Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

My puppy is five and a half months old and nearly seventy-five pounds. He's a bull mastiff named Bowser. His father was two-hundred pounds. He eats seven cups of food a day.

Does anyone else have a giant breed dog? Or a large dog, even? How much do they weight? How much do they eat?

Devoted Inquisitor

I have a medium sized dog that eats 5 cups of food a day. emotion_donotwant

Do you have pictures of your puppy? emotion_kirakira

Also your sig made me go :___;<3asheoyhosy
My bf's Doberman was right at 70lbs and 29inches at the shoulder. He eats 3 and a half cups of food a day and could stand to lose a couple of lbs.

Right now his mother has him and we may or may not get him. I think we've come to terms with not getting him.

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
Your title tricked me D:
I saw "big a** dogs" and COMPLETELY thought you meant "dogs with big asses"...

*headdesk*
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

Shameless Man-Lover

User Image

The smaller one with the brown fur is Bowser. The big black one is my other dog, Max. He's a lab and boxer mutt. He's about ninety pounds.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

I read your title and thought of the wolf hound that comes to the dog park I frequent.
are great danes really bigger than those wolf hounds? it's hard to believe.

I own an 8 lb dog. emotion_kirakira she eats 3 to 4 ounces of meat a day.
I somehow feel your.. Over estimating on weight of these dogs.. Bull Mastiff males should be more more than like.. 150 and both boxers and labs should be under 80lbs... Or they're fat. Graned, thats if the dogs are actually following the breed standard. ^^;

My bf's Dobbie is 29 inches at the should which is actually a couple inches taller than the Bull mastiff standard. emotion_awesome An inch taller than the Dobbie standard. He's all legs. D:<
Eri fox
I read your title and thought of the wolf hound that comes to the dog park I frequent.
are great danes really bigger than those wolf hounds? it's hard to believe.

I own an 8 lb dog. emotion_kirakira she eats 3 to 4 ounces of meat a day.

We had family friends with a Irish Wolfhound and as a toddler I'd ride around on its back. >_> Such massive dogs. <3

Shameless Man-Lover

11 Cardinal 11
I somehow feel your.. Over estimating on weight of these dogs.. Bull Mastiff males should be more more than like.. 150 and both boxers and labs should be under 80lbs... Or they're fat. Graned, thats if the dogs are actually following the breed standard. ^^;

My bf's Dobbie is 29 inches at the should which is actually a couple inches taller than the Bull mastiff standard. emotion_awesome An inch taller than the Dobbie standard. He's all legs. D:<

Well, Max, the lab and boxer mix, is a mutt from a shelter, so there could be another type of dog mixed into him as well. We're not completely sure, nor was the shelter. He just shows a lot of lab, and he has a boxer like snout and personality. He might be more like eight-five, though. He hasn't been weighted for a while.

Bowser's father was big for his breed, yeah. I know they're supposed to be around 150-160. The breeder told us that's how much he weighted, and when I meet him, I don't think she was overestimating xD

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Funny story...

I had a female Newfoundland growing up in rural Maine.

She was in the backyard once, sleeping, safe and secure on her dog run. Imagine our surprise when animal control showed up to check up on reports of a bear in our yard. The neighbors had called it in, apparently.

They had mistaken our sleeping dog for a black bear.

Apocalyptic Flip-Flopper

15,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Lilac Wood
Funny story...

She was in the backyard once, sleeping, safe and secure on her dog run. Imagine our surprise when animal control showed up to check up on reports of a bear in our yard. The neighbors had called it in, apparently.

Got to proud of that!

My dog is at the wrong scale for this thread. She's probably more likely to be mistaken for a escaped feather duster. I'd give her weight in pounds, but I have no idea how to translate pounds into a system I'm familiar with.

Devoted Inquisitor

Freddus
Lilac Wood
Funny story...

Got to proud of that!

My dog is at the wrong scale for this thread. She's probably more likely to be mistaken for a escaped feather duster. I'd give her weight in pounds, but I have no idea how to translate pounds into a system I'm familiar with.

2.2lbs = 1kg, if that helps. :]

Apocalyptic Flip-Flopper

15,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Latrans
Freddus
Lilac Wood
Funny story...

Got to proud of that!

2.2lbs = 1kg, if that helps. :]

Very helpful, thank you!

In that case, she's somewhere around 15 pounds. Unless there's been a change since the last time I weighed her. I briefly considered weighing her now, but she's sleeping upside down on the couch with her tongue sticking out and I don't have the heart to disturb her. xd

Dangerous Lunatic

8,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
We visited with two danes and a dane mix during our vacation! Payton is not much a fan of big, hyper dane puppies... well, she was more like 1.5 years, but they were both SUPER excited when they weren't on duty. It was hilarious having 2 dane service dogs in the same room as the 2 chihuahua service dogs!

Greedy Receiver

Vegeta_Lover239
Your title tricked me D:
I saw "big a** dogs" and COMPLETELY thought you meant "dogs with big asses"...

*headdesk*
DON'T JUDGE ME. D:

I don't know how I can't judge you right now. Oh my god. That's just awesomely fail. rofl
Now I want to see funny pictures of dogs with big asses!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff