Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I get my next paycheck(or might just wait till Christmas) I'm considering getting Abby and Twister both a new harness for agility. Just having a little trouble deciding which one I like.

Right now I'm thinking this one for Abby

And maybe this one or this one(there are some minor differences between the two) for Twister

thoughts? And which color do you think would look good on them?

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
[WARNING: LONG POST!] rofl

Hey all... lol, there are a few things I'd been wanting to share:

In our AP Senior English class, we had to do this super elementary assignment of writing a story using our vocab words. I had fin with it and wrote mine about a fish. Easy points and a good way to teach the teacher what not to do, lol. Not great quality pics, and ugly contrast change to see the light pencil marks, but here is my story if you're interested in (attempting) reading it.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Also, I think my dad is getting alzheimers. The other day after he dropped us off at our apartment after picking us up from school, he came because he had to go pee. lol. Anyhow, he saw the animals and greeted Dragon, and asked where Iggabella the baby iguana was as he stared at her. "She's right there," I pointed. "Oh, that's Iggy? I just thought she was a water dragon cause of her size." lolwut? She's the same as last time he saw her.
Then upstairs, he was talking to the rats as he exited the bathroom. All three of my ratties are female, and he's known that ever since I got them. "Oh, hey, Brother! Awwhhhh you guys are so sweet. Good boys! Yes, you're a handsome little man, yeah Brothers..."
Then he came back down and looked for Lizzy the giant 'guana, who was laying on the couch trying to sleep. He started petting her with no warning and she wasn't in the mood so she pulled her head away and closed her eyes, her sort of way of playing possum and showing disinterest, hoping you'll go away. He kept with this for a good few minutes talking to her and talking as her, lol: "She says, 'Oh, yes, Daddy, that feels good. I just love it when you scratch me all over right there cause it's just a spot I just can't reach! Ohhhh yeah... Just pet me!" lol, when I'm sure what she was really thinking was "Stop molesting me and let me sleep, you obnoxious fool!"
Then after he finished that he asked Lizzy: "Where's your son?!" lol. Lazer, the other iguana, is Iggabella's dad, but he's not related to Lizzy in any way. He's too old to be her son anyway. But anyhow, I told him where Lazer was in my windowsill upstairs and he went right up there and startled Lazer, who had no warning anyone was even home and greeted by a person he rarely saw and didn't like. My father did this loud high-pitched voice and thrust his hand forward trying to touch him even though he knew how he would react. Lazer kept trying to tail-whip him and I kept telling him to stop reaching forward then pulling back because it was upsetting Lazer and if he actually tried to whip him hard the power from his tail would make him fall off the narrow ledge. My dad sort of ignored me and giggled as he kept going back for more, pretending to think he would be able to tame him.
Then as he was coming back downstairs he bumped the rats' cage and said " Oops, sorry, Mouse." lol, so now it is a single mouse instead of rats, plural?!
Then as he was getting ready to go, he petted a sleeping Spike by pressing his sandpaper hands over his third eye and waking him by making him almost fall out of his tree. Then he aksed "where's the crested gecko?" and I showed him Rafikki's cage and said "Oh, he's in there somewhere, I guess he's hiding." and then he said, no, the other gecko (that we got as a present from evil stepmother)," and I realized he was talking about Sandee the baby leopard gecko. lol.

Anyway, that's about it for that story. But I also wanted to share: the other day there were also these cute little six-year-old girls in here and they were playing with the animals and it was just so cute how they were so perplexed and fascinated with Lizzy the lizard and were asking me all kinds of questions about her and working up courage to touch her. :3

Oh! And also, my local reptile show is on Sunday and I MUST GOOOOOO! > wink
I've been waiting so long for it to happen again and it will be so awesome. I am going for supplies, not animals, but it will be nice drooling over all the gorgeous critters I see there. <3

AH, ONE MORE THING! I got two new baby plecos and they are super cute and liked eating algae off my glass ball.
I'm feeling pretty down about my ratties :c Bolt is such an a**. He just won't stop beating up the others. I'm going to have to separate him. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll still get along with Theo when I put them back together. Bolt and Theo always usually get along, but Theo is one of my breeders and has been out with a female for about a week now, so I guess we'll see if Bolt will accept him back.

On a happier note, Titus my puppy has mastered 'sit' lol now to move on to another trick c:

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
Time to keep an eye on miss panther.....

Though she is still playful, for the past week or so she has been a bit more vocal, but still her normal self.

why do i want to keep an eye on her? she went into her box, squatted, sniffed around while she was there got up and got out. Now, she is back to playing with her treat ball and eating.
Keyona

Though she is still playful, for the past week or so she has been a bit more vocal, but still her normal self.

why do i want to keep an eye on her? she went into her box, squatted, sniffed around while she was there got up and got out. Now, she is back to playing with her treat ball and eating.

Oh no! Hopefully she just had a derp moment and there's nothing wrong.. D:

Devoted Raider

8,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
11 Cardinal 11
Keyona

hoping she was just like "oh i got to go!"-gets in there...-"oh never mind"
Keyona
11 Cardinal 11
Keyona

hoping she was just like "oh i got to go!"-gets in there...-"oh never mind"

Hopefully! Jericho's done that once or twice while running around playing. :/

On a side note.. There's to many things on my bed. My daughter, my bf, myself, with Eagle and Jericho squeezed in where they fit. D:< Its only a full sized! Urgh.
There are little critters in my fish tank >.> I'd take a picture but you would never be able to see them. I only noticed it because I was staring at the tank and it looked like little specks of dust were moving...and they were <.< My guess is some sort of bug that's babies are raised in water? Not quite sure what to do about it, but they don't seem to bug the snails and that's all that's in there at the moment.

Aged Hunter

Had another mostly successful pet store visit this morning. We went to PetSmart this time. All the associates were very good with him, in fact he decided he like one of them and sat on her feet to get scritches. But of course just as we were checking out (really needed more treats) some random woman comes up behind us and goes all "puppy, puppy, puppy" and starts leaning over Will and touching him. Will FREAKED. Reason number 1 that Will always wears his muzzle. Had he not been wearing it that woman would have been in the hospital. I mean who does that to a dog wearing a muzzle in the first place? Which is exactly what I asked the woman once I had Will calmed down. She said she didn't see it. I told her in the future ask every owner if she can touch their dog BEFORE approaching.

Devoted Inquisitor

Shearaha
Had another mostly successful pet store visit this morning. We went to PetSmart this time. All the associates were very good with him, in fact he decided he like one of them and sat on her feet to get scritches. But of course just as we were checking out (really needed more treats) some random woman comes up behind us and goes all "puppy, puppy, puppy" and starts leaning over Will and touching him. Will FREAKED. Reason number 1 that Will always wears his muzzle. Had he not been wearing it that woman would have been in the hospital. I mean who does that to a dog wearing a muzzle in the first place? Which is exactly what I asked the woman once I had Will calmed down. She said she didn't see it. I told her in the future ask every owner if she can touch their dog BEFORE approaching.

Oh no. :[

How did she get that close?

Invisible Genius

7,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
hiysinphlay
There are little critters in my fish tank >.> I'd take a picture but you would never be able to see them. I only noticed it because I was staring at the tank and it looked like little specks of dust were moving...and they were <.< My guess is some sort of bug that's babies are raised in water? Not quite sure what to do about it, but they don't seem to bug the snails and that's all that's in there at the moment.

How tiny are they? What shape? Are they all throughout the water or just on the bottom or the glass or something?

Not likely you'd see them, but a slight possibility it could be the free swimming form of the ich parasite.

Aged Hunter

Latrans
Shearaha

She came up behind us. Will was sitting inextricable to me, being a very good boy and ignoring the cashier, focusing on me. She took us both completely by surprise gonk

Devoted Inquisitor

Shearaha
Latrans
Shearaha

She came up behind us. Will was sitting inextricable to me, being a very good boy and ignoring the cashier, focusing on me. She took us both completely by surprise gonk

:[ That's so upsetting.

Even with Elsie I have to be extremely aware of where people are around me.

Aged Hunter

Latrans
Shearaha
Latrans
Shearaha

:[ That's so upsetting.

Even with Elsie I have to be extremely aware of where people are around me.

Normally I am hyper aware of people when I have Will, I was today too, this woman was ninja quiet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff