Devoted Inquisitor

Aw, what a cutie!

My Elsie has that same harness.

User Image
Latrans
Aw, what a cutie!

My Elsie has that same harness.

User Image

WHAT A COINKYDINK! We actually need to get a new one, lol. But Elsie is GORG. *A*

Devoted Inquisitor

The_Manly_Succubus

WHAT A COINKYDINK! We actually need to get a new one, lol. But Elsie is GORG. *A*

I say coinkydink too! :O

I want two leather harnesses with bling for Elsie, but that's not in the budget right now. lol
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus

I want two leather harnesses with bling for Elsie, but that's not in the budget right now. lol

Basil has to have one, since he pulls so hard on the leash. He's a strong little booger. But alas, Harnesses are expensive. The one he has now will be fine-- it's just fraying a bit. My budget is going to cosplay for right now, lol. And groceries.

Devoted Inquisitor

The_Manly_Succubus
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus

Basil has to have one, since he pulls so hard on the leash. He's a strong little booger. But alas, Harnesses are expensive. The one he has now will be fine-- it's just fraying a bit. My budget is going to cosplay for right now, lol. And groceries.

How old is he?

Have you tried clicker training? It really helped Elsie to stop pulling.
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus

How old is he?

He's just over a year. His prob is that the smells overwhelm him, since he has such a strong nose. He HAS to pull towards it. It's like a compulsion. And he has the WORST separation anxiety int he world. Like, I can't even go to the bathroom without him whining and freaking out. @.@

Devoted Inquisitor

The_Manly_Succubus
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus
Latrans
The_Manly_Succubus

How old is he?

He's just over a year. His prob is that the smells overwhelm him, since he has such a strong nose. He HAS to pull towards it. It's like a compulsion. And he has the WORST separation anxiety int he world. Like, I can't even go to the bathroom without him whining and freaking out. @.@

I've never had to cure separation anxiety, but the sniffing around on walks problem is pretty easy to fix with the clicker. :]

Greedy Giver

I always had bassets growing up, our first family dog, a young female after he got mean to cheer him up, another female pup when the first one died and the second one's heart was broken, then I got my first one (as in MY dog) when I was in high school. This is my Bowser, he was the biggest basset I had ever seen 65lbs solid muscle.
User Image
I got him from a lady that had to get rid of him because she could not provide a good environment for him and her bf was abusing him and he started getting mean and snapped at her young son. It was great for a while, I loved the heck outta that dog, and he was a great dog to have, I moved in with my bf on a farm and his stubborn a** would go out and steal cracked corn from our 450lb mama pig just so he could eat it in front of here! aside from him being bull--headed like that he was maturing into a great dog. But then I got pregnant and would not, could not have that dog and my baby in the same house, it just wouldn't be right for either one of them, so I had to get rid of him. He has had a long journey in life, but I am happy to say he is now retired, living on a small farm (with no pigs) in the care of an elderly couple that are able to love and spoil him like he deserves.
This is my Lucy Goosey! She's only half Basset Hound, other half Jack Russell. She is adorable and she's 14, I love her to deathhhhhhh :3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
kitti kat
I always had bassets growing up, our first family dog, a young female after he got mean to cheer him up, another female pup when the first one died and the second one's heart was broken, then I got my first one (as in MY dog) when I was in high school. This is my Bowser, he was the biggest basset I had ever seen 65lbs solid muscle.
User Image
I got him from a lady that had to get rid of him because she could not provide a good environment for him and her bf was abusing him and he started getting mean and snapped at her young son. It was great for a while, I loved the heck outta that dog, and he was a great dog to have, I moved in with my bf on a farm and his stubborn a** would go out and steal cracked corn from our 450lb mama pig just so he could eat it in front of here! aside from him being bull--headed like that he was maturing into a great dog. But then I got pregnant and would not, could not have that dog and my baby in the same house, it just wouldn't be right for either one of them, so I had to get rid of him. He has had a long journey in life, but I am happy to say he is now retired, living on a small farm (with no pigs) in the care of an elderly couple that are able to love and spoil him like he deserves.

Basil's father weighed about 72 lbs, so we're looking forward to him getting bigger. ^.^;; He's already at the 55lb mark. Lol.

Greedy Giver

The_Manly_Succubus
kitti kat
User Image

Basil's father weighed about 72 lbs, so we're looking forward to him getting bigger. ^.^;; He's already at the 55lb mark. Lol.

Large breed dogs on tiny little leggs!! blaugh

People underestimate bassets a lot. They assume they're slow; they're no greyhounds, but they are breed to keep up with rabbits! People don't think they can get up very high; my mum's basset stands only 4" off the ground, but she an jump up as high as I stand to pick apples off the tree! They are stubborn though, but they're equally loveable heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff