Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green Smoker

I absolutely loathe the term "owner" when it comes to animals because I strongly dislike the thought of "owning" any living creature as if they are property. I guess I rather be referred to as a pet parent or guardian. sweatdrop

My dog was a shelter rescue who ended up being fostered. We adopted her from her foster mom who already had a pack of six dogs. She will be with my husband & I for life. We adore her! heart

Strawberry

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Morgue
I absolutely loathe the term "owner" when it comes to animals because I strongly dislike the thought of "owning" any living creature as if they are property. I guess I rather be referred to as a pet parent or guardian. sweatdrop

My dog was a shelter rescue who ended up being fostered. We adopted her from her foster mom who already had a pack of six dogs. She will be with my husband & I for life. We adore her! heart

I prefer to be called my pet's parent too, but I used owner in here because it's a bit clearer what I was asking about.

Green Smoker

Kitsune_of_the_Stars
Morgue

I prefer to be called my pet's parent too, but I used owner in here because it's a bit clearer what I was asking about.

Oh I totally understand because it does clarify meaning. I just threw that point about ownership out there because I know of people who consider pets as simple property. Even laws consider pets as property & it makes me crazy.

Strawberry

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Morgue
Kitsune_of_the_Stars
Morgue

Oh I totally understand because it does clarify meaning. I just threw that point about ownership out there because I know of people who consider pets as simple property. Even laws consider pets as property & it makes me crazy.

Pet's are generally family to me. I raised Salem from a kitten, had to bottle feed him and everything after his birth mother abandoned him and the other runt (they were twins) and I've never had him apart from me since. My boyfriend and I call him out Cat-Son. XD

Considering them just property makes it too easy for people to start devaluing their worth and opens up doors for abuse to be justified as "Oh well it's my property i can do what i want" Like the woman who shot her horse out here recently because its vet bills were going to be too high.

Strawberry

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kitsune_of_the_Stars
Morgue
Kitsune_of_the_Stars
Morgue

Pet's are generally family to me. I raised Salem from a kitten, had to bottle feed him and everything after his birth mother abandoned him and the other runt (they were twins) and I've never had him apart from me since. My boyfriend and I call him out Cat-Son. XD

Considering them just property makes it too easy for people to start devaluing their worth and opens up doors for abuse to be justified as "Oh well it's my property i can do what i want" Like the woman who shot her horse out here recently because its vet bills were going to be too high.

Thank you btw for the pm and its contents. ^_^

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
My cat buddy i got when he was a kitten, so i am his first owner. my cat otto was a stray i adopted so i dont think he had an owner before me. my dog rocky had at least one owner before me because i adopted him too. my 2 birdies, ava and azul only have had me as an owner and all of my fish have only had me as well. i think that covers everyone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff