Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Bibliophile

15,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~{ question Should litter scoops be disposed of in the toilet, trash or it dosnt matter? is there a litter holder so u can dispose alot at once? (example: Playtex - Diaper Genie Elite Advanced Diaper Disposal System)}~
NekomiChan001
~{ question Should litter scoops be disposed of in the toilet, trash or it dosnt matter? is there a litter holder so u can dispose alot at once? (example: Playtex - Diaper Genie Elite Advanced Diaper Disposal System)}~

Walmart bags!

I just scoop into walmart bags, twist, back through, tie. Makes a double layer then I throw the offense away again.

They do make flush-able litter.

Invisible Citizen

User Image

Grocery bags then throwing them in drive-through garbage's. ;] Can't go wrong.

Like the others, I juse use a plastic shopping bag, or even just doggy poop bags.

There is a product out there called the Cat Genie, though. From what I understand it's a similar concept to the diaper genie

Don't flush litter unless it's stated as being flushable.
NekomiChan001
How you dispose of it really depends on the litter. I use world's best which is a corn based litter, and it is flushable, which means the moment I notice Rolo or the cats has gone potty I will usually scoop it right away

If it's something like clay - don't flush or it will clog your toilet. If you are using clay and want a litter box disposal system you could try the Litter Locker which randomly happens to be on sale on amazon right now for $12. I would never openly throw soiled cat litter in the trash, because I'm fairly sure you aren't really supposed to put it in the garbage. (Like, some garbage pickups won't take it. We would aways just have the litter in a bag inside the garbage bag until we switched to the corn based stuff which is SO MUCH better.

Magical Bibliophile

15,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
~{ idea which type of litter is easier to scoop and/or holds in odor best? (ie, clay, nonclump, sand?}~

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i just use clay litter

as for disposing of kitty poop, as other have said, walmart bags. i also save plastic cat litter containers to throw away cat poop and dryer lint in then when it gets full dump it in the trash outside and start my "collection" all over again
NekomiChan001
~{ idea which type of litter is easier to scoop and/or holds in odor best? (ie, clay, nonclump, sand?}~
Clumping wheat/corn/etc based litter. It clumps well, is very odour absorbing (better than clay) is usually dust free (important since there are asthmatic people in my house) and you can flush it down the toilet.
I put it in plastic shopping bags and put it outside in the outdoor garabage bin.

5,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
My cat likes doing his business outside. I don't think he wants to dirty his litter box. He has one and knows what it is there for. He used to use it when I was training him though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff