• Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Ahhh that makes me feel special.

I don't think I have one of him looking at the camera head on but heres one of the back of his head. I need to look through my pictures and upload a new one of him.

Ozzy looking away

I think even just looking at the back of his head you can tell he's not a wolf though.

They call him a wolf? gonk

I shouldn't be surprised. People have asked if Elsie is a fox before.
Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

What really?? She doesn't look like a fox at all!!

That's so weird.

Yeah, I know, I don't see it either.

She's also been called a chow, and a "really good looking GSD."
a chow??? ah the world.....

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

I don't think I have one of him looking at the camera head on but heres one of the back of his head. I need to look through my pictures and upload a new one of him.

Ozzy looking away

I think even just looking at the back of his head you can tell he's not a wolf though.

Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

That's so weird.

I don't mind too much. The guy who wanted to breed her to his husky because she was such a great example of the breed? That irritated me. "But her color is spectacular! It's so unusual!" Um, no. There's approximately ten bajillion red sable dogs with black masks in the world, thanks.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
MlizGr
Vegeta_Lover239
JosephineReally
If it helps, I love you guys. heart I don't think I can really be considered a reg, but more of a lurker but...

Actually, that status better fits me as well xD

Nonsense, you both are on my list of regulars.

And goodness, I think I opened a can of worms with this thread.

you asked....
Oh! I think I am too new to be a regular. Plus I don't really post with much intelligence XD
I wonder if I have been blocked. I try to be amiable on the pets forum, but if you see me on Current World Events, it's a different story.
I don't claim to be the know-all be-all, and I've only recently gotten into some of this stuff.

Short of a few short fuses, you all have been intelligent and friendly to me. Lol. People take things and make things too personal.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
The Tussock
Oh! I think I am too new to be a regular. Plus I don't really post with much intelligence XD
I wonder if I have been blocked. I try to be amiable on the pets forum, but if you see me on Current World Events, it's a different story.
I don't claim to be the know-all be-all, and I've only recently gotten into some of this stuff.

Short of a few short fuses, you all have been intelligent and friendly to me. Lol. People take things and make things too personal.

You're a regular in my eyes. ^^
I find it really cool how you know a lot about wildlife, especially birds and inverts. And your username is just so...grand. Any username starting with "The" is a pretty fierce, strong one.
Sorry for multiple-post. I'm on my phone.
As for what pisses me off, I don't understand the fascination with wolves and wolf hybrids. Why?? Anything that mentions wolf I just stay away from because it will annoy me.

In real life, trying to take care of the animals in the nature center pisses
Me off a lot sometimes. I can't be reimbursed for anything I buy, and only one ranger has a state credit card to buy things with. When I need crickets or new bedding or anything!! I am at his whim, and for being in charge of the nature center and interpretive programming at the park, he sure doesn't ******** get around to getting animal food. Plus, i have tried to get him to change beddings and what not, but he is old and stubborn and insists on not changing. He also does not, whatsoever take care of the animals if I am off or gone for the season.
For example, I have gone for a month without getting crickets before. And I've fed all 4 snaked and the owl from my personal mouse store. I've spent over $100 of my own money on things for the center, animals, and programs.

Oh. Need I mention that I had to move out of my cabin and into a FEMA trailer that has been out of propane all summer and so does not have heat. It was 40 freaking degrees last night.
I think just fish stupidity in general pisses me off. x.x "OMG Y R MAH FYSH DYING I HAZ DEM IN A BOWL AN THEY JST DY! " ..... :Slaps.:

I mean, really? Is spending 5 minutes on google REALLY that hard?
Not sure if I'm a reg, especially lately since I haven't been posting much, but I appreciate everyone's opinions here so hope that counts for something. xD

Biggest pet peeve would be someone that asks me for help or if they should change anything about the care that they're giving their pet and then look at me like I've grown three heads.

Recently a friend of mine asked how her hamster looked to me since he seemed so energetic. This hamster was in this cage and she never even takes him out because he's scared. Apparently working with the hamster is too much work. =/ I'd be freaking bored if I were stuck in there. No room between his house, wheel and food dish; he has to walk over or under things to get to the corners of his cage.

Of course, I don't give information if I don't know for sure, which is why I didn't comment on the food. The food had dyed bits in it to 'help with dental hygiene' and she doesn't supplement his diet with any fresh seeds or vegetables or anything. I don't like this, but I wasn't sure if this was as dire a problem as it is with rats, since hamsters live out in the desert and might not have much access to veggies in the wild, either.

Anyways, she got exasperated with me and brushed me off by saying I'm just being "nit-picky". When I brought the subject up again, she rolled her eyes and told me to lay off; she'll get him an exercise ball. Haven't seen it yet, and it's been two weeks now.

This kind of thing frustrates me to no end.

Invisible Citizen

JAT_gurl
this cage

Oh my god. That's the cage my rat Dustin was in when I brought him home. :/
Poor little baby, he's fine now at least but that thing is a torture cage. .-.
Know what I can't stand?

Ferret mill apologists.

Me: Ferrets in petshops come from ferret mills. Ferret mills are like puppy mills: bad.

Mill Apologist: Omg you private breeder/rescue ferret snob how dare you insult my mill ferret, mill ferrets need love too and buying a ferret from a mill is actually like rescue and doesn't really support the mill and ~anyway~ if I didn't buy a mill ferret I wouldn't be able to have a ferret or I would have to wait or I would have to drive to get one IT'S CONVENIENT blah blah blah.

Me: Would you buy a puppy from a puppy mill?

Mill Apologist: That's different!

Does my head in, it really does. I hate how so many in the ferret community are like...so willing to forgive the mills just because it is convenient to do so. The dog community in general is much better for my blood pressure in regards to that. There is no culture of apologism that protects puppy mill supporters, but unfortunately it is rife in ferrets. Unfortunately a lot of rescue and private breeder advocates feel silenced because they know they'll be called snobs/discriminatory/ferret haters if they speak out against ferret mills.

Anyone who knows me has probably worked out that I'm completely obsessed with ferrets. Even so, I wouldn't have any ferrets if my only option was supporting a nasty ferret mill. Because I want to put what's best for them ahead of satisfying my own desires.

Well, that rant started out because I was thinking of a single incident on Pets! where someone first ignored me in a thread but is right across the shop in ferret forums also. When I introduced myself in the thread I mentioned my ferrets were private bred [read: a snob] and then when I called her on it she threw a complete tantrum. I replied a few times and then left the thread because some days I just really can't be bothered. Then several weeks later someone asked about ferret mills in the thread so I responded to that and the OP threw another massive tantrum and said that I was insulting her ferret. rolleyes

Something else I hate: Kibble is good for dental health because it cleans the teeth! No it goddamn doesn't!

Also, when people piss and moan about folks like Mistress, Mliz, Latrans etc because they are outspoken and believe in what they say. How dare you not sugar coat everything.

And Miss Vegan Superstar the other day who thought she was the enlightening beacon who was going to revolutionize the forum by showing us her blog was pretty annoying.

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

I've been blocked by someone in this forum, it was a fish thread and the person didn't like my input about his/her sick fish. As far as I know, that's the only time anyone has blocked me. I block spammers, whenever I come across a thread by the deal studio people, I block them because that's just annoying. I'm not on gaia to buy clothes rolleyes

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Mistress of Rain

you asked....

That I did, just didn't think I'd get so many responses.

I think one of the things that bothers me most is when people come to ask for advice, then get mad at us because we all give about the same advice and it's NOT the advice they wanted to hear...

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
MlizGr
Mistress of Rain

you asked....

That I did, just didn't think I'd get so many responses.

I think one of the things that bothers me most is when people come to ask for advice, then get mad at us because we all give about the same advice and it's NOT the advice they wanted to hear...

smile Oh and I decided to make my avatar a bit more pet friendly! Though until I save up some money it is only Ika right now not looking to happy XD

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Ozzy looking away

That's so weird.

I don't mind too much. The guy who wanted to breed her to his husky because she was such a great example of the breed? That irritated me. "But her color is spectacular! It's so unusual!" Um, no. There's approximately ten bajillion red sable dogs with black masks in the world, thanks.
Oh God! But he has a husky and you have.. a teruvian if I am correct? Sorry I seriously have no brains today to remember with.. So basically he wanted to make a fancy looking mutt? I am so, so glad Ozzy is fixed. We've had a couple people ask to breed with him but his temperament is one I would not EVER want to possibly pass to a pup.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff