Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vegeta_Lover239
Your title tricked me D:
I saw "big a** dogs" and COMPLETELY thought you meant "dogs with big asses"...

*headdesk*
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

That's along the lines of what I was thinking the thread was going to be about... I was thinking it would be about obese dogs/"what's the worst you've seen" kind of thing

My dog is approx. 13pounds, eats 2/3 cup a day of kibble, a terrier mix (I was told yorkie mix when I adopted her, but she's like twice the size of a yorkie and doesn't look at all like one really, so I'm going with cairn mix now since it seems more accurate)

Devoted Inquisitor

Vegeta_Lover239
Your title tricked me D:

*headdesk*
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

We call Zoey a heavy hip-ed mama.
Eisefin
Vegeta_Lover239
Your title tricked me D:

*headdesk*
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

I don't know how I can't judge you right now. Oh my god. That's just awesomely fail. rofl
Now I want to see funny pictures of dogs with big asses!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Best I could come up with... emo

Dapper Werewolf

I saw a freakishly big GSD and yellow lab at my vet. I didn't know they could get that big...

Dangerous Lover

Max is so cute! He looks like an old man with that gray lol. Bowser is adorable too. <3

My first two dogs were american pit bull terrier/bull mastiff mixes. Sheesa Vandal was around 100 pounds, Bear weighed a little more.

My boss has a rottweiler that, if I had to guess, weighs probably 140ish pounds. She likes to jump in my lap when I'm not paying attention .-.

Demonic Ladykiller

12,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
No, my dog is around the perfect weight for his breed...53 Pounds, American Pit bull terrier, but he eats 1 cup of food a day, I try and feed him more but he just walks away from it >_<

Invisible Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I have a 3 year old boxer mix about 60lbs
A 2 year old Lab/Dane mix about 80lbs
And a 10 month old Chiwenie/Staffy mix about 30 pounds.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
My Sasha is around 60 pounds, she makes it into the "large" range but she's certainly not the biggest dog around. Though we live in a suburban area and most people own little dogs like Yorkies, so she's pretty big compared to the others in the area. I think Sasha is a husky mix but I don't really know.

My aunt used to have one of those really, really big German Shepherds. Don't know exactly how much he weighed or how tall he was but he was biiiiig. Only other person I've seen with that particular kind of GSD is one of our neighbors.

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
7 cups? O_O
Damn.
I'm not entirely sure, and it does depend on which brand you're feeding him but that seems like an awful lot.

Especially in large breed puppies you have to be concerned about growing too fast because of the threat of joint problems like hip dysplasia.

What food are you feeding? And someone on the bag it should say "__ kcal/cup", what number is that?

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Satans Bloody Valentine
No, my dog is around the perfect weight for his breed...53 Pounds, American Pit bull terrier, but he eats 1 cup of food a day, I try and feed him more but he just walks away from it >_<

xD I don't know why but just imagining your dog walking away from more food makes me laugh emotion_yatta

Since he is a normal weight I wouldn't worry about it, but you could try making it more appealing to him by adding in a little wet food or putting a very small amount of vegetable oil in it.

Shameless Man-Lover

a wishing well
7 cups? O_O
Damn.
I'm not entirely sure, and it does depend on which brand you're feeding him but that seems like an awful lot.

Especially in large breed puppies you have to be concerned about growing too fast because of the threat of joint problems like hip dysplasia.

What food are you feeding? And someone on the bag it should say "__ kcal/cup", what number is that?

Yup. Three and a half at night, and three and a half in the morning.

He's eating a Blue Buffalo food. It's a really good food, so if he was eating a shitty food, it would be even more, haha.

It's adult food, so we're not worried about that. We started him on adult food when we got him at eight weeks; the breed said to.

This breed won't eat if he's not hungry. In fact, he usually doesn't eat his meals all at once. He usually finishes his breakfast within three hours of it being put down, and his dinner is usually gone in one hour. That bag is adult food, so it really can't give us a proper feeding guideline for him.

Gracious Explorer

5,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
I have a Rhodesian Ridge back/ German Shepard mix who is about 110lbs.
He eats 5 cups a day >o<

Fashionable Fatcat

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I have a German Shepard although right now he's in intensive care due to the aweful disease Parvovirus... He's getting better though and coming through it but he a medium size dog about 2 year 5 months .. He's all muscle very healthy but his appetite has never been big. Unless of course he gets a can of wet food than it's game on lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff