Welcome to Gaia! ::

Payton Leeroy

I've actually had this happen to me before and ended up having Fairy shrimp. If you've ever fed those "freeze dried brine shrimp" that very well could be what you have. They're harmless, and a good food source for most fish. Wish I had kept some. Bettas LOVE them.

These sorta do remind me of baby brine shrimp (I used to have some for my betta) but that was a completely different tank, and I never feed any in this tank. ._.;
I'm contemplating making a thread to record the animals at the shelter that I volunteer at, would anyone enjoy such a thread? xD I just get so excited when animals are adopted, or sad when they are put down, that I thought maybe the pets forum would be able to understand, since most people think I'm crazy for caring so much >.>
hiysinphlay
I'm contemplating making a thread to record the animals at the shelter that I volunteer at, would anyone enjoy such a thread? xD I just get so excited when animals are adopted, or sad when they are put down, that I thought maybe the pets forum would be able to understand, since most people think I'm crazy for caring so much >.>

Threads with cute animals are always welcome. Sad stories are a part of having cute animals, and it helps to share. I say make the thread.

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
hiysinphlay

me too! I would enjoy this. smile

And the specks are probably fine. Just do a lot of water changes and see if they go away? Dx

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Freyja and I have come to a good start. Im proud to say, she is no longer digging into the carpets. As long as I spray the area with Feliway, play with her a great deal before bed, and make sure her Da Bird and the Cat Catcher are both in bed when we are, she is happy.

And I had a nice long talk with my gma on the subject and she agrees that the plastic mat is working. With any luck, I can be out before Jan. O.o Depends on avialiabity of apts in my near vicinity of work.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I keep meaning to drop this off here.

http://petsadviser.com/animal-welfare/impulse-buying-pets-nightmare/

I know stories about puppy mill animals and the evils that buying from a puppy mill are something that everyone here is very much aware of. But this is one of those stories that has stuck with me, so I've bookmarked it so that I can share it with others as an educational tool.
Lucky is getting so attentive.. emotion_kirakira

We were walking our cul-de-sac offleash, which has become pretty routine. We made our way to the end and back several times. The entire time she didn't go more than 5~ feet away and everytime she'd get that distance she'd immedaintly look to check exactly where I was. If I had stopped she'd bound right back to me and get in 'heel' position (something I never actively taught her) and wait until I started walking again.. emotion_kirakira At one point my bf and I were walking slowly, talking and laughing.. When I said something about sitting. Guess who bounds from 5ft away to plop her silly butt at my feet? I just kind of stared in disbelief for a sec being pumping her food of treats and praise.

SHE'S GETTING SMARTER AS SHE AGES, I THOUGHT THE OPPOSITE HAPPENED?!?!

Maybe in the next few days you'll see a thread of our offleash 'work'. I want to try her in the daytime since the daytime holds more distractions.. So far she's only been to the end of the culdesac offleash at night..

Aged Hunter

I finally got it done! Here's the first glimpse of A Will And A Prayer Pet Services!
A Will And A Prayer Pet Services
Please feel free to share. Let me know what you all think of it!

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
yaaaaayyyyy, finally changed my retarded signature. Now I need to update my horrendously outdated profile. Dx

And continue with water changes! > wink

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Shearaha
I finally got it done! Here's the first glimpse of A Will And A Prayer Pet Services!

Yaaayy! smile I liked it. :3

Is this for your training?

Aged Hunter

Mircheese
Shearaha

Yaaayy! smile I liked it. :3

Is this for your training?

It's my training/sitting/walking/post-op care business 3nodding

I had a write up on there but now I can't find it. Too tired to mess with it anymore tonight. Deal with it tomorrow after the cat show cat_ninja

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Awwwwwww omg story time!!!!

So, my mom just told me about sonething that happened with Lizzy the iguana. First, backstory: we brought Liz from our other house to our apartment here a few weeks ago. She's been eating a ton but hasn't been pooping a lot. The other day she came upstairs and I decided I would give her a much needed bath so I picked her up and plopped her in the tub. As I was turning the water on, she let out the giantest poop in the world. It was almost as big as a human poop and you could hear it all the way from downstairs! Lol. So anyway, we took her out of the bath then and cleaned it up and she hasn't pooped since. She usually hangs out downstairs.

So today, she was down basking in the window and my mom said she suddenly freaked out and put her dewlap down and started running and zig-zagging across the living room, then bolted up the stairs. My mom was worried and followed her and saw her go in the bathroom. Lizzy was struggling to get up and climb into the slippery bathtub and my mom thought she was crazy. She couldn't pull herself up so she just sat back down near the toilet and squatted and let out another jumbo poop.

Then we realized. She was trying to go potty! It was only one time she'd pooped in the bathtub but she remembered and wanted to do it again. She's potty trained! And this will be greatly helpful to us so we don't have to clean poo off the carpet (or off my sister's bed like stupid Mister Territorial Angst [our other 'guana, Lazer]). Lol. Love my smart baby! <3

Sparkly Lunatic

What a cute poop story!!! 4laugh

Devoted Inquisitor

Elsie fell asleep with her head in my lap today. <3

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
THeSLuSH
What a cute poop story!!! 4laugh

Thanks!