Welcome to Gaia! ::

Latrans
Morphine Kiss
Moth Feathers
I dislike when I'm blocked for no reason.

I can understand if you want to block me if I somehow said something that you disagree with (though I only understand why you'd want to- not that I necessarily agree with it. I have never, ever blocked anyone- not on this site nor others- because I think it's best to work out issues rather than ignore them) but I recently posted on a thread asking how to stack dogs, since the OP was interested in showing, and got blocked. Lovely.
Don't feel alone, Mliz. ^^

You know if he's blocking regulars/or even the ever so often passerby for asking a question, can this really be considered an informational thread? He isn't sticking to the duty of what we've created in informational threads..

Perhaps we should talk to Kip and explain situation. Because informational threads are there to help people...

I bet if I went in and asked an honest question he'd just block me too. =/ I stay away from his thread because he refuses to accept any view but his own, and he asks for help to improve, ignores the people, and apparently now blocks them!

I think you should do that. I was blocked as well, and I'm wondering why. whee

In all seriousness, though--if you can't ask questions, it's not an informational thread.

Sent her the PM, I'm sure she's busy but hope she gets down to it. =(
I wouldn't even dare think of blocking someone in my rat thread (orhamster) who even had differing views or asked me more about my husbandry. Hell, when I had to keep my rats in 10G tanks--I was freaking honest. Stupidly honest about knowing I was doing it wrong and knew I had to upgrade. Even when I upgraded them, they weren't the biggest. Now they're happy in big cages though.
In fact i've been PMd before with people who had differing views, and i've been questioned in the thread too--like about just different types of food fed even. But I take it like a man and give my justification for what I do and tell them other accepted views, and so on...I've added a ton of info to my front page from people coming in and giving me ideas/telling me what they do for their furbabies.
But that's the thing, you as a thread owner are obligated to be honest, help people, answer every question possible, and so on and so forth. I think i'ev only ever blocked one person in there and it was mega spam reasons.
If you just want a place to talk about your pets? Make them a facebook, blog, or twitter. =/

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
If it helps, I love you guys. heart I don't think I can really be considered a reg, but more of a lurker but...

People on here:
Their general lack of accepting new information. I try to stay open minded with things and I think others should do the same, especially when we the information given works out better for the animal.
People you think its adorable that their animals bred-even if its an unsafe mix like say a chihuahua with a pit. (This is a real life one too.)
People who fly off the handle at small remarks and suddenly go on the defensive about their choices.
All these damn cats vs. dogs threads. Stop. Just stop.

People in real life:
People (especially relatives) he won't listen to me or my husband about dogs. Like, damnit, we know stuff and you should listen! Especially about breeding. There is nothing that feels worse than saving a bunch of dogs then having relatives add more the the population. Like really guys?
People who try to tell me misinformed s**t about dogs like that no one should ever own Dobermans (sp?) because their brains will swell with age and they will become aggressive.
People who tell me to ask an insurance agent about pit bulls. How about YOU ask a dog trainer? I'm sure they're way more informed on dog behavior on some guy whose trying to get you to spend ridiculous amounts of money to cover your a** for nothing (that is if the insurance would even accept a pit owner).
People who tell me that my dog is a wolf. Have you people even seen a wolf? He is not a damn wolf.

Thats all I got for now. That was a good rage.

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
~~

People who insult my buddies by calling them trolls or something of the like....I know it has nothing to do with pets and rather just people in this forum, but just because we can be blunt doesn't mean we're bad people. It means we're just that: Blunt. :/
It makes me sad. And the bad thing is that unlike all of the people actually being insulted, I can't just wave it off...Critism really gets to me for some reason. :c
Not that, if in my declawing thread, I had to defend myself, I would just break down. Heck no. I'd stand up. >:3

But, pet-related...basically everything that's been stated so far, really xD

~~

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
JosephineReally
If it helps, I love you guys. heart I don't think I can really be considered a reg, but more of a lurker but...

Actually, that status better fits me as well xD

Devoted Inquisitor

Morphine Kiss
Latrans
Morphine Kiss
Moth Feathers
I dislike when I'm blocked for no reason.

I can understand if you want to block me if I somehow said something that you disagree with (though I only understand why you'd want to- not that I necessarily agree with it. I have never, ever blocked anyone- not on this site nor others- because I think it's best to work out issues rather than ignore them) but I recently posted on a thread asking how to stack dogs, since the OP was interested in showing, and got blocked. Lovely.
Don't feel alone, Mliz. ^^

You know if he's blocking regulars/or even the ever so often passerby for asking a question, can this really be considered an informational thread? He isn't sticking to the duty of what we've created in informational threads..

Perhaps we should talk to Kip and explain situation. Because informational threads are there to help people...

I bet if I went in and asked an honest question he'd just block me too. =/ I stay away from his thread because he refuses to accept any view but his own, and he asks for help to improve, ignores the people, and apparently now blocks them!

I think you should do that. I was blocked as well, and I'm wondering why. whee

In all seriousness, though--if you can't ask questions, it's not an informational thread.

Sent her the PM, I'm sure she's busy but hope she gets down to it. =(
I wouldn't even dare think of blocking someone in my rat thread (orhamster) who even had differing views or asked me more about my husbandry. Hell, when I had to keep my rats in 10G tanks--I was freaking honest. Stupidly honest about knowing I was doing it wrong and knew I had to upgrade. Even when I upgraded them, they weren't the biggest. Now they're happy in big cages though.
In fact i've been PMd before with people who had differing views, and i've been questioned in the thread too--like about just different types of food fed even. But I take it like a man and give my justification for what I do and tell them other accepted views, and so on...I've added a ton of info to my front page from people coming in and giving me ideas/telling me what they do for their furbabies.
But that's the thing, you as a thread owner are obligated to be honest, help people, answer every question possible, and so on and so forth. I think i'ev only ever blocked one person in there and it was mega spam reasons.
If you just want a place to talk about your pets? Make them a facebook, blog, or twitter. =/

Edit: Modified to remove ranty stuff.

And that's my pet peeve: share your pet, what breed do you have, how many pets do you have, what pet do you like best, omg stop!

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
JosephineReally

People on here:
Their general lack of accepting new information. I try to stay open minded with things and I think others should do the same, especially when we the information given works out better for the animal.
People you think its adorable that their animals bred-even if its an unsafe mix like say a chihuahua with a pit. (This is a real life one too.)
People who fly off the handle at small remarks and suddenly go on the defensive about their choices.

People in real life:
People (especially relatives) he won't listen to me or my husband about dogs. Like, damnit, we know stuff and you should listen! Especially about breeding. There is nothing that feels worse than saving a bunch of dogs then having relatives add more the the population. Like really guys?
People who try to tell me misinformed s**t about dogs like that no one should ever own Dobermans (sp?) because their brains will swell with age and they will become aggressive.
People who tell me to ask an insurance agent about pit bulls. How about YOU ask a dog trainer? I'm sure they're way more informed on dog behavior on some guy whose trying to get you to spend ridiculous amounts of money to cover your a** for nothing (that is if the insurance would even accept a pit owner).
People who tell me that my dog is a wolf. Have you people even seen a wolf? He is not a damn wolf.

Psh, you're definitely a regular!
Anyone who posts intelligently and on a semi-frequent basis is a regular in my book. And you fit that criteria perfectly. =)

Do you have a picture of your dog that people call a wolf?

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Moth Feathers
JosephineReally

People on here:

People in real life:

Anyone who posts intelligently and on a semi-frequent basis is a regular in my book. And you fit that criteria perfectly. =)

Ahhh that makes me feel special.

I don't think I have one of him looking at the camera head on but heres one of the back of his head. I need to look through my pictures and upload a new one of him.

Ozzy looking away

I think even just looking at the back of his head you can tell he's not a wolf though.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
JosephineReally
Moth Feathers
JosephineReally

People on here:

People in real life:

I don't think I have one of him looking at the camera head on but heres one of the back of his head. I need to look through my pictures and upload a new one of him.

Ozzy looking away

I think even just looking at the back of his head you can tell he's not a wolf though.

Wow, he looks stunning! His fur just looks so soft...
Yeah, he looks too tawny and slender to be a wolf. More coyote-ish than anything, just on color.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Vegeta_Lover239
JosephineReally

Actually, that status better fits me as well xD

Nonsense, you both are on my list of regulars.

And goodness, I think I opened a can of worms with this thread.

Invisible Citizen

User Image

I was blocked by that complaining girl too and I didn't even say anything directly to her. pft.
Also the husky guy seems to ignore a lot of the 'regulars' so I just avoid him. :/

Anyhow what annoys me the most.. is well I'm not even really all that sure.
I get annoyed when someone doesn't know what kind of dog food they're feeding.
Actually usually they just say that because the brand is s**t and they know it.
Also people who don't want to learn or are 'fine' with feeding s**t quality food when they have the money to improve it.
People who go on and on about their pet and what they did that day and s**t.
I don't need a play-by-play of your pets life.
Oh and when someone decides to b***h (for no apparent reason) about a topic in this forum.

I could probably just keep going on about this s**t. l:

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally

Ozzy looking away

They call him a wolf? gonk

I shouldn't be surprised. People have asked if Elsie is a fox before.

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Moth Feathers
JosephineReally
Moth Feathers
JosephineReally

People on here:

People in real life:

Ozzy looking away

Wow, he looks stunning! His fur just looks so soft...
Yeah, he looks too tawny and slender to be a wolf. More coyote-ish than anything, just on color.
Aha! Found a better one!Ozzy

And thanks! Yeah his fur is amazing!! I just wish he wouldn't shed it so much. My vacuum can only handle so much of it!

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Latrans
JosephineReally

Ozzy looking away

Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

What really?? She doesn't look like a fox at all!!

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Morphine Kiss
What do pet owners do in this forum that bugs me?

Get butthurt over being told the honest truth, and then claim we're just being a troll/a**/stupid/know-it-all when in truth, they're got a huge complex and their s**t stinks as bad as the next person's.

Oh and when people post in the Forum all like "Yeah the regs are such total asses...blahblahblah -insert butthurt person here-" Which makes THEM just as bad as the Reg who gets angry when a person is blatantly abusing/neglecting their duties as a pet owner.

What do pet owners do in the real world That bugs me?

Well i'll just give my latest example. I was talking to my associate, Carl, who I clash with like no other. I told him about how i'd been sick all last week and hadn't been around to be pricing things or setting things up in the shop and i'm just utterly confused on what's what and who's who coming in. Then he ranted a bit on how he wasn't in last week either because he couldn't afford the gas to get to work. So I was just making conversation with him, I try to stay friendly with everyone, and we were talking about what we'd been up to and I was talking about Kitty and how she had a vet visit/ICU/Surgery that cost me well over 600 when all was said and done.
And you know what he says?
He says,
"If my pets get sick, they die. I don't have the money to do something. It's stupid to spend that kind of money on an animal" But I ignored it then he went on a 20 minute rant about his sister who spends 100 a month on a dog's medicine and yadda yadda.

So yeah, people who get pets, they get sick, and then they neglect them and let them die instead of spending the money to help them. =/

But don't you know that giving out good pet care information is provoking? Bah...

Okay, I have to admit, I don't understand people who try to use the "I am so broke I can't go to work" thing. How the hell do you not think of that? Getting to work is how you get more money to pay for things like rent and food, I'd think that would be pretty high up there on important things.

And not taking a pet to the vet... Just no.

Devoted Inquisitor

JosephineReally
Latrans
JosephineReally

Ozzy looking away

Yeah its been a stupid amount of people. One guy went so far as to say that he knew because Ozzy has an arrow marking above his tail. Huskies seem to have that so far as I've noticed.

What really?? She doesn't look like a fox at all!!

That's so weird.

Yeah, I know, I don't see it either.

She's also been called a chow, and a "really good looking GSD."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out