Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Prince Charmant
Mistress of Rain
And males I would assume that it wouldn't be to hard to kind of over ride his other head and go "NO fun times for you!" Though I probably wouldn't take him to a dog park... that I know would just be asking for trouble if some idiot though to bring an intact...in heat female. I think I would have to kill the person and then take their dog to the vet. My boy isn't going to have any fooling around unless I approve of his one night stand.

yes... and i have seen of how the white girls that my friend has will go in and get cleaned up... and then like a week later they look dirty again ><

The black poodles and the one brown she has all look really nice 100% of the time even when it is time for a clipping smile she just got one GORGOUS little apricot girl from this last litter... one of Shimmer's sisters. I know out of Pudding's last litter she had actually given birth to a RED girl (to their knowledge she wasn't suppose to produce reds).....she (Puddin') accidentally rolled on it and killed it....

Ah, well I don't take either of my dog to dog parks. I don't even bring them into pet shops due to my father having a fear of fleas coming into the house.
We definitely don't want to treat our whole house and all the animals, especially considering the fact we can't afford advantage right now.
Well I'm sure we could but you know we'd rather not have to spend a good $150+ to treat all the pets. D;
If someone brings an intact female to a dog park they really are idiots. l:

I'm lucky, with my dogs I rarely have to clean them. I would hate having to clean them every week or two. :c
How many white poodles does she have?

Have any pictures? ♥ Puppy pictures are always so adorable.
That's a bit upsetting she accidentally killed it, it happens though. .-.

*goes to count*

Well I thought she had more... but currently she has 3 white, 5 black girls, and one brown girl.

Will post more later... running home right now, so give me a couple of minutes and I will post her site... though other than the Poodle Moms the rest of it needs updating. but has all the current, retired and to be mothers on there...but i will tell you about them when I post the site with pics.

Invisible Citizen

Mistress of Rain
*goes to count*

Well I thought she had more... but currently she has 3 white, 5 black girls, and one brown girl.

Will post more later... running home right now, so give me a couple of minutes and I will post her site... though other than the Poodle Moms the rest of it needs updating. but has all the current, retired and to be mothers on there...but i will tell you about them when I post the site with pics.

That's not too many. o: It still would take awhile to clean/bathe them all though. ;c

Anyhow alright, I can't wait to see. ♥ I think I've viewed her website before, at least the name of her one poodle rings a bell. c:
Oh gosh guys.
Just got a text from my sister in law saying:
"Can you take Sugar Gliders? Pet Store here has sick ones and Leigh (Owner) Is not taking care of them"

boy oh boy...

And she just replied and said;

"they are Shaky, and only being fed Applesauce and Yogurt, and only come out during the day to eat"

Ayayay, as if I need more pets. Project wise I have the time now that the Chinchillas (Momma/Babies) are gone and I'm not doing any significant breeding right now.

So guys;
Do people ever do the spur of the moment "Can you take this" on you?

I'd start a topic on this but, I guess i'd rather just keep it to this thread o.o Everyone I like hearing from is here anyhow xD

Invisible Citizen

Morphine Kiss

So will you be taking them or are you thinking about it? o:
I got this a couple weeks ago:
'Hey Kenz we have 2 male guinea pigs that we are planning on giving away. I have about 3 or 4 different people on my list to call.
One has already said no. I texted Taylor to ask you and then realized I could facebook you. Do you want them?
They come with everything. Food, cage, dome, shavings. We just have too many animals. I know that you have way more, but you always have had way more. Let me know K?'

Of course I said I'd take them, turns out the cage is too small and the food they were feeding was garbage. :/
So now I have to get them a new cage as well as feed them quite expensive food (5lbs is $25 D;) until we can get the mazuri food within a month ish.
They also aren't as socialized as I was told they were and they're just overall very skittish.
Prince Charmant
Morphine Kiss

So will you be taking them or are you thinking about it? o:
I got this a couple weeks ago:
'Hey Kenz we have 2 male guinea pigs that we are planning on giving away. I have about 3 or 4 different people on my list to call.
One has already said no. I texted Taylor to ask you and then realized I could facebook you. Do you want them?
They come with everything. Food, cage, dome, shavings. We just have too many animals. I know that you have way more, but you always have had way more. Let me know K?'

Of course I said I'd take them, turns out the cage is too small and the food they were feeding was garbage. :/
So now I have to get them a new cage as well as feed them quite expensive food (5lbs is $25 D;) until we can get the mazuri food within a month ish.
They also aren't as socialized as I was told they were and they're just overall very skittish.

Just to my experience guinea pigs are fairly skittish, at least until they're out of the cage/in your lap. But once they're on the floor it's skittish all over again haha. I HAVE seen some really well trained ones before though.

I think guinea pigs are the only thing I wouldn't take in at this point. And only because I break out so bad when I touch them now. xD Love how cute they are but, breaking out...not fun. Oh and the cleanup! Are you gonna do a C&C Cage? Or just find a big a** cage?

But my God why is it so expensive! Jeesh. We sell a fairly decent GP food at the shop for 1.29 a lb. And we'll order in bulk for anyone, just charge 5$ over our price. So like, example lol, my Rat blocks are 50 lbs of Mazuri, I buy it for 25, we'd just charge someone else 30.

I think I will be taking them. I told her I am not giving any money to the store for it because I refuse to support that. I just need to get a cage in short notice among other things xD I guess they have "Munchkin Cats" that aren't being taken care of so she's working on taking those as well. The cats are emaciated pretty much.
And, I do remember seeing a full grown Oscar in a 10G last time I was there. Felt awful for it. Not to mention she feeds the iguanas frozen vegetables out of a bag instead of taking the time to find fresh vegetables and prepare them =/
Latrans
Eizoryu
Oohh... Shearaha's gotta good point there. Last thing we need is to get taken down. D:

So I'ma just shoot this out to everyone to see what y'all think.
Ever heard of "push" training? Supposed to be tied in to energy and the like, and I would like to think it works in many cases; I was reading about it in NaturalDog mag at work.

Honestly, reading that, it seems full of jargon and not a lot of substance. I still don't know what they're actually talking about, since they don't explain it. To me, it looks like useless fluff.
I'm not 100% sure what all it's about either. My inner feng-shui/chi-indulgent self thought it was interesting.
I admit I kinda dig the whole energy thing in general, that things in life give off positive and negative energy, and that sometimes a block in one's own chi manifests as physical pain like aches and cramps, as well as semi-subscribing to the school of thought pertaining to energy and how it can affect dogs in human/dog relationships. I blame my alternative-medicine/holistic-method aunt on Mom's side for the influence. x3

I would like to think it could work, once one knows what they're on about.

Invisible Citizen

Morphine Kiss
Just to my experience guinea pigs are fairly skittish, at least until they're out of the cage/in your lap. But once they're on the floor it's skittish all over again haha. I HAVE seen some really well trained ones before though.

I think guinea pigs are the only thing I wouldn't take in at this point. And only because I break out so bad when I touch them now. xD Love how cute they are but, breaking out...not fun. Oh and the cleanup! Are you gonna do a C&C Cage? Or just find a big a** cage?

But my God why is it so expensive! Jeesh. We sell a fairly decent GP food at the shop for 1.29 a lb. And we'll order in bulk for anyone, just charge 5$ over our price. So like, example lol, my Rat blocks are 50 lbs of Mazuri, I buy it for 25, we'd just charge someone else 30.

I think I will be taking them. I told her I am not giving any money to the store for it because I refuse to support that. I just need to get a cage in short notice among other things xD I guess they have "Munchkin Cats" that aren't being taken care of so she's working on taking those as well. The cats are emaciated pretty much.
And, I do remember seeing a full grown Oscar in a 10G last time I was there. Felt awful for it. Not to mention she feeds the iguanas frozen vegetables out of a bag instead of taking the time to find fresh vegetables and prepare them =/

I had one when I was younger, he wasn't very skittish at all. D;
I was under the impression they weren't as bad though from what she told me over the phone.

I think guinea pigs are one of my least favorite pets but if something needs a home I won't refuse. .-.
They're just little s**t machines that seem to eat a lot more than my previous one ever did.
Anyhow I want to do a C&C however it all depends on if my father is willing to allow me to make one or not.
I'm not positive how long until we'll be able to do a cage for them though. :/

Canadians are just rich, oh so rich. The Mazuri food we're not sure on the price but we're buying two, 25lb bags of rat food and a 25lb of guinea pig food.
The price from the supplier is $21 but the pet store that is ordering it in will want a profit so who knows really. o.o
It'll be much cheaper than what we've been doing at least.

I definitely wouldn't buy from a store like that, I'm 100% fine with supporting a local store here but they're pretty much the only place.
They definitely need quite the big enclosure from what I've seen, I once saw someone use one of those 'reptile' enclosures for them.
It's like all mesh on a frame and it's quite tall, they seem to be fairly cheap to get as well.
I'm not too sure if it's appropriate or not but possibly worth looking into.
That's absolutely terrible though, they shouldn't even be in business if they're that awful with the pets. :/
My father wants to do frozen vegetables, apparently they're better because they pick them then immediately freeze.
I don't quite understand where he got that from but I prefer fresh anyhow. c:

Devoted Inquisitor

Eizoryu
Latrans
Eizoryu
Oohh... Shearaha's gotta good point there. Last thing we need is to get taken down. D:

So I'ma just shoot this out to everyone to see what y'all think.
Ever heard of "push" training? Supposed to be tied in to energy and the like, and I would like to think it works in many cases; I was reading about it in NaturalDog mag at work.

Honestly, reading that, it seems full of jargon and not a lot of substance. I still don't know what they're actually talking about, since they don't explain it. To me, it looks like useless fluff.
I'm not 100% sure what all it's about either. My inner feng-shui/chi-indulgent self thought it was interesting.
I admit I kinda dig the whole energy thing in general, that things in life give off positive and negative energy, and that sometimes a block in one's own chi manifests as physical pain like aches and cramps, as well as semi-subscribing to the school of thought pertaining to energy and how it can affect dogs in human/dog relationships. I blame my alternative-medicine/holistic-method aunt on Mom's side for the influence. x3

I would like to think it could work, once one knows what they're on about.

It all sounds like pseudoscience and nonsense to me, to be honest. It's a huge red flag for me when people throw around words like energy and magnets without actually explaining what they're talking about.

If it helps you, that's great, though.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Prince Charmant
Mistress of Rain
*goes to count*

That's not too many. o: It still would take awhile to clean/bathe them all though. ;c

Anyhow alright, I can't wait to see. ♥ I think I've viewed her website before, at least the name of her one poodle rings a bell. c:

I take that back 6 black girls I for got about Silly (she is 6 months)

http://countrysidestandardpoodles.com/?page_id=102

There is...

Puddin' (white): first poodle they has for breeding, now spayed and retired after three liters, and I want to say she is 6 or 7....

Precious (white): Grand daughter of Puddin', mother of Shimmer. Is currently 3/4 (was born the summer between my freshman year and sophmore year... in my 5 year now...) 2 more litters til spayed

Shimmer (white): Daughter of Precious, Puddin's great-grand daughter, is currently 6 weeks, and they are thinking of showing her. (Pictures on Keyona's posts and profile)

Ritzy (Black): Grandaughter of "Mikimoto on 5th" was the top standard poodle for 3 years in America and has won best of the non-sporting at Westminster in 2002 or 2003. I think she is ready to be retired...

Minimoto (Black): Daughter of Ritzy, and technically half sister to Licky and half sister to Dolly

Dolly (Black): Daughter of Ritzy, half sister to Mini. Love her to death and want to adopt her once she retires. really laid back dog when she is on her own)

Silly (Black): Daughter of Ritzy, Half sister to Mini, and Dolly. Currently 6 months

Licky (Black): yeah don't have a lot to say about Licky I know she has 1 more litter to go before she is spayed...her forever home will be with Puddin' because Glenn (friend's son) is really attached to her.

Lolly (Black): Licky's daughter, Half sister to S'more

S'more (Brown): Licky's daugther, half sister to Lolly

i do beleive that is everyone.

Invisible Citizen

Mistress of Rain

Awe. ♥ They're all so beautiful looking, I just want to hug them all.
Puddin' is definitely quite good looking for being older. c:
I'm curious how they come up with the names though, they're definitely not standard ones. (x
Regardless do you think she'll allow you to adopt Dolly? o:

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Prince Charmant
Mistress of Rain

Awe. ♥ They're all so beautiful looking, I just want to hug them all.
Puddin' is definitely quite good looking for being older. c:
I'm curious how they come up with the names though, they're definitely not standard ones. (x
Regardless do you think she'll allow you to adopt Dolly? o:

The first part of the name is the kennel they are registered to. Countryside, Dreamer, Hallelujah, Graphic, ect.

Adn then the name themselves sometimes go by the kennel's theme (Countryside's is food normally), or going with a bloodline theme (Ritzy's pups).

Puddin's daugher (Precious' mum) was named Pumpkin. but they turned to the imagry because Precious does look a LOT like Puddin' and then so Precious Mirror Image, Shimmering Reflection...

Then just calling them by name is just picking out the best part of the name really.

I do believe one of Puddin's pups (not sure if it is one of her's or not though) that is being shown/breed is named Charmin... and her registered name is Countryside's Ultra Soft Charmin... and I do believe most pups that don't stay with her are just named by the owner's and then she register's them with what ever name the owner chooses. Also other random thing about Charmin...she is about a head or two TALLER than other standards...but there has also bin some pups born that are rather small for a standards too... those ones have gone to just be fun loving pets. One is named Roo, and i for get what they ended up naming the second one...

Devoted Inquisitor

Mistress of Rain

Elsie's brother's registered name includes 'Benjamin Franklin,' and his call name is Kite. Isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever heard?

Elsie's call name has nothing to do with her registered name, which is Dolley PT Madison. d:

ETA: Well, that plus the kennel name.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

Elsie's brother's registered name includes 'Benjamin Franklin,' and his call name is Kite. Isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever heard?

Elsie's call name has nothing to do with her registered name, which is Dolley PT Madison. d:

Awww! I love watching the dog shows on tv to hear them talk about the dogs... some will tell what the favorite food is, what they do at home, or even cute thigns like that.

Hmm I wonder if Sheryl does to "normal" kennel names then... I have really no clue what she does for the ones that go out as pets and things like that...

Devoted Inquisitor

Mistress of Rain
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

Awww! I love watching the dog shows on tv to hear them talk about the dogs... some will tell what the favorite food is, what they do at home, or even cute thigns like that.

Hmm I wonder if Sheryl does to "normal" kennel names then... I have really no clue what she does for the ones that go out as pets and things like that...

Does too normal kennel names?

Elsie's litter's theme was Patriots, so all of their registered names had a patriot in them, with the kennel name at the beginning.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Latrans
Mistress of Rain
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

Does too normal kennel names?

Elsie's litter's theme was Patriots, so all of their registered names had a patriot in them, with the kennel name at the beginning.

Registers dogs with with a name she picks, and the owners just do what you do and give a name of their own. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff