Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Whats better for a person house hold, a dog or a cat???
Depends what you want out of the pet, and your own lifestyle. And, it depends on the breed of cat or dog as well. You would not want an Abyssinian, Savannah, or a Bengal cat if you plan to be away from home a lot, they would go nuts and DESTROY your house.

If you plan to be away a lot, but part of that time is spent hiking and doing outdoorsy stuff, getting a dog would be a better bet since they can accompany you.

It really just depends.

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Henrika
Depends what you want out of the pet, and your own lifestyle. And, it depends on the breed of cat or dog as well. You would not want an Abyssinian, Savannah, or a Bengal cat if you plan to be away from home a lot, they would go nuts and DESTROY your house.

If you plan to be away a lot, but part of that time is spent hiking and doing outdoorsy stuff, getting a dog would be a better bet since they can accompany you.

It really just depends.

For one, i love ur Gaia she is so cute. What did u use to get the heart in the middle.
And im a cat type person but i would like to have a nice breed and im home most of the time and love playing with my cat. and i ove rolo he is so cute, i use to have three of them, sam, bear and ruby

Devoted Inquisitor

It really depends on the person.

I much prefer dogs to cats. I want a pet to be my go everywhere companion buddy, and dogs are much better suited to the task than cats are.

My boyfriend is allergic to cats anyway. whee

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
I have to say Im a dog person. Theyre more loyal whereas cats are more independent so you cant coddle and fuss them as much.

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SaraMarie025
I have to say Im a dog person. Theyre more loyal whereas cats are more independent so you cant coddle and fuss them as much.

:{ mY CAT LOVES ME, HE SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME UNDER ME!
SaraMarie025
I feel like this is entirely dependant on the cat smile

Of my four cats, Misty will tolerate pretty much anything, as she was the cat we grew up with, and had to learn to tolerate kids screaming over her. She is now our cuddle cat, and loves being carried around.

Honeycake is our puppy cat, she follows everyone from room to room, and will sit by your feet when visitors come over. We have even had people who dislike cats say they love Honeycake because she really acts more like a dog. She comes when she is called and will talk back to you. She is very loyal to my little brother, and is literally like his shadow and has been for the past 8 years since we got her. She loves everyone and being part of the family, but my brother is by far her favourite.

Our two younger cats will do pretty much anything for love and attention. Though they can sort of take this too far, as Jellybean in particular gets jealous if we don't meet her love quota.

I think the best thing about all of them, is waking up in my house you are met with four cats that will follow you around and sit with you while you eat breakfast and be a part of your morning routine. Then when you go off to do your own thing, so do they, but in the evening they will be back for more love and attention.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
as pthers have said, it depends on what you want out of the animal. i love having multiple cats because i love being surrounded by fuzzy animals who want to constantly snuggle with me and try to take my pillow at night.

i love having a dog because its nice having an animal that wants to learn from me and and will walk or run for hours with me.

all in all personally i love having both but i will never be without a cat and i know i can survive without a dog

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
It does, as everyone says, depends on what you want. Im your typical potential crazy cat lady because I do like them more than dogs. Theyre a little more independant, not demanding, and funny to watch. You can have the same with dogs as well. Id like to own a little dog (the bigger they get the more my wallet would scream at me) some day, but with my scedule the way it is, and the things that i get busy doing, I may not have the time to properaly raise a dog. And you can totally cuddle a dog. Cats only cuddle when they want somthing.
It's up to you. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces