Welcome to Gaia! ::

scooby2ooo
animal are so nice its horrible when some one hurts them i have my pet rat in my lap right now
burning_eyes burning_eyes

Read the first page. People often confuse testing with crueilty.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

[♫=♥]

<3

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
scooby2ooo
animal are so nice its horrible when some one hurts them i have my pet rat in my lap right now

Many dedicated rat lovers could say that you're hurting your rat by keeping it, a sociable animal, isolated from its own species. Rats should always be in multiples.
Lithquesse
I admit (with much embarrassment) that I used to be highly against animals being used in labs. My mom worked in several when she was younger and told me about how she would open up a rabbit's head, put moniters directly on the brain, and then put wires over it so the rabbit couldn't gnaw it's own mind. It freaked me out, I was sure it was wrong, wrong, wrong.

However, as I've gotten older and more fond of humans as a whole, Ive quieted down about it a lot. Upon furthering questioning my mom told me that the rats and rabbits had spacious, lovely living quarters, fresh vegetables, and high grade food. People came in and played with them all day, and they were friendly and normally lived their full life span. So now I say that, at worst, it's a necessary evil. Kill one to save a thousand, I suppose.

That being said, I'm really against animal testing cosmetics. No one in their right mind would say it's ok to kill a living creature so you can look nice.

-deep breath- Alright. Shutting up now.

When I first started taking Psychology classes, I was absolutely horrified with the photos in my text books. I actually started crying during a movie in class. =/ It went from Rat testing to Rabbit testing (The same you actually spoke of) to dog testing. And back and forth. -Keep in mind though i'm also the type who has to turn the channel when those stupid abuse commercials come on for animals- Needless to say I felt as though at the time, I wanted to turn around and change my major because of it, at the time I thought animal testing was bad and not something I wanted to be apart of.

Ivan Pavlov among all of them really got to me just because it had been testing on dogs, but of course this wasn't research that was current anyhow. I mean generally speaking because of Pavlov though, testing went around of such a sort that it even lead to humans being tested on(For this specific experiment). "The Little Albert Experiment" by John Watson, being example there. While some of the testing of Conditioning seems a bit of a repetitious thing that we should already get the idea of, it's helped a lot of people. Going a little further on human testing, there's also "The Bobo Doll Experiment" by Albert Bandura in the 60s. I mean, it's not even just animals tested on, I guess i'm trying to say. xD

Needless to say though, once I kept going further learning about the research, not letting that part of me with emotions get upset xD, I realized it is honestly necessary. It is -good-. Everything is humane now, in the United States anyhow. I can see early things as being cruel, just due to the improper conditions for animals, but not any more.

A necessary Evil, perhaps. But i'm a strong supporter of animal testing -and- human testing, where it can be used. It's everywhere! And it's helping millions. But I could care less about animal testing for cosmetics, I think it's silly, but I don't go out of my way to get things not tested on animals.
scooby2ooo

I certainly hope that somewhere in your house is a same sex friend for your rat, or i'm going to call animal cruelty on you for keeping in conditions worse than that of a Lab.

Did you know labs follow certain guidelines to keep animals nice, healthy, and socialized?

I"ve got 8 pet rats, I love each and every one of them, i'd never subject a single one of them to a solitary life of depression.
why cant we jst test meds on humans? We are all animals, and we are all equal

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

blue_eyed_cat776
[♫=♥]

I highly doubt you read the whole first post.
Jiti
blue_eyed_cat776
[♫=♥]

I mean if it's safe for animals, why cant we test on humans?

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

blue_eyed_cat776
Jiti
blue_eyed_cat776
[♫=♥]

[♫=♥]

Read the entire post to get some understanding of what goes on with animal testing. I'm sure it'll answer all of your questions.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

[♫=♥]

Read whole post then ask me questions.
animl testn iz wrung poor animlz dy evry day becuz of u u terrble persun! save teh animlz! i hop u burn in hellz u monsta! peta will heer about this.

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

11 Cardinal 11
animl testn iz wrung poor animlz dy evry day becuz of u u terrble persun! save teh animlz! i hop u burn in hellz u monsta! peta will heer about this.
[♫=♥]

omg all da animlz r bein liek killd omgz we must save dem!11!1!1!!

Devoted Inquisitor

blue_eyed_cat776
Jiti
blue_eyed_cat776
[♫=♥]

Not all of the tests done on animals are safe, of course.

There are also a lot of practical issues which make it impossible to do all of the testing we do on animals on humans, not to mention the ethical ones.
11 Cardinal 11

I think it's a joke post. lol My eyes burned, though.

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
~~

Jiti, Cardinal, you and other regulars always cheer me up XDD

Anyway..Kudos to the thread! Quite honestly...I have some sort of sleeping disorder, where unless I take my "sleepy medicine" I will not fall asleep. .__.

~~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces