Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Mistress of Rain
terradi
Next vet visit is tomorrow. Trying to figure out who I need to bring. Maybe just Athena ... no one else looks sick. Vet was concerned about redness with Milo's gums but he was losing baby teeth. Think that's done now. Don't think his gums look bad ... though he flirted with the vet last time so I'm sure he wouldn't mind visiting again. Tig has been off-and-on congested but seems alright tonight. But either Milo or Tig has vomited a few times in the last couple of days.

if you have the space let them all go visit the vet?

Can do. I'll just need the push cart. Which I was planning on borrowing anyways. Milo and Tig can go together. And Athena by herself due to ringworm.

I just ... really wonder if I'm overreacting sometimes. Most people don't go to the vet every week. Am I paranoid or are my kittens really still in that poor health?

Though ... with Mr. Pants ... I guess maybe my sense of when to go to the vet is functioning right.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
terradi
Mistress of Rain
terradi
Next vet visit is tomorrow. Trying to figure out who I need to bring. Maybe just Athena ... no one else looks sick. Vet was concerned about redness with Milo's gums but he was losing baby teeth. Think that's done now. Don't think his gums look bad ... though he flirted with the vet last time so I'm sure he wouldn't mind visiting again. Tig has been off-and-on congested but seems alright tonight. But either Milo or Tig has vomited a few times in the last couple of days.

if you have the space let them all go visit the vet?

Can do. I'll just need the push cart. Which I was planning on borrowing anyways. Milo and Tig can go together. And Athena by herself due to ringworm.

I just ... really wonder if I'm overreacting sometimes. Most people don't go to the vet every week. Am I paranoid or are my kittens really still in that poor health?

Though ... with Mr. Pants ... I guess maybe my sense of when to go to the vet is functioning right.

It is always better to be safe, and since they are fosters you don't have to worry about the bill, and until you get use to kittens and all their little quirks of growing up I probably would be like you super paranoid.
The world has so much DETAIL!

I had an eye examination and wasn't to pleased with the results. 20/400 was my vision score. >.> Without being able to improve, 20/200 is legally blind. Without improvement 20/400 is.. blind. Who knew. o.O LUCKY FOR ME! My vision CAN be improved with glasses all the way up to 20/50.. Still illegal in my state to drive but thats okay!
I just never knew how.. Textured everything was. I certainly enjoy my pets WAY more and now enjoy just -seeing- them. =)

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
11 Cardinal 11

I had an eye examination and wasn't to pleased with the results. 20/400 was my vision score. >.> Without being able to improve, 20/200 is legally blind. Without improvement 20/400 is.. blind. Who knew. o.O LUCKY FOR ME! My vision CAN be improved with glasses all the way up to 20/50.. Still illegal in my state to drive but thats okay!
I just never knew how.. Textured everything was. I certainly enjoy my pets WAY more and now enjoy just -seeing- them. =)

That's how I felt when I first got glasses. I was like, "HOLY CRAP--I CAN SEEEEEE8D"

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
11 Cardinal 11

Congrats! Is there any particular reason why your vision is so bad (like, is it because of some medical condition?) or is it just the way it is?

So, even with wearing glasses, your state doesn't allow you to drive? Urgh, that would miff me so much.
Moth Feathers
11 Cardinal 11

Congrats! Is there any particular reason why your vision is so bad (like, is it because of some medical condition?) or is it just the way it is?

So, even with wearing glasses, your state doesn't allow you to drive? Urgh, that would miff me so much.

I was a premature birth by 2 months so I'm guessing it plays a part. I also has Nystagmus from being born immaturely. Its difficult for me to focus and my eyes shift a great deal side to side as they try for focus. I have a focus point which makes me tilt my head a bit and my right eye is much stronger than my left. My vision randomly blurred outs, becomes pixel'd.. I get terrible headaches from light sensitivity.. Darn you Nystagmus! Other than that.. I just blame getting the short genetic end of the stick or being born immaturely. My whole family has 20/20 save for myself. :l

Driving actually terrifies me. Since my left side is weaker I have this fear of objects rushing at me from that side because I have to turn my head to actually SEE them.. Its more like blurred shadows rushing. I can't even sit behind the driver side if I sit in the backseat of the car. Also, I have no depth perception or sense of speeds.. Huzzah! LOL. However, if I lived in almost any other state I could legally drive because most other states are 20/60-70 in order to drive... Not that anyone would even want me to drive. ^^;
I cried a bit when I learned I wouldn't be able to drive.. But.. I think I had already mostly expected it, it was just hearing someone else voice my own thoughts.
Vegeta_Lover239
11 Cardinal 11

That's how I felt when I first got glasses. I was like, "HOLY CRAP--I CAN SEEEEEE8D"

Haha! I bet so. =) The differences was amazing. I lift and replace my glasses pretty often for giggles "Blurry.. CLEAR! Blurry..CLEAR!" I think I get on peoples nerves a bit. >_>; My younger sister in law was came so close to playing Aladdin music when I put my glasses on for the first time. "A WHOLE NEW WWOORRLLDD!" It is a whole new world, everything looks completely different and I can not wait to go hiking this spring and really experience it. I saw a friend today whole works at a nature preserve... I was talking to him about it and he told me. "Birds, I know you'll really like birds, I could watch them all day." I can't wait to see birds! Lol

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
11 Cardinal 11
Vegeta_Lover239
11 Cardinal 11

Haha! I bet so. =) The differences was amazing. I lift and replace my glasses pretty often for giggles "Blurry.. CLEAR! Blurry..CLEAR!" I think I get on peoples nerves a bit. >_>; My younger sister in law was came so close to playing Aladdin music when I put my glasses on for the first time. "A WHOLE NEW WWOORRLLDD!" It is a whole new world, everything looks completely different and I can not wait to go hiking this spring and really experience it. I saw a friend today whole works at a nature preserve... I was talking to him about it and he told me. "Birds, I know you'll really like birds, I could watch them all day." I can't wait to see birds! Lol

Whoop! xD
and ikr? I was actually looking at the Christmas tree this christmas and I was like, "Wow...without my glasses it looks ALL BLURRY @_@"
Mistress of Rain
DeeSpark

Also, it just occurred to me that I can and have given pretty decent advice to people on training their dogs, and it's worked. Yet I don't even follow my methods, and I have crazy nutter dogs. Oh well....
And Sparky is being mean to me. I have this thing for pigs, and don't want to eat them, and don't really want to buy it for the dogs (pig meat). But what is Sparky's most favorite treat? Ham. Leash training tonight SUCKED. Until he was receiving ham as rewards. Ham is also very slimy to hold. I'm sure that adds to the amazing taste for him rolleyes On the bright side, he is now turning with me reliably when I say "lets go!", and heeling, both things I really want for when we need to escape off leash dogs.

Hehe, I just joined a poodle forum, admitted I currently don't have dogs, but I have been learning a lot and hope to help out...

What is fun is i clicked "Poodle Food" section (talking about dog food) there was one sticky....it was for a raw diet... it made me happy.

And you know animals they are like children of course they are going to like what you don't want them too XD.

That's great! Always good when a forum is into raw feeding lol. I am on some australian dog forum, and they just confuse me. Some are really into all raw or grainless foods etc, yet most seem to feed a crappy kibble (not super crap like pedigree, just sort of ok foods that are verging on crap lol), but then they also feed a lot of raw food, like almost every day... Usually people would feed a really good kibble with raw if they were feeding kibble, not these guys haha

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
DeeSpark
Mistress of Rain
DeeSpark

Also, it just occurred to me that I can and have given pretty decent advice to people on training their dogs, and it's worked. Yet I don't even follow my methods, and I have crazy nutter dogs. Oh well....
And Sparky is being mean to me. I have this thing for pigs, and don't want to eat them, and don't really want to buy it for the dogs (pig meat). But what is Sparky's most favorite treat? Ham. Leash training tonight SUCKED. Until he was receiving ham as rewards. Ham is also very slimy to hold. I'm sure that adds to the amazing taste for him rolleyes On the bright side, he is now turning with me reliably when I say "lets go!", and heeling, both things I really want for when we need to escape off leash dogs.

Hehe, I just joined a poodle forum, admitted I currently don't have dogs, but I have been learning a lot and hope to help out...

What is fun is i clicked "Poodle Food" section (talking about dog food) there was one sticky....it was for a raw diet... it made me happy.

And you know animals they are like children of course they are going to like what you don't want them too XD.

That's great! Always good when a forum is into raw feeding lol. I am on some australian dog forum, and they just confuse me. Some are really into all raw or grainless foods etc, yet most seem to feed a crappy kibble (not super crap like pedigree, just sort of ok foods that are verging on crap lol), but then they also feed a lot of raw food, like almost every day... Usually people would feed a really good kibble with raw if they were feeding kibble, not these guys haha

Can I blame it on you guys being down under <.<

lol
Mistress of Rain
DeeSpark
Mistress of Rain
DeeSpark

Can I blame it on you guys being down under <.<

lol

xd hey come on! We can be a very civilized species just like you guys... Every so often.

Let the chickens out into our bit of the yard ( we only have about a third of the yard, the rest is chicken land) because Suzy, the one with the most personality was eyeing off the open gate when I went into their yard. So let them out, and they all just crowd around one tree in the corner. They have a thing for trees and bushes in corners...

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Mistress of Rain
It is always better to be safe, and since they are fosters you don't have to worry about the bill, and until you get use to kittens and all their little quirks of growing up I probably would be like you super paranoid.

sweatdrop My group is badly strapped for cash. Vet bills have been mine to cover since I got the fosters. I haven't been keeping careful track of exactly what I've spent on vaccinations, spays, and neuters, along with other medicines, but it has been a pretty big sum. Originally I was supposed to get money back, but I really don't see it happening at this point.
The vet is pretty reasonable though. People bring their pets to the vet a lot and I think I pay more in transportation to and from the vet's office than I've paid for actual services the vet provides.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
11 Cardinal 11

Haha! I always forget how much detail the world has between new glasses. Like, the first time I got glasses I just looked at trees the whole way home [my mom was driving thank goodness!] There are actually leaves on those buggers! And clouds! They're simply amazing!
Personally, I don't like wearing my glasses... They restrict my vision so much... The blurry peripheal (sp?) just drives me batty...

I stick to contacts.

The difference between visual aids and seeing naturally is phenomenal, though; I feel disoriented with nothing, and what little depth perception I have normally goes out the window (and yet on glasses-days I'll just go without them when possible, just because I'm not used to the pressure and weight so I get headaches).

I also have light sensitivity issues... driving in the dark is a nightmare, because I get blinded by the lights coming at me and blinded by the ones in my mirrors, so I'm that driver everybody hates going 90 in the 100 (or 100 in the 110 - I think this one pisses people off more) zone.

Lunatic

11 Cardinal 11

User Image
~I could wait a thousand hours...
...Stay the same in sun and showers~

I remember when I first got my glasses.
If you have any forests nearby, you're going to want to check that out. It nearly overloaded my brain.
I was walking around amazed by everything like some sort of stoner.

~Pick apart a hundred flowers...
...Just to be quiet~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas