to go to one competition a year, and each year he's passed all but one of the runs we signed up for, so we'll have to see. We're pretty out of practice though. Only really been picking it up again the past month or two. Long as he gets the RA I'll be happy, and since he's already two legs toward it I don't think we'll have a problem.

He gets a bit scatter brained when we travel to competitions though, probably because of my own stress and him always becoming a clown when I'm stressed to try and relax me and cheer me up. He actually ran on top of a tunnel one time instead of through it to make me laugh, and completely avoided going over the dog walk [which he loves] another time when I'd had a horrible night at work. He's a crazy goofball, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Been working on Sally's retrieve again and she's doing awesome!
She's been bringing her toys back to the box reliably even outside with ducks around.

Now I gotta extend her line even longer because I keep throwing her toys too far for her to reach.
xp

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Well s**t. Went to a rally/obedience practice session with a group of local trainers to get ready for next week. I was handed an arm band for obedience, even though Payton and I have never tried it and I had no interest in it, just because my friend forgot about that. Figured it could be good practice for rally, so we went in anyway. And now I think that after Payton gets his RE we'll be moving on to obedience, because it was surprisingly fun and he did wonderfully until it came to staying standing when someone touched him.

I'm also thinking there is a chance that Sam might try Rally, if I can ever teach him to walk at a heel. We went through a novice course just for fun, and besides having to keep the leash tight to keep him in place he did surprisingly well and seemed to have fun with it!

We also had a certain bully stick thief 10 month old Terv puppy decide to play with Sam [When it had died down to some of my friends and I and we were giving the dogs a bit of a break to play], which Sam enjoyed for the most part, though the pup isn't used to playing with older/smaller dogs and started getting a little rough, so Payton ran to his brother's rescue and told the pup off. Seems like Payton's really starting to like this whole sibling thing!

Then when we got home Payton decided to pee on a bucket we have in the back yard, and one of my chickens came around the bucket behind him, eyed him for a while, then tried to eat the foot he had up in the air. Payton was horribly offended, but seeing as I thought the chicken was going to try and eat a different body part he should be downright grateful! The chickens also tried to eat Sam's nose and eye before, always go after fingernails and toenails, and have been known to steal glasses. The problems with turning your chickens into pets...

Eloquent Gawker

Payton Leeroy
Then when we got home Payton decided to pee on a bucket we have in the back yard, and one of my chickens came around the bucket behind him, eyed him for a while, then tried to eat the foot he had up in the air. Payton was horribly offended, but seeing as I thought the chicken was going to try and eat a different body part he should be downright grateful! The chickens also tried to eat Sam's nose and eye before, always go after fingernails and toenails, and have been known to steal glasses. The problems with turning your chickens into pets...

I so wish you had this on video! rofl

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Savage Destiny
Payton Leeroy

I so wish you had this on video! rofl

Haha! That would have been smart of me. I mean, I knew it was coming, if I'd been thinking I would have grabbed my phone! Ah well, I'll try to remember next time I think they're going to do something silly like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff