Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Okay ladies and gentlemen, I got a PM from one of our wonderful mods. The basic gist was that while threads like this normally aren't allowed there isn't actually a rule against it in the Pets! forum, and since we've done a pretty good job keeping on the topic of pets we're being allowed to keep this thread! Go us!

So yeah, just keep doing what we're doing I guess?

Wonderful artwork of some of our regular's pets done by Mircheese!
User Image

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
hmmm what bugs me the most... that is a really hard question.

I guess right now it is just the
"what are you feeding?"

"I feed {insert animal here} food for my {insert same animal here}"

"REALLY! I never would of guessed that you feed hamster food to your hamster.... I must of figure you were feeding them dog food."

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Mistress of Rain

"what are you feeding?"

"REALLY! I never would of guessed that you feed hamster food to your hamster.... I must of figure you were feeding them dog food."

And then they get mad at you because CLEARLY dry dog food should be all of the information you should need to be able to help them! You're simply being difficult by suggesting a different type of dog food, who cares if it has different ingredients!

Sparkly Gekko

7,225 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Put their pets low on the priority list. An example: cat needs medical care, seriously congested, instead of taking her to a vet, money is spent on cigarettes, cable bill, alcohol, weed, and gas. Same with getting cats spayed, i was told "when i get my tax refund they are both getting spayed", money comes, and it is spent on a ps3, a guitar, more weed, more booze, ect....
They no longer have pets, they dumped em off at a farm somewhere before they moved to texas......

People who let their cats outside.

People who let their cats and dogs breed because "insert numerous bullshit reasons here".

People who get pets and not do a bit of research, someone posted a russian tortoise and set up for sale on the washington d.c. craigslist and put that they feed it "romaine lettuce and green beans"

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
MlizGr
Mistress of Rain

"what are you feeding?"

And then they get mad at you because CLEARLY dry dog food should be all of the information you should need to be able to help them! You're simply being difficult by suggesting a different type of dog food, who cares if it has different ingredients!

Yep... this is probably just going to turn into a ran thread. and people are going to get butt hurt.

That annoys me, and so does just getting defensive when we do ask for more information about the animal's situation and think that we are trying to find their deepest darkest secrets.

And I think I know some one that is ruder than me.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
I dislike when I'm blocked for no reason.

I can understand if you want to block me if I somehow said something that you disagree with (though I only understand why you'd want to- not that I necessarily agree with it. I have never, ever blocked anyone- not on this site nor others- because I think it's best to work out issues rather than ignore them) but I recently posted on a thread asking how to stack dogs, since the OP was interested in showing, and got blocked. Lovely.
Don't feel alone, Mliz. ^^
What do pet owners do in this forum that bugs me?

Get butthurt over being told the honest truth, and then claim we're just being a troll/a**/stupid/know-it-all when in truth, they're got a huge complex and their s**t stinks as bad as the next person's.

Oh and when people post in the Forum all like "Yeah the regs are such total asses...blahblahblah -insert butthurt person here-" Which makes THEM just as bad as the Reg who gets angry when a person is blatantly abusing/neglecting their duties as a pet owner.

What do pet owners do in the real world That bugs me?

Well i'll just give my latest example. I was talking to my associate, Carl, who I clash with like no other. I told him about how i'd been sick all last week and hadn't been around to be pricing things or setting things up in the shop and i'm just utterly confused on what's what and who's who coming in. Then he ranted a bit on how he wasn't in last week either because he couldn't afford the gas to get to work. So I was just making conversation with him, I try to stay friendly with everyone, and we were talking about what we'd been up to and I was talking about Kitty and how she had a vet visit/ICU/Surgery that cost me well over 600 when all was said and done.
And you know what he says?
He says,
"If my pets get sick, they die. I don't have the money to do something. It's stupid to spend that kind of money on an animal" But I ignored it then he went on a 20 minute rant about his sister who spends 100 a month on a dog's medicine and yadda yadda.

So yeah, people who get pets, they get sick, and then they neglect them and let them die instead of spending the money to help them. =/

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Moth Feathers

I can understand if you want to block me if I somehow said something that you disagree with (though I only understand why you'd want to- not that I necessarily agree with it. I have never, ever blocked anyone- not on this site nor others- because I think it's best to work out issues rather than ignore them) but I recently posted on a thread asking how to stack dogs, since the OP was interested in showing, and got blocked. Lovely.

don't worry I got blocked with just saying he should answer questions not twitter about his puppies....

I think I got ignored by someone for Standing up for you... and the other ones are just kind of bs ones i think

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
Moth Feathers

Did it to you too huh? Pretty soon the fool isn't going to have anyone posting on his threads...

I also dislike ignoring, and generally have only used it in cases of someone who is simply spamming or advertising constantly.
Moth Feathers

You know if he's blocking regulars/or even the ever so often passerby for asking a question, can this really be considered an informational thread? He isn't sticking to the duty of what we've created in informational threads..

Perhaps we should talk to Kip and explain situation. Because informational threads are there to help people...

I bet if I went in and asked an honest question he'd just block me too. =/ I stay away from his thread because he refuses to accept any view but his own, and he asks for help to improve, ignores the people, and apparently now blocks them!

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Morphine Kiss

Get butthurt over being told the honest truth, and then claim we're just being a troll/a**/stupid/know-it-all when in truth, they're got a huge complex and their s**t stinks as bad as the next person's.

Oh and when people post in the Forum all like "Yeah the regs are such total asses...blahblahblah -insert butthurt person here-" Which makes THEM just as bad as the Reg who gets angry when a person is blatantly abusing/neglecting their duties as a pet owner.

Well i'll just give my latest example. I was talking to my associate, Carl, who I clash with like no other. I told him about how i'd been sick all last week and hadn't been around to be pricing things or setting things up in the shop and i'm just utterly confused on what's what and who's who coming in. Then he ranted a bit on how he wasn't in last week either because he couldn't afford the gas to get to work. So I was just making conversation with him, I try to stay friendly with everyone, and we were talking about what we'd been up to and I was talking about Kitty and how she had a vet visit/ICU/Surgery that cost me well over 600 when all was said and done.
He says,
"If my pets get sick, they die. I don't have the money to do something. It's stupid to spend that kind of money on an animal" But I ignored it then he went on a 20 minute rant about his sister who spends 100 a month on a dog's medicine and yadda yadda.

So yeah, people who get pets, they get sick, and then they neglect them and let them die instead of spending the money to help them. =/

OMG I think I would of hauled of and Punched him in the face and then go on my own rant.... I made an enemy of a Brother in my fraternity that way, when the hamster broke its back and my other Brother wanted to take it to the vet as soon as she could. Teh enemy just "go buy a new one" and I raged at her. Also almost lost another friend when my boys first got a little runny nose since there are no small animal vets around here.
I'm sending Kip a PM right now about you know who. I urge others to do the same. =/
I don't think that kind of thread deserves a status of informational/helpful what so ever.

Devoted Inquisitor

Morphine Kiss
Moth Feathers

You know if he's blocking regulars/or even the ever so often passerby for asking a question, can this really be considered an informational thread? He isn't sticking to the duty of what we've created in informational threads..

Perhaps we should talk to Kip and explain situation. Because informational threads are there to help people...

I bet if I went in and asked an honest question he'd just block me too. =/ I stay away from his thread because he refuses to accept any view but his own, and he asks for help to improve, ignores the people, and apparently now blocks them!

I think you should do that. I was blocked as well, and I'm wondering why. whee

In all seriousness, though--if you can't ask questions, it's not an informational thread.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
MlizGr
Moth Feathers

Did it to you too huh? Pretty soon the fool isn't going to have anyone posting on his threads...

I also dislike ignoring, and generally have only used it in cases of someone who is simply spamming or advertising constantly.

Yeah, the only case I might ever block someone is for spamming. It makes the thread look bad, especially if it's on the front page... if only you could delete posts on your own thread.
Mistress of Rain
Morphine Kiss

He says,

OMG I think I would of hauled of and Punched him in the face and then go on my own rant.... I made an enemy of a Brother in my fraternity that way, when the hamster broke its back and my other Brother wanted to take it to the vet as soon as she could. Teh enemy just "go buy a new one" and I raged at her. Also almost lost another friend when my boys first got a little runny nose since there are no small animal vets around here.

He'd probably burst into dust if I punched him.

Oh god and later, he asked about my parents and you know honestly he and my parents, similar in many qualities but because of the old hippy days. And he has asked MANY times if I had a dad, and how he passed away after I say he passed away. And THIS time he had the audacity, after I said "No dad committed suicide last year..." to actually say "Well ask your Mom out for me" I did tell mom, and after I said he had no teeth and refuses to wear dentures she said "EW!!" haha

But yeah, I was pretty upset. but it's like, there's some people you can tell them things all day long and they won't listen. Heck, I don't have kids, these pets are basically my kids. People spend oodles of money on children so why can't I spend it on pets? xD

I don't blame you for getting upset at those people, what so ever. -This- is why I just put a big focus on my pets/college/schoolwork/family right now. Not a huge social life but I figure later, i'll have plenty of time to deal with stupid people. xD And I do know the friends I have right now are true friends, even if we never have time to do anything. xD So that's a big bonus, seeing who sticks with you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff