Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
I hate it when I see people adopt an animal with out even remotely learning about its breed! a lot of times it seems they get the pet for their kids which is ok if they will take responsibility for the animal if their kid doesn't.... if u want ur dog to be an out side dog do not get a breed with a hard to manage coat! If u don't have very much time for a pet then either don't get one. or get one that needs very little attention like idk some cats or fish!!! my neighbors have recently adopted 2 German Shepherd puppies. they leave them in a small out-closed area every day for most of the day and all night (by them selves yipping a good majority of the time). (at least they r not left in kennels!) but German shepherds have pretty bad separation anxiety plus they need a decent amount of exercise! (my neighbors' daughter who's about maybe 13-15 takes the dogs on walks every night. I think.... so that's good) but if they had to get a dog y not one with less requirements like maybe a Chihuahua. . I'm seriously afraid that the pups will grow up and be to much for them to handle. then they might just dump them off at a shelter! Don't get me wrong I'm happy that at least the pups have a home and people who don't abuse them. (they could a lot worse 3nodding ) but I wish they had adopted another breed and some one with more time and energy adopted the German shepherd pups. animals are not a toy u get ur child! animals can not just be thrown away when ur kid gets bored! stressed sorry for the rant! sweatdrop any one with similar experiences?
(: i love animals
i always learn about the breed b4 getting one(:

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
xXallyreneXx

I do to. u know except when the dog is a big mutt from the shelter!! my mom got a Border Aussie (Zoey) 8 months ago with out making sure we had the time to spend with her (to fill the void of our German shepherd and because she was cute). luckily for mom I took care of Zoey, I still didn't want her to be my dog though.... she was my moms supposedly... after 2 months of trying to keep Zoey at a distance (I already had one dog. I didn't need another just yet). I finally gave in and made her my dog and took Responsibility. she goes to the dog park every day for 2- 3 hours and I play with her whenever it suites her fancy.
sireaness
xXallyreneXx

I do to. u know except when the dog is a big mutt from the shelter!! my mom got a Border Aussie (Zoey) 8 months ago with out making sure we had the time to spend with her (to fill the void of our German shepherd and because she was cute). luckily for mom I took care of Zoey, I still didn't want her to be my dog though.... she was my moms supposedly... after 2 months of trying to keep Zoey at a distance (I already had one dog. I didn't need another just yet). I finally gave in and made her my dog and took Responsibility. she goes to the dog park every day for 2- 3 hours and I play with her whenever it suites her fancy.

awww so glad you got her(: i love animals so much i want to be a vet! (:
im more of a dog lover. cats are well and good, i just prefer dogs for their companionship. I have a golden retriever and he is a good buddy to have, he gets good exercise.

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
xXallyreneXx
sireaness
xXallyreneXx

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a vet to, but omg it really hard to become one
sireaness
xXallyreneXx
sireaness
xXallyreneXx

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a vet to, but omg it really hard to become one

oh wat do you have to do? and it might be hard but you can do anything if you set your mind to it(:

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Captain Romulus
im more of a dog lover. cats are well and good, i just prefer dogs for their companionship. I have a golden retriever and he is a good buddy to have, he gets good exercise.

good to know! 4laugh
sireaness
Captain Romulus

good to know! 4laugh

what about you? do you have a pet you enjoy the company of?

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
xXallyreneXx
sireaness
xXallyreneXx
sireaness
xXallyreneXx

oh wat do you have to do? and it might be hard but you can do anything if you set your mind to it(:

well if I'm understanding right u first have 3- 4 years of collage to get a bachelors degree in which u have to have pretty much perfect grades if u want to make it into one of the 24 veterinary collages in the U.S. U got to spend another 4 years in the veterinary collage then u got to get into an internship before u can become a vet also in order to get in the vet collage u have to have experience with animals. so when ur working hard to get ur bachelors degree u will probably have to volunteer in a shelter plus a job and taking care of ur pets equals about 10 years of working ur butt off

2,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Captain Romulus
sireaness
Captain Romulus

good to know! 4laugh

what about you? do you have a pet you enjoy the company of?

I adore both of my dogs. (like u, I prefer dogs over cats) I have a little more affection for my 8 and 1/2 year old mutt (Ruby) then my 9 month old Border Aussie (Zoey), but only barely more. Zoey launched herself into my heart from the very beginning, even before I made her my dog! 4laugh but my Ruby is like my other half she's exactly like me! heart

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your rant is not a bother at the slightest, honestly, I couldn't agree with it more! I feel that people need to realize that pets are not toys and they are a long-living companion that need a ton of care, I compare them to a baby that never grows up and you need to realize that in a way, they really are babies and you will have to take care of them like one for the years they are with you. I also feel that without the people researching the breed of dog that thy are about to get is one of the main reasons too as to why we have so many animals in shelters at the moment; because the owners don't know what they are getting themselves into! Anyways, I am going to stop myself there because if I don't I will go on for hours on this subject... I feel very passionately for it, just like you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Animals are living, breathing creatures just like ourselves and we need to treat them with respect. I love animals and I hate to see bad things happen to them crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff