Welcome to Gaia! ::

Backwoods Witch

okay so, I rescued this kitten awhile back (I found her under a car and spent a whole hour trying to get her close to me) , and as she's growing older i'm kind of noticing that she's looking more and more like a savannah cat, or at least perhaps mixed with it. She's tall as hell, and she's got very long features like her tail/ears/face/etc. What do you guys think? Her name is Khaleesi btw!

(The first day I took her in) User Image

This is her now (these pictures btw honestly don't do her any justice :/ She's practically almost just as big as our other cats and she isn't even a year old yet)

User Image

User Image

User Image
It's possible, but it's rather unlikely. She may have a little bit mixed in, but it's just as likely that she has something like Maine Coon somewhere along the lines, so..
She's most likely just going through a growth spurt. Based on the pictures, she looks like your run-of-the-mill Domestic Short Hair to me

Bronco, I think, when he was around probably 4 months?; at around Three or Four years old (four years ago)
JT at around 9 months maybe? -I'll post a current picture of JT later as I don't have any right now-
-That picture where your kitten's laying in the plant looks a lot like JT currently does (except that your kitten looks considerably younger/leaner as JT's around 8 years old now I think)-

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
She just looks like a standard domestic tabby to me.

Adolescent cats are lanky. They grow into themselves as they reach adulthood.
The afore-mentioned pictures of JT now (her face is leaner in actuality than it looks in the pictures [she could do with shedding a pound or two, though] - damn cat also does not sit still for more than two seconds)

User Image
User Image

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
She looks like a domestic shorthair tabby. Under the age of two, they tend to be lanky bean poles. They haven't put on their full muscle weight yet, so their legs look longer and they look tall for it. It's very unlikely that she has savannah cat in her. She may have a bit of an oriental breed in her, since they tend to stay long and lean for their entire lives (unless overfed, obviously), but you won't really have a full idea of what she looks like until she's past the adolescent stage. She's a gorgeous girl, and looks like she could be quite the fierce little hunter. Aptly named, your little lass. Just keep watch for her taking control of the garden lizards and trying to take over cities.

Celestial Dog

I'm not seeing any savannah in her from those pictures. Savannah's are huge considering they're part Serval, and usually have rounded ears and incredibly long bodies with small heads.

Like others have said, she looks like she's a lanky adolescent tabby.

she's beautiful though c:

Devoted Inquisitor

She just looks like a cat. Enjoy her!

Vampiric Vampire

14,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Friendly 100
She is a cat of many backgrounds. The best kind, IMO.

Cats are like people, you know. Some are just taller than average, shorter than average, this, that, or the other. Genetics and all that.

Looks sort of like a Torbie in one of the pictures (Tortoise shell markings in a tabby stripe pattern).

Whatever her ancestry, she sure is a pretty puss. ... And I bet she knows it too... wink

EDIT: Oh yeah, another telltale mark of a tabby? The "M" on the forehead.

Backwoods Witch

thank you all! and another possible gene she might have is maybe siamese. I've have many many cats throughout my years of growing up, and she has the attitudes of them and she's very vocal as well.
I just thought she was a savannah since she's got the same kind of bronze colour and long features and she's one of the smartest cats we've ever had. thank you though i flippin llove her <3

Backwoods Witch

Q2k
I'm not seeing any savannah in her from those pictures. Savannah's are huge considering they're part Serval, and usually have rounded ears and incredibly long bodies with small heads.

Like others have said, she looks like she's a lanky adolescent tabby.

she's beautiful though c:

She's practicallly nearly just as big as our other two adult cats (the orange one weighing at 17lbs) and khaleesi isn't even a year old http://25.media.tumblr.com/df72df2d089f14e27a22ef01d084510c/tumblr_n355icEV4j1rlwqnho1_r1_500.jpg

I just hope she turns into a big tall cat because there's all the more to snuggle to hahah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff