Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Am I the only one noticing that the "DogVSCat results/votes" are becoming unstickied?

~~

*goes to check* HEY! they are.... this could be a good thing or a bad thing....

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mistress of Rain
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Am I the only one noticing that the "DogVSCat results/votes" are becoming unstickied?

~~

An indication that they're making Pets a real forum, perhaps?

Or an omen of the removal of the Pets forum...

I personally believe in the former.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Moth Feathers
Mistress of Rain
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

~~

An indication that they're making Pets a real forum, perhaps?

Or an omen of the removal of the Pets forum...

I personally believe in the former.

I hope the former smile
Ah. I hope it will be its own. I hate going to GD or something where everyone has a silly webcam photo of themselves in their sigs. I'd rather see Rain's black fuzzies and Elsie e,e

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Tussock
Ah. I hope it will be its own. I hate going to GD or something where everyone has a silly webcam photo of themselves in their sigs. I'd rather see Rain's black fuzzies and Elsie e,e

I like seeing your caterpillar smile
Mistress of Rain
The Tussock

I like showing off this caterpillar, they are all over the milkweeds in the garden. So cool, they start in colonies of like 50+ and don't look anything like the picture. It's only after a couple instars that they get that definitive shaggy-dog look biggrin

But I found a Pipevine Swallowtail one day this summer and I was like "THIS IS THE MOST BAD a** BUG I HAVE EVER FOUND!!" and looked it up in the book like a giddy schoolgirl.
User Image

When messed with, they pump these things out of their head!

User Image

And they make one of the really cool chrysalis that is suspended by the 'seatbelt'
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More than you ever wanted to know about caterpillars!

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Tussock
Mistress of Rain
The Tussock

I like showing off this caterpillar, they are all over the milkweeds in the garden. So cool, they start in colonies of like 50+ and don't look anything like the picture. It's only after a couple instars that they get that definitive shaggy-dog look biggrin

But I found a Pipevine Swallowtail one day this summer and I was like "THIS IS THE MOST BAD a** BUG I HAVE EVER FOUND!!" and looked it up in the book like a giddy schoolgirl.
User Image

When messed with, they pump these things out of their head!

User Image

And they make one of the really cool chrysalis that is suspended by the 'seatbelt'
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

More than you ever wanted to know about caterpillars!

that is how I was in my bird class "OMG what's that!" *looks through book happily....gets weird looks from the Forestry kids that have been out in the field since freshman year....*

And That is an AWESOME bug! don't know if I would still mess with it after it pumped up but normal they look pretty sweet.
Mistress of Rain

that is how I was in my bird class "OMG what's that!" *looks through book happily....gets weird looks from the Forestry kids that have been out in the field since freshman year....*

And That is an AWESOME bug! don't know if I would still mess with it after it pumped up but normal they look pretty sweet.

Oh, they are harmless.

Somehow in college I missed all this stuff. There just isn't enough time to take everything that is interesting. But, I also went to a liberal arts school where there are a lot of.. broad, cross-discipline requirements.
I actually took one zoology class. Sad I missed entomology. More upset they didn't offer mycology my senior year. Most of my training was botany and microbio. Most of my animal knowledge is self-taught after being on the park.

well, I had other training, too. it was urban geography stuff. I took field trips to the suburbs and the bad parts of town. Saw a crack house get raided by a tactical team while on a field trip sweatdrop
and the hispanic / somali ghettos and stuff. Wrote my thesis on the geography of womens' colleges from like 1850s to 1920s in small midwestern towns.

Yeeeeaahh.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Tussock
Mistress of Rain

Oh, they are harmless.

Somehow in college I missed all this stuff. There just isn't enough time to take everything that is interesting. But, I also went to a liberal arts school where there are a lot of.. broad, cross-discipline requirements.
I actually took one zoology class. Sad I missed entomology. More upset they didn't offer mycology my senior year. Most of my training was botany and microbio. Most of my animal knowledge is self-taught after being on the park.

well, I had other training, too. it was urban geography stuff. I took field trips to the suburbs and the bad parts of town. Saw a crack house get raided by a tactical team while on a field trip sweatdrop
and the hispanic / somali ghettos and stuff. Wrote my thesis on the geography of womens' colleges from like 1850s to 1920s in small midwestern towns.

Yeeeeaahh.

reason why I'm Biology, not Forestry: I want to study animals... not TREES...trees and hey look a bush...

Reason why I am concentrating in Ecology: I don't want to look into a microscope all day... give me stuff i can see with my own eyes (So Taking the forestry animal classes... and ecology classes... though only took two...)

If I hang around I can take a course on wetlands, bugs, and reptiles. (fish are in the bio department and I hate the prof so I wont take it )
Mistress of Rain
The Tussock
Mistress of Rain

Oh, they are harmless.

Yeeeeaahh.

reason why I'm Biology, not Forestry: I want to study animals... not TREES...trees and hey look a bush...

Reason why I am concentrating in Ecology: I don't want to look into a microscope all day... give me stuff i can see with my own eyes (So Taking the forestry animal classes... and ecology classes... though only took two...)

If I hang around I can take a course on wetlands, bugs, and reptiles. (fish are in the bio department and I hate the prof so I wont take it )

My fancy, expensive piece of paper officially declares me (and I do this to clear up confusion)
Double major in Environmental Studies and Geography
minor in Botany, Microbiology

all my ecology classes were plant-based. I loved plant communities and ecosystems. I think there was a more zoo-centric ecology option as well, but... I was comfortable with my plants...

If I did it again, I would be ALL OVER that bug class. AND SOME HERPS!!!

As far as wetlands go, kettle bogs are the coolest. Many a day spent in 90* weather in long sleeves to avoid getting poison sumac. But the plants in there are pret-ty freaking cool.
Guys, i'm so tired. =( I've done like...3 times the work the last 2 days...that I normally do. .-.
Carl let the tanks go so bad. He wasn't cleaning around them, he wasn't cleaning the glass or the fixtures or -anything- . And the insides were obviously just as bad. xD
Anyhow, normally we were pulling anywhere from 20-30 dead fish out a day.
Today all I pulled out was 4 Swords (Somethings...wrong, in that tank) 2 Guppies, and 2 knife fish jumped out so they don't even begin to count. xD Things are going back to somewhat normal in the tanks. I did water changes again on the tanks with dead fish, and the feeder tanks, and replaced some water in some other tanks.

So, I may be a beginner fish keeper but i'd say i'm doing pretty damn good! I'm honestly pretty proud of myself, I went into this fairly blind. xD I've got a 10G at home but you know...doesn't mean I know all, and I don't. And the boss has definitely made her mind up not to let him back if he even asks/apologizes/whatever.

Oh awesome thing...i'm getting an API Test Kit finally (The good one you know, looks like a science Kit) for 12 dollars! They're FINALLY on sale! Ahhhh yeah ;D I love Holiday Sales. I can also get a 20G Long Critter Cage (Sliding Locking Top) for 30 dollars for the corn if I decide to keep him. Just a matter of deciding. <3

So how was everyone else's day? o.o
Morphine Kiss
Guys, i'm so tired. =( I've done like...3 times the work the last 2 days...that I normally do. .-.
Carl let the tanks go so bad. He wasn't cleaning around them, he wasn't cleaning the glass or the fixtures or -anything- . And the insides were obviously just as bad. xD
Today all I pulled out was 4 Swords (Somethings...wrong, in that tank) 2 Guppies, and 2 knife fish jumped out so they don't even begin to count. xD Things are going back to somewhat normal in the tanks. I did water changes again on the tanks with dead fish, and the feeder tanks, and replaced some water in some other tanks.

So, I may be a beginner fish keeper but i'd say i'm doing pretty damn good! I'm honestly pretty proud of myself, I went into this fairly blind. xD I've got a 10G at home but you know...doesn't mean I know all, and I don't. And the boss has definitely made her mind up not to let him back if he even asks/apologizes/whatever.

Oh awesome thing...i'm getting an API Test Kit finally (The good one you know, looks like a science Kit) for 12 dollars! They're FINALLY on sale! Ahhhh yeah ;D I love Holiday Sales. I can also get a 20G Long Critter Cage (Sliding Locking Top) for 30 dollars for the corn if I decide to keep him. Just a matter of deciding. <3

So that guy got fired, right?

The park has been filled to capacity, non-stop since yesterday. I couldn't even keep track of my numbers today, it's probably close to 200?, especially of people getting snake education. Just people walking into my nature center.
Getting tired of the snake... want the owl jess already... want to talk about raptors... (I don't know crap about other birds)...

Edit: totally too excited by my new sig.

Aged Hunter

So today Hubby went with me to work with Will since he'd shown some nervousness around men. The two of them hit it off right off the bat and now we're trying to get Will. We're moving in 3 weeks into a new place that allows dogs of any breed or size. And since we're going to be close enough to work that we'll be home for lunch everyday we'll only have to leave him home alone for 4 hours at a time at the most. heart

Also posted this on my Petfinder thread

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Morphine Kiss

Learned that i might do anything with my degree... had a hear t to heart text conversation with my cousin who i look up to... and am fine with that now, and just want to be happy with my animals, and my family.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
The Tussock

Edit: totally too excited by my new sig.

your sig is totally brightening my mood.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff