Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ahh managed to take both girls on a hike together for the first time in probably a year! I usually take them separately because they can both be reactive and in general it's easier to deal with only one dog at a time. Anywho found an awesome place to hike and it's not to busy which is a plus! And the further down the trail you get the less people you run into so it was literally perfect for both girls! Of course we had to cut it short because we had to make it back for my parents to use the car, but it was fun none the less! Both girls got lots of compliments and despite her somewhat grey muzzle had Abby had a couple of ladies thinking she was a puppy and were shocked when I told them she's nearly 9! hehe

Both girls had their packs and carried their own gear which was nice and Abby got to finally try out her cool coat! Me thinks I might really need to invest n one for Karma soon as well!

User Image

User Image

wishing she could swim
User Image

User Image

Derp dog
User Image

quick look away!
User Image

User Image

Karma likes climbing things
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Anyway this summer a group of friends and I are renting dog friendly cabins in NC and will hopefully be going on tons of hikes! I seriously can not wait!
I love hiking with my dogs... best thing ever! I swear my dog was a mountain goat in a past life.

Do you take them off leash? Do you go to fairly public areas? I have a hard time finding places around here that doesn't have people at the entrance, but luckily it gets a little more private the farther down the trail or the more ascending you have to do. My dogs are just perfect off the leash until another dog comes around, then all bets are off. sad
Ailinea
I love hiking with my dogs... best thing ever! I swear my dog was a mountain goat in a past life.

Do you take them off leash? Do you go to fairly public areas? I have a hard time finding places around here that doesn't have people at the entrance, but luckily it gets a little more private the farther down the trail or the more ascending you have to do. My dogs are just perfect off the leash until another dog comes around, then all bets are off. sad

Depends on the situation. Abby does fine off leash so I have and do take her on off leash hikes granted the place we're at isn't to crowded and allows for offleash dogs. Karma on the other hand will likely always be leashed or at the very least on a long line because I don't trust her when it comes to other dogs... Generally the places we go to are pretty public and have a lot of foot traffic, but the place we went to today was pretty quiet and we only ran into a handful of people which was nice.

Devoted Inquisitor

It looks like you had a great time! They're really pretty dogs.
Great pictures! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The cabin this summer sounds like it is going to be a blast! I hope you're going to take lots of pictures!! blaugh
That's awesome! It looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff