Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dark Metamorphosis
Aw, so cute! I..had a lot of hammies, like 20ish. Not at the same time! They were dwarf campbells and erm, took quite a lot of pics of them..lol.

Oh wow, you've had a lot of experience then.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I don't have any pictures of my late hamster since I had her when I was 10-11 (digital cameras where you can transfer photos to a computer didn't exist back then), but she was a golden syrian hamster. She was really friendly and liked taking treats from me, but at the same time, she was like a female Houdini, always trying to look for ways to escape from her cage. Unfortunately I lost her when I was away at my late dad's house for one weekend because my irresponsible mother (my parents were divorced) thought it would be fine if she left the hamster run around in the backyard while she went out shopping. >_> I was so furious with her when I returned home and found the cage completely empty.

Sakura Latte
I don't have any pictures of my late hamster since I had her when I was 10-11 (digital cameras where you can transfer photos to a computer didn't exist back then), but she was a golden syrian hamster. She was really friendly and liked taking treats from me, but at the same time, she was like a female Houdini, always trying to look for ways to escape from her cage. Unfortunately I lost her when I was away at my late dad's house for one weekend because my irresponsible mother (my parents were divorced) thought it would be fine if she left the hamster run around in the backyard while she went out shopping. >_> I was so furious with her when I returned home and found the cage completely empty.

Wow, that's pretty horrible. I couldn't even imagine how I would react if my mother did that to me, knowing how much I love my hamster. I'm sorry that you had to come home to that. gonk

Anxious Seeker

While I dislike supporting Petsmart/Petco, or any other corporation who mill breeds its animals, congratulations on becoming a hammie owner, I've been on the market for a BEW Syrian Longhair for awhile, so until a breeder pops up I'm holding off. They are too adorable, a bit different from my rats. But. <3 so qyute. <3 As far as that cage goes, honestly, you really need to get a better cage, its unfair that the hamster only gets out every other day, no fun to be cramped. Craigslist is a great place to find CHEAP 20 gallons and they take up very little room on a desk. And most people GIVE them away, and a cosmetic crack won't effect anything. Just makes sure he gets proper air ventilation.

I have reptile tanks ALL over my apartment, some have animals or herbs in them. Lol, as far as your mother goes you HAVE to educate her on the fact that it is cruel to keep it in a cage that is too small, look online for a cage calculator and tell her as an animal activist, you will not allow her to keep you from upgrading your animal. While I don't know if you are into animal activism, its a good card. biggrin You have to push that bigger cage thing for sure

Btw, meet my Cappuccino, all of my rats have coffee themed names. Lol. Apologies for the size.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Holsteiner

I completely agree with you, it's not fair for him. I checked craigslist for tanks, but I'm not sure how craigslist works, as I've never used it before and it's kinda intimidating for some reason.
+My mother is a very frustrating person to talk to. It's either her way, or no way. And I have argued with her about the whole tank/bigger cage thing, and the only argument she comes up with is "there's not enough room." Well, there will be in my room when I get my new bed (probably this week). Trust me, I want what's best for my hamster, and I try to reason with her a lot. I just don't understand why she allowed me to get a hamster if she's not going to let me give him what is necessary, like a bigger cage.

&Wow he's adorable. I will never understand why people are so deathly afraid of rats. They look so innocent. 4laugh

Anxious Seeker

Wonderfully Curious
Holsteiner

I completely agree with you, it's not fair for him. I checked craigslist for tanks, but I'm not sure how craigslist works, as I've never used it before and it's kinda intimidating for some reason.
+My mother is a very frustrating person to talk to. It's either her way, or no way. And I have argued with her about the whole tank/bigger cage thing, and the only argument she comes up with is "there's not enough room." Well, there will be in my room when I get my new bed (probably this week). Trust me, I want what's best for my hamster, and I try to reason with her a lot. I just don't understand why she allowed me to get a hamster if she's not going to let me give him what is necessary, like a bigger cage.

&Wow he's adorable. I will never understand why people are so deathly afraid of rats. They look so innocent. 4laugh

Best Advice, get the money and go get it yourself. By get, don't ask mom. Craigslist works by you meet them in a populated place, Open. Bring a friend for your own safety, you say HI. I want to see the tank, they show you, you give money, you take tank. Done! biggrin

Rats are like miniature dogs. xD And my Cappi is a girl. Lol.

Holsteiner
Wonderfully Curious
Holsteiner

Best Advice, get the money and go get it yourself. By get, don't ask mom. Craigslist works by you meet them in a populated place, Open. Bring a friend for your own safety, you say HI. I want to see the tank, they show you, you give money, you take tank. Done! biggrin

Rats are like miniature dogs. xD And my Cappi is a girl. Lol.

I can't drive yet. Trust me, if I could, I would have gotten him a new cage/tank a while ago. I'm only 16, turning 17 in a few months, so what my mom says weighs heavily on what I can/can't do. *sigh*
& Whoops, she's* very adorable. c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces