Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Citizen

Rauhiss
Congratulations on finding homes for your babies Charmant.
A lot of people have a hard time giving up an animal.
I feel that if someone can't dedicate themselves 130% to an animal, because they don't have the time or the money or they've decided it's just not the creature they thought it would be or for whatever other reason, and there are people out there that can/will, then it's in the animal's best interest to be with that other person, however the original owner feels about giving the animal up. Loving an animal means doing what's best for them, even if it means giving them up.
A LOT of people don't seem able to understand that. I'm glad to see that there are people who do.
I'm sure the critters will have very long, happy lives with their new families, and it's great to see people prioritizing the best interests of their animals over their own feelings. It's rough now, letting them go, but if they're going to be happier and spoiled rotten in their new home then that's what's important.
Besides, you can check in from time to time, call and ask how they're doing, right?

Well with the Gecko's it was a 'oh hey, I forget about them; do you want them?' and I agreed.
I upgraded them to a bigger home, fed them how they should be, provided them with all they need.
I would never personally go out and get them (not much of a small lizard fan) but they needed a better home so I took them in.

With the degu I have everything I need for him, besides a life-long buddy which is something they do need.
So I did mention in the advertisement I'd prefer adopting a young male so hopefully someone is willing to adopt theirs out to me. ;c

I can financially care for both but I'd prefer someone who loves reptiles to own the gecko's compared to me, I just feel 'neutral' about it.
With the degu it's more a 'his needs' over 'my wants'.

Anyhow I could, or I could email them. All depends on if it would be long-distance calling or not. c:

Bog Lord's Wife

Ruthless Hoarder

Prince Charmant
~Michiko Mint~
I wish you lived close enough to me that I could adopt your Cresties gonk
Go meet up with Henrika and send her home with them!!

It seems like a lot of people are off to a bad year so far ._. I hope things turn around for everyone! heart

Well I've put up on the advertisements I wasn't in desperate need of adopting them out, I definitely don't want people thinking I'm giving them to anyone. ;c
I just want them to find a good home for them, I've already started worrying over my decisions with the female degus I adopted out yesterday. D;

She's about an hour and a half away from me actually, maybe closer to 2 hours.
I don't even know if she's interested in them, I don't believe so but I could be wrong. (x

My year began extremely and within a few days it just went from great to absolute s**t with my personal life at least. .-.
Hahah, I know she's not but when she comes to me she could bring them xp
I know it's too far to work, I was mostly kidding :3 (mostly)

Aww, your year isn't going great either? What's with that!?

Lunatic

Prince Charmant
Sounds like you're taking good care of them, but a "these are my lizzard-babies aren't they the cutest I can't help but spoil them rotten just lookit those little lizzardfeets dawwww" home would probably be better for them than a "they're okay, they get all the stuff they need to be healthy/happy, but they're kinda' meh as pets" home.

So with the Degu you're more looking to take one in and have two to look after than rehome the one you've got, but not ruling out doing what you have to for him to be happiest. Well, maybe some poor boy whose family doesn't care for him much will luck out, win the degu-lottery.

You could send them birthday/homeday cards.
And if things with the new owners don't work out for whatever reason then they'll know that you care enough to take the animals back rather than just dumping them in a shelter or pet store or some-such.

Invisible Citizen

~Michiko Mint~

I didn't know she was doing that. ;D Now I know your plans and will creepily stalk her to your place. (;

Well it seemed to be going just dandy and then I started dating a guy who turned out to be nothing like he was when we weren't together.
Then he had the nerve to call me immature after what he did to me and just it's so much bull s**t. .-.

Rauhiss

That's exactly how I feel about it. I mean I adore my rats, I love them to pieces and I want someone to feel like this with the gecko's and degu if I can't find a second boy.

Anyhow that's pretty much it. c: I mean if someone has a lonely one and wants to keep it I will adopt mine out to them.
I do love him and would love to keep him but whatever is best for him is what he's going to get.

I tell everyone that I'm more than willing to take them back if there are problems.
Especially with the degus as they're prone to diabetes in later years. o:
Prince Charmant

I think it's good that you can rehome a pet for better of the pet. If someone loves a pet, but isn't really suited to them and don't really want it, then it is best to give the pet to somebody who will want to dedicate more time and love into the pet.
I actually felt similar about my guinea pigs at one point, only I know there is no one in my area who would be likely to look after them how I would want, so I had to move on. Luckily I did end up getting more attached to them though. (everyone in my area thinks guinea pigs belong outside and can breed and have 50 billion babies. It's safer if the piggies stay with me)

Invisible Citizen

DeeSpark
I think it's good that you can rehome a pet for better of the pet. If someone loves a pet, but isn't really suited to them and don't really want it, then it is best to give the pet to somebody who will want to dedicate more time and love into the pet.
I actually felt similar about my guinea pigs at one point, only I know there is no one in my area who would be likely to look after them how I would want, so I had to move on. Luckily I did end up getting more attached to them though. (everyone in my area thinks guinea pigs belong outside and can breed and have 50 billion babies. It's safer if the piggies stay with me)

Exactly how I feel about it but at the end of the day I also feel like I've somewhat abandoned them.
It is still better to adopt them out though then just keep them and feel 'neutral' about their existence.

The only problem I have with my two piggies is the fact I can't cut their nails alone. :c
My father also refuses to help me every time I ask so sometimes they get way too long and then I feel awful but I can't hold them still and cut. .-.
I like them though, even if they pee on my blankets. I just wish cutting their nails was something I could do alone.
Prince Charmant
DeeSpark

Exactly how I feel about it but at the end of the day I also feel like I've somewhat abandoned them.
It is still better to adopt them out though then just keep them and feel 'neutral' about their existence.

The only problem I have with my two piggies is the fact I can't cut their nails alone. :c
My father also refuses to help me every time I ask so sometimes they get way too long and then I feel awful but I can't hold them still and cut. .-.
I like them though, even if they pee on my blankets. I just wish cutting their nails was something I could do alone.

I can do mine alone, they are very good about having nails trimmed. Bath time with Winmar though.... ouch.
Prince Charmant
~Michiko Mint~

I didn't know she was doing that. ;D Now I know your plans and will creepily stalk her to your place. (;

Well it seemed to be going just dandy and then I started dating a guy who turned out to be nothing like he was when we weren't together.
Then he had the nerve to call me immature after what he did to me and just it's so much bull s**t. .-.
Haha yeah I'm going home in may, to BC where Michiko-Mint lives. Unfortunately, I'm fairly sure I would not be allowed to take them on the airplane. They won't even let me take my ferret, and they said no to my vet who needed to transport a rescue (baby) alligator for the SPCA. He's never had any luck flying his reptiles and was ranting about how airlines are so biased against anything that's not a cat or dog.

Also, I don't know if its possible to get battery powered heating lamps etc, but when I flew Rolo in cargo (had to arrange it separate) I was told the temp would be between 5-15degrees celcius, which is probably too low for geckos.

And then of course I flew in in january, and the temp on the ground in ontario was -20celcius. Plush windchill. I swear he arrived on the coldest day of the year poor thing.
~Michiko Mint~
Unrelated, but WildStreak Savannahs is using one of galaxy's babies as a therapy/ comfort cat and takes her to visit seniors homes all the time~

Cooper is still awesome of course, but they should have done more to socialize him and walk him etc. He would have been amazing at agility.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Most of the seniors either aren't allowed to have pets where they live, or they physically can't care for them so it's really sweet that they take her to visits all the time. Apparently they take some of their other cats too, but Luna is the best with the seniors.

EDIT: WOW I'm sorry that picture is HUGE.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
So I just saw a very disturbing and disgusting picture of Animal abuse. And really the only thing I can think of that happened to the poor GSD/mix is to have it put to sleep...

My friend that breeds poodles posted it and it was the FIRST thing on my facebook. Some kids put fire crackers in a dog's mouth and made it so he/she couldn't open its mouth. the poor dear is missing the complete upper half of its muzzle to the base... almost took one of it's eyes. some of its lower jaw is gone tongue looks like it is melted....

Make it worse...the dog walked around a week like that. but good news....it wasn't in the US....

Edit: just type into the search "Dog face blown off by kids" and a whole bunch of stuff on the dog comes up. don't know if this is old news or not it is the first i am hearing about it.

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
Mistress of Rain
So I just saw a very disturbing and disgusting picture of Animal abuse. And really the only thing I can think of that happened to the poor GSD/mix is to have it put to sleep...

My friend that breeds poodles posted it and it was the FIRST thing on my facebook. Some kids put fire crackers in a dog's mouth and made it so he/she couldn't open its mouth. the poor dear is missing the complete upper half of its muzzle to the base... almost took one of it's eyes. some of its lower jaw is gone tongue looks like it is melted....

Make it worse... the dog wasn't even full grown yet... (out of the cute puppy phase but still a pup)

I want to go kill children now after seeing that picture... if anyone wants to see the picture I will do it through pm because it is ******** graphic to the point that I was hungry... but I'm not any more.

My first thought at "disturbing and disgusting picture of animal abuse" was PETA, but...
I don't even have to see the picture and I can imagine it perfectly in my head...That's just plain sick...

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Vegeta_Lover239
Mistress of Rain

Make it worse... the dog wasn't even full grown yet... (out of the cute puppy phase but still a pup)

I want to go kill children now after seeing that picture... if anyone wants to see the picture I will do it through pm because it is ******** graphic to the point that I was hungry... but I'm not any more.

My first thought at "disturbing and disgusting picture of animal abuse" was PETA, but...
I don't even have to see the picture and I can imagine it perfectly in my head...That's just plain sick...

Apparently there is a petition going around to urge the government of where this happened to create laws protecting animals from abuse and to try and catch the drunk youths that did this.

Sadly (or maybe I should be happy) I don't think PETA could stoop to this level of abuse and and live with themselves... (I would at least think they would do it and then kill the animal, not let it wander the streets....)

I doubt they will catch the kids, all I am thankful for is that the poor dog isn't suffering anymore and gets to go play on the other side of the rainbow with a full face and loving friends.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Henrika

Kitty made me smile, thank you.

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
Mistress of Rain
Vegeta_Lover239
Mistress of Rain

Apparently there is a petition going around to urge the government of where this happened to create laws protecting animals from abuse and to try and catch the drunk youths that did this.

Sadly (or maybe I should be happy) I don't think PETA could stoop to this level of abuse and and live with themselves... (I would at least think they would do it and then kill the animal, not let it wander the streets....)

I doubt they will catch the kids, all I am thankful for is that the poor dog isn't suffering anymore and gets to go play on the other side of the rainbow with a full face and loving friends.

Ugh...I guess I can understand they were drunk when they did it...doesn't stop me from wanting to kick them all where it hurts hoping they get what's coming to them.

I would like to think PETA at least had 1% of a heart...

Yeah. At least he can be in peace now...

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Vegeta_Lover239
Mistress of Rain
Vegeta_Lover239
Mistress of Rain

Ugh...I guess I can understand they were drunk when they did it...doesn't stop me from wanting to kick them all where it hurts hoping they get what's coming to them.

I would like to think PETA at least had 1% of a heart...

Yeah. At least he can be in peace now...

Other than the people going "s**t happens"

Many others either want to ducktape fire crackers to the boys face (though for humans i think it would kill us with how our heads are formed) or to their smaller heads <.<

think I'm up for that latter one since those types of people shouldn't reproduce.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff