Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Rauhiss
Shearaha
Plays a little too rough, huh? Good that you're putting so much thought and work into it. Most folks would just write him off as impossible to handle and dump him at the nearest shelter. He's lucky to have you.

Schroedinger is kinda' hard to pronounce, doesn't really roll off the tongue. Dingy could work, I suppose, but a tuxedo cat needs a more formal name to match their more formal look, I think. And Mister Dingy sounds even sillier than just Dingy.

I'd almost adopt that cat JUST to name it Schroedinger...
Bleh, guys,
I know a few of you have PM'd me, and since the only ones I chat with on here are in the PF, i'm posting this here as an update: (Just a copy/paste from my fb)

Yesterday Mom was doing alright, but today I couldn't get ahold of her at all by phone so I felt like something was up. We finally got ahold of the nurse's desk and they promptly told us to come down to see her because she wasn't doing well. I was informed by the nurse there that the pancreatic cancer is now taking over completely, and this is just what it does and that patients tend to just crash. She was able to mumble, and get a few words out, but the Nurse didn't expect her to be awake tomorrow. She was in very bad shape. I just ask for prayers from everyone, that she can go in peace, it be quick, and with the least pain possible, and finally be in a place of happiness.

Needless to say, to those who have PMd me and such, I appreciate all the care you guys have shown. Kind words keep me from falling apart.
Morphine Kiss
Bleh, guys,
I know a few of you have PM'd me, and since the only ones I chat with on here are in the PF, i'm posting this here as an update: (Just a copy/paste from my fb)

Yesterday Mom was doing alright, but today I couldn't get ahold of her at all by phone so I felt like something was up. We finally got ahold of the nurse's desk and they promptly told us to come down to see her because she wasn't doing well. I was informed by the nurse there that the pancreatic cancer is now taking over completely, and this is just what it does and that patients tend to just crash. She was able to mumble, and get a few words out, but the Nurse didn't expect her to be awake tomorrow. She was in very bad shape. I just ask for prayers from everyone, that she can go in peace, it be quick, and with the least pain possible, and finally be in a place of happiness.

Needless to say, to those who have PMd me and such, I appreciate all the care you guys have shown. Kind words keep me from falling apart.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Praying for her and you
Latrans
Are her dogs started in any particular sports/training, Rain?

I made two batches of dog biscuits today--one bacon-pea, and one batch carrot-apple. The dogs are most pleased.

Elsie is learning to do a handstand.

Home made doggy treats?
Would you be willing to share the recipes? smile

Invisible Citizen

User Image

I've spoken about Ellie before but never really showed any of you guys a picture of her, she's a pretty little girl.
Well she's not that little but I adore her none the less.
User Image

The picture quality is awful but I had to use my cellphone and it was bright. o:

Aged Hunter

Morphine Kiss
Bleh, guys,

Warm fuzzies incoming. I hope she passes peacefully. In the end that's all anyone can ask.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Latrans

I made two batches of dog biscuits today--one bacon-pea, and one batch carrot-apple. The dogs are most pleased.

I think Charmin (giant girl) is CH, all the Sires she uses are CH, I think of girl she has right now they are training to hunt.

Pups are started on some crate training before they leave, are kid friendly and cat friendly, are use to collars (since that is how they are marked when they start being asigned homes/male or female), are learning that grooming is fun, and how to not be hyper monsters on the grooming stand. Potty training is started before they go out, they have a yard that is split so they take them out into the one where the older dogs aren't.

If by some chance I stay in Michigan and move back down near them, I will be spending time there working with the adults. They know basics and are all fine when they have one on one time with people, but as a group you get mauled.

Her kids are suppose to help out with the poodles but once they hit the adult phase they start slacking on their chores, so I want to pitch in and help, even if it is just coming buy and taking a couple of the girls for walks. and if I do get into agility their place is big enough I could set up a fun course and work the dogs more. Who knows if I prove that I know what I am doing I could maybe get a pup/or mom for a little cheaper.

sorry for the rambling. And I know some of it can sound like she isn't a good breeder, she has cut down on what she is doing, and she just doesn't have the help that she needs. they are down to their last two horses, i think their last birmans have passed away, and so it is mostly just her grooming buisness and the poodles.

They are currently bottle feeding one of the new pups, since he isn't fighting enough to get milk from mum. and I know a few of the dogs are starting to get walked.

Lunatic

Shearaha
Ah, there are plenty of dogs around like that, the poor goobers. They just want to play and play and play and can't quite take a hint.

I can pronounce it alright, but it's just a lot of syllables for a pet's name. I told my mom and she'd apparently never heard of Shroedinger or his experiment before. I facepalmed, hard.

MlizGr
You're certainly welcome to, especially if you're anywhere around central/upstate New York.

Updates: Mom goes down and pets/holds Mr. Slinx in the morning, but by the time I get up he's hiding again. She says he'll start purring for her, which is good.
Dad won't leave the basement door closed, despite my mom telling him to in case Slinx might have something contagious. He hasn't been coming upstairs, and is still very much hiding, but the other cats have been going down and checking things out. I guess if they get sick he'll be the one paying the vet bill.
And I'm really hoping they can squeeze him into that clinic on monday. He's been too busy hiding to spray anything, but the house is still filling up with tomcat stink. Hoorf.

Devoted Inquisitor

alysalouise
Latrans

Home made doggy treats?
Would you be willing to share the recipes? smile

I don't measure ingredients, because I'm lazy, but basically, I take a bunch of rice flour (like 1.5-2 cups) and an egg, and for the bacon-pea ones, I added a 1/4 cup of bacon grease, a bit of water, and a bunch of peas. Then I mix it until it's doughy, and then roll it out really thin (like crackers) and cut it into 1/4 x 1/8 inch rectangles (for clicker training), and bake it at at 350 for like 18 minutes. The carrot and apple ones, chopped up a carrot and an apple, and boiled them for like 20 minutes, then drained them, and blended them. Then I added that to like 2 cups of rice flour, an egg and a little water (from the pot), and did the same thing.

We also make liver ones and stuff. For those I boil livers (and hearts and gizzards sometimes) until they're cooked through, then take the livers and other body parts and put them in a pyrex dish and slap that in the oven at like 275 for everrr, until they're chewy in texture. That way they can be chopped into training treats. I save the water from boiling them, and use that to flavor the biscuits (so flour, an egg, liver water, peas, sometimes a little yeast).

Devoted Inquisitor

Mistress of Rain

I think Charmin (giant girl) is CH, all the Sires she uses are CH, I think of girl she has right now they are training to hunt.

Pups are started on some crate training before they leave, are kid friendly and cat friendly, are use to collars (since that is how they are marked when they start being asigned homes/male or female), are learning that grooming is fun, and how to not be hyper monsters on the grooming stand. Potty training is started before they go out, they have a yard that is split so they take them out into the one where the older dogs aren't.

If by some chance I stay in Michigan and move back down near them, I will be spending time there working with the adults. They know basics and are all fine when they have one on one time with people, but as a group you get mauled.

Her kids are suppose to help out with the poodles but once they hit the adult phase they start slacking on their chores, so I want to pitch in and help, even if it is just coming buy and taking a couple of the girls for walks. and if I do get into agility their place is big enough I could set up a fun course and work the dogs more. Who knows if I prove that I know what I am doing I could maybe get a pup/or mom for a little cheaper.

sorry for the rambling. And I know some of it can sound like she isn't a good breeder, she has cut down on what she is doing, and she just doesn't have the help that she needs. they are down to their last two horses, i think their last birmans have passed away, and so it is mostly just her grooming buisness and the poodles.

They are currently bottle feeding one of the new pups, since he isn't fighting enough to get milk from mum. and I know a few of the dogs are starting to get walked.

I was just curious, because most places that sell adult dogs as well as puppies charge more for the adults, because they've been started. :] It doesn't sound like that's what she's doing though? This is more of a rehoming thing?

What kinds of birds do you/does one hunt with poodles? I literally know nothing about hunting--you can't hunt here, basically.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

I was just curious, because most places that sell adult dogs as well as puppies charge more for the adults, because they've been started. :] It doesn't sound like that's what she's doing though? This is more of a rehoming thing?

What kinds of birds do you/does one hunt with poodles? I literally know nothing about hunting--you can't hunt here, basically.

Poodles are from Germany originally, they are puddle dogs smile (actually i think in German that is what their names translates too)

So I would assume water fowl, since they are retrievers. But i'm not a hunter so i have never really looked into it.

And yeah for the adults it is more of a re-homing type thing. For the most part they are treated like pets, but because of personalities crashing they all can't live in the house. It use to be they were all crated except the "top" dogs while in the house and then they were allowed outside, but they re did the garage and made a kennel and so they have nice warm places to stretch out and an outdoor run, which can be opened and all of them can play in the dog yard at once. Or if she has to board a dog they can have a kennel and run to themselves with out having issues with the girls. But Sheryl doesn't have time to really do more than the basics, and as I said the kids can't really be bothered to help out... they live on a farm and had chickens for a while but they got ride of them because the kids refused to do their chores to have the fresh eggs and stuff.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Payton's health checks today were good! His knees and hips checked out clean [physical exam only, no xrays] and the vet said his knees look straight and have no looseness at all! YAY! No heartworms either, which is something I was paranoid about after such a warm winter.

Of course, as soon as we walked into the building he started crying, was shaking by the time we put him on the table. When the vet brought out a needle I commented that Payton would probably scream when it went in. The vet's like "Nah, he probably won't even feel it!" Needless to say I won that little bet. Payton screamed the whole time it was in, and when the tourniquet came off too... My dog really does not like the vet.

Devoted Inquisitor

Mistress of Rain
Latrans

Poodles are from Germany originally, they are puddle dogs smile (actually i think in German that is what their names translates too)

So I would assume water fowl, since they are retrievers. But i'm not a hunter so i have never really looked into it.

And yeah for the adults it is more of a re-homing type thing. For the most part they are treated like pets, but because of personalities crashing they all can't live in the house. It use to be they were all crated except the "top" dogs while in the house and then they were allowed outside, but they re did the garage and made a kennel and so they have nice warm places to stretch out and an outdoor run, which can be opened and all of them can play in the dog yard at once. Or if she has to board a dog they can have a kennel and run to themselves with out having issues with the girls. But Sheryl doesn't have time to really do more than the basics, and as I said the kids can't really be bothered to help out... they live on a farm and had chickens for a while but they got ride of them because the kids refused to do their chores to have the fresh eggs and stuff.

I'm familiar with their origin, it's just that you said they hunt with them. I was curious what they hunt. :]

And I see.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Latrans
Mistress of Rain
Latrans

I'm familiar with their origin, it's just that you said they hunt with them. I was curious what they hunt. :]

And I see.

I know Steve (her husband) hunts geese, deer, and i think duck, so she would probably learn to do geese and duck... perhaps grouse but i don't know.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

You can't hunt in California? =(
That's really unfortunate. California is such a great state geographically but they have all these silly laws...argh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff