Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
inukingranfan
sireaness
I hate it when I see people adopt an animal with out even remotely learning about its breed! a lot of times it seems they get the pet for their kids which is ok if they will take responsibility for the animal if their kid doesn't.... if u want ur dog to be an out side dog do not get a breed with a hard to manage coat! If u don't have very much time for a pet then either don't get one. or get one that needs very little attention like idk some cats or fish!!! my neighbors have recently adopted 2 German Shepherd puppies. they leave them in a small out-closed area every day for most of the day and all night (by them selves yipping a good majority of the time). (at least they r not left in kennels!) but German shepherds have pretty bad separation anxiety plus they need a decent amount of exercise! (my neighbors' daughter who's about maybe 13-15 takes the dogs on walks every night. I think.... so that's good) but if they had to get a dog y not one with less requirements like maybe a Chihuahua. . I'm seriously afraid that the pups will grow up and be to much for them to handle. then they might just dump them off at a shelter! Don't get me wrong I'm happy that at least the pups have a home and people who don't abuse them. (they could a lot worse 3nodding ) but I wish they had adopted another breed and some one with more time and energy adopted the German shepherd pups. animals are not a toy u get ur child! animals can not just be thrown away when ur kid gets bored! stressed sorry for the rant! sweatdrop any one with similar experiences?
i understand how you feel entirely they aren't toys and some people toss them aside like they were and thats horrible i hate when you hear of abused animals or abandoned animals it pisses me off. if you get an animal make sure you know about it, have the time, and have the heart to love them. Having an animal is like having a kid they have needs and need to be taken care of. Anways i completely agree...Im a hard core animal lover XD

hard core animal lover! that's me too! 3nodding my mom say's I'm good with animals, but I think animals r good for me. I learned how to be responsible at a young age because of them

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
inukingranfan
sireaness
qoise
Agreed. I'm sick of seeing dogs being kept only for show and bragging rights like, "haha! look how cute my dog is!!!".

Lately, I've been seeing some people walk there dogs (which they only give them walks once a month) and they were surprised that there dog didn't know how to heel. Hello idiot, it's cause you never take the time and effort to teach your dog how to behave. I saw them pull on the leash hard and make the dog yelp and say, "stupid dog!". Really cruel.
''

it's because they r stupid people! poor dog. but at least they take the dog on walks some times
ti hate animal abusers, what goes around comes around, i jsut dont know what goes on in these peoples heads! people piss me off

I don't know if I want to know what goes on in that kind of persons head. hurting an animal isn't funny! how could they even think that for a moment! it makes me think they might be a little insane!
even if I accidentally hurt an animal! my conscience gets to me (saying how could u?!)! but I got to say when I see an animal abused there's a small part of me that hopes, that hopes who ever did it, receives the same treatment some day. but even that is wrong! if some one pushes u. Should u push back or walk away? I think the later is usually the better and more right course

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
xXAznMiShelleXx
i hate how animals are abused -.-' I HATE ANIMAL ABUSERS!.... ugh, i wish i cud fix all animal cruelty....

I know what u mean if I could stop all cruelty, (animal or other wise) I would

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
LoveWeaverave
sireaness
LoveWeaverave
I know wat u mean I hate it when you see a person bye a dog and not pay a bit of attintion to it after word it drives me crazy!!!!
My nextdoor niaber bought a Collie and he only uses her for contest he works her till her feet bleed and i got so mad seeing how much pian she was in that I called for help and now shes mine and im so happy i have her shes the best dog anyone could ever have!!!

I must Simply say.......
UR AWESOME! It's so nice u were able to get the dog! I'm happy for u and ur dog!!! I swear if our neighbors try to give up those dogs because they find out just how hard they can be to handle without proper training I'll be there to adopt them even if I can't afford it!! or at least I'll try! 3nodding

Thnx and if they do relize that it would be awsome to adopt them bt if u cnt afford it u should atleast try to find som1 who can you know!!! if u do get the dogs I wish you good luck!!! biggrin

thanks I will

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Azaelia Luinwe
This is like how people will get pet bunnies for their kids for Easter. Then the kids end up losing interest in the bunny and it ends up being neglected and abandoned most of the time. Bunnies aren't recommended for kids in the first place. Most of them hate being picked up and carried around because they are a prey animal and it scares them. And that's exactly what kids want to do (hold them).
Do not buy pets as any kind of gift. A lot of thought and research needs to be done before getting a pet. Including small ones like fish and hamsters. Many people think that they can get a goldfish and keep it in a tiny bowl. But they don't know that goldfish can get bigger than a foot long and require at least a 75 gallon tank with double filtration for one fish! The myth is that a goldfish won't grow bigger than the space it's in. The reason for that is because they die before they can get full grown because the ammonia in the water makes them sick (from not having proper filtration) or they get too stressed from not having enough room to live and grow. Goldfish should live up to 12 years but can reach 20 years if properly cared for.

agreed. another neighbor got a dog for his wife for a gift and she didn't want it, luckily they r good people and chose to keep the dog and take proper care of it any way.

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Eri fox
that is really sad sad

I have always been ranted at by my parents about how the dog needs to play, needs attention, needs me. but I think some people grow up around pets that seem perfect (their parents old dog that was taken really well care of when said people were babies and didnt learn that it takes work to have a pet)

then those people grow up and get pets for their kids without realizing that dogs don't come perfect, it takes work to raise a good, healthy, non-attention deprived pet.

I just recently got a puppy, I know that I can get busy unexpectedly, so my guidelines for a breed are
1. small
2. short hair
3. hardy

ya glad to know

Chatty Grabber

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
sireaness
inukingranfan
sireaness
qoise
Agreed. I'm sick of seeing dogs being kept only for show and bragging rights like, "haha! look how cute my dog is!!!".

Lately, I've been seeing some people walk there dogs (which they only give them walks once a month) and they were surprised that there dog didn't know how to heel. Hello idiot, it's cause you never take the time and effort to teach your dog how to behave. I saw them pull on the leash hard and make the dog yelp and say, "stupid dog!". Really cruel.
''

it's because they r stupid people! poor dog. but at least they take the dog on walks some times
ti hate animal abusers, what goes around comes around, i jsut dont know what goes on in these peoples heads! people piss me off

I don't know if I want to know what goes on in that kind of persons head. hurting an animal isn't funny! how could they even think that for a moment! it makes me think they might be a little insane!
even if I accidentally hurt an animal! my conscience gets to me (saying how could u?!)! but I got to say when I see an animal abused there's a small part of me that hopes, that hopes who ever did it, receives the same treatment some day. but even that is wrong! if some one pushes u. Should u push back or walk away? I think the later is usually the better and more right course
i completely agree

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
darn it!!!! every morning I wake up from the puppies crying! is it really so hard for them to give their dogs a little bit of attention?!!!!!!!
indeed they are not toys... we should take care of them well...
that's rigth they are not toys!!! if you have an animal you have to asume the responsabilities of taking care him/her biggrin

Fishy Lover

7,075 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sireaness
I hate it when I see people adopt an animal with out even remotely learning about its breed! a lot of times it seems they get the pet for their kids which is ok if they will take responsibility for the animal if their kid doesn't.... if u want ur dog to be an out side dog do not get a breed with a hard to manage coat! If u don't have very much time for a pet then either don't get one. or get one that needs very little attention like idk some cats or fish!!! my neighbors have recently adopted 2 German Shepherd puppies. they leave them in a small out-closed area every day for most of the day and all night (by them selves yipping a good majority of the time). (at least they r not left in kennels!) but German shepherds have pretty bad separation anxiety plus they need a decent amount of exercise! (my neighbors' daughter who's about maybe 13-15 takes the dogs on walks every night. I think.... so that's good) but if they had to get a dog y not one with less requirements like maybe a Chihuahua. . I'm seriously afraid that the pups will grow up and be to much for them to handle. then they might just dump them off at a shelter! Don't get me wrong I'm happy that at least the pups have a home and people who don't abuse them. (they could a lot worse 3nodding ) but I wish they had adopted another breed and some one with more time and energy adopted the German shepherd pups. animals are not a toy u get ur child! animals can not just be thrown away when ur kid gets bored! stressed sorry for the rant! sweatdrop any one with similar experiences?
Its funny how you claim a cat or a breed like a chihuahua are easy to manage putting yourself in the catagory of people who know nothing about the pet they are talking about. Chihuahua's cant even go outside because they will die if it gets too cold or too hot, and their giant eyeballs can get damaged if they stick their heads in bushes or in places they dont belong. They also are pron to get cancer and have very hard births do to the large head of the pups getting stuck. Cats also have to be groomed and they need to be cared for just as a dog would, you need to make sure they have medicine for hairballs and sometimes they can get sick and just flat out die just like any animal.

Point is, no matter what all animals require a bit of care and knowledge of the breed, even a gold fish, or it will probably die.

I even made that mistake recently, i got some chickens 2 rhode island reds and two bantams, the bantams died because they didnt have enough heat (I had a weak heat lamp) The bigger chickens however are doing well after i got a better heat lamp.

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Princess of GAlA
sireaness

Its funny how you claim a cat or a breed like a chihuahua are easy to manage putting yourself in the catagory of people who know nothing about the pet they are talking about. Chihuahua's cant even go outside because they will die if it gets too cold or too hot, and their giant eyeballs can get damaged if they stick their heads in bushes or in places they dont belong. They also are pron to get cancer and have very hard births do to the large head of the pups getting stuck. Cats also have to be groomed and they need to be cared for just as a dog would, you need to make sure they have medicine for hairballs and sometimes they can get sick and just flat out die just like any animal.

Point is, no matter what all animals require a bit of care and knowledge of the breed, even a gold fish, or it will probably die.

I even made that mistake recently, i got some chickens 2 rhode island reds and two bantams, the bantams died because they didnt have enough heat (I had a weak heat lamp) The bigger chickens however are doing well after i got a better heat lamp.

it's funny how u think less means the same as none! I know a little about dogs and cats (but seeing as how I never even mentioned anything about knowing something about animals in general . it shouldn't matter!). and if u actually bothered to read what I wrote you would notice I said (I hate it when people get a pet with out bothering to learn about it first) (like apparently u did with those chickens!)NOT (that an animal needs no attention because there is no such thing!) I said Chihuahua's and cats (cats are usually pretty much independent) need less attention then a full fledged GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!. How about u think about the consequences of a careless owner who has a German shepherd and compare it to a careless owner who has a chihuahua. (tell me which animal can cause more harm!) (which animal is some one more likely to put down rather then give it a second chance). I said that if an irresponsible person gets a pet it would be better if it was at least an animal that potentially needs little attention. like fish! Notice how I said little I even colored it red so maybe u might actually read it! y not read before u rant! don't just skim through a persons post, because u obviously need to read slower in order to understand simple words like less, little, or usually. I HOPE U CAN UNDERSTAND THIS POST! but if not reread it, before u reply! or u'll end up looking pretty special... (EDD)

Fishy Lover

7,075 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sireaness
Princess of GAlA
sireaness

it's funny how u think less means the same as none! I know a little about dogs and cats (but seeing as how I never even mentioned anything about knowing something about animals in general . it shouldn't matter!). and if u actually bothered to read what I wrote you would notice I said (I hate it when people get a pet with out bothering to learn about it first) (like apparently u did with those chickens!)NOT (that an animal needs no attention because there is no such thing!) I said Chihuahua's and cats (cats are usually pretty much independent) need less attention then a full fledged GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!. How about u think about the consequences of a careless owner who has a German shepherd and compare it to a careless owner who has a chihuahua. (tell me which animal can cause more harm!) (which animal is some one more likely to put down rather then give it a second chance). I said that if an irresponsible person gets a pet it would be better if it was at least an animal that potentially needs little attention. like fish! Notice how I said little I even colored it red so maybe u might actually read it! y not read before u rant! don't just skim through a persons post, because u obviously need to read slower in order to understand simple words like less, little, or usually. I HOPE U CAN UNDERSTAND THIS POST! but if not reread it, before u reply! or u'll end up looking pretty special... (EDD)
So now you are picking on special people? Thats pretty low specially since they cant help it.

But yes i read your post from front to back very carefully, and my over all point was, ANY animal requires alot of care not a little, which you probably didnt read because you skimmed over MY post which wasnt a rant. I wasnt trying to offend your delicate sensibilities I was merely trying to make a point, so dont get all sensitive on me please.

Also, I did read up on chickens and chicks before getting them, and if you had of actually read my post you would notice that i said my heat lamp was too weak, not that i didnt care for them. If that were the case the rhode island reds that i have would be dead.
why cant people just treat animals the way they should be?! D:

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Princess of GAlA
sireaness
Princess of GAlA
sireaness

So now you are picking on special people? Thats pretty low specially since they cant help it.

But yes i read your post from front to back very carefully, and my over all point was, ANY animal requires alot of care not a little, which you probably didnt read because you skimmed over MY post which wasnt a rant. I wasnt trying to offend your delicate sensibilities I was merely trying to make a point, so dont get all sensitive on me please.

Also, I did read up on chickens and chicks before getting them, and if you had of actually read my post you would notice that i said my heat lamp was too weak, not that i didnt care for them. If that were the case the rhode island reds that i have would be dead.

I'm not picking on special people! lol ur just acting special.. and no there r animals that need little attention. (little meaning some but not a lot) now once again I will say less because all animals need attention but once again some need less and some need more. now notice how I say the words need and less. all animals should get more attention then is needed, but not everyone has the time and energy. now I don't fault a person there, but if a person adopts a potentially dangerous animal they need to have at least some time and energy. now once again if said person gets a pet it should be one they can and will keep.

I don't even remotely mind that u said animals need a lot of attention (u have a right to your opinion), but when u basically tell me I'm as bad as someone who adopts a pet without taking responsibility for it. (I take full responsibility even for the pets that are not mine!) It will naturally make me a little mad. I admit my reply to u was a little harsh and ill said,(I apologize for that. I shouldn't have even mentioned the chickens) but I was tired from a long day.

and if u only wanted to say an animal needed a lot of attention then u should have simply said that. There was no need for u to add that I know nothing about animals I didn't even say anything about how annoying it is to meet people who don't know everything about animals. I complained about not learning before adopting or in the very least take responsibility for the pet u adopted. do u disagree? Because that was my main point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff