Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Bud

Hello All. =]

I just wanted to post the journey my dog & I have been on. Its been long & hard, but its finally over with.
Its a long story, but I like to think its worth the read.
^^

5 years ago, my sisters dog, Oreo, passed away. So a week or two later she was ready for a new dog. We drove about an hour from where we lived to this really tiny down & drove up to this trailer. When we got out all these little puppies were running around & there was no fence, no one outside to watch them & the highway was less than half a block away. I was pretty upset when I seen that. Then I looked over to where all the puppies were running over to & there was their mom. Tied up outside, dirty as could be. I could hardly tell what her color was. It just didnt look like they took very good care of their dogs, I really hope that wasnt the case though. Anyway, we knocked on the door & the people answered & told us to take whatever puppy we wanted. My sister is looking at all the puppies & wasnt sure which one to pick, then she sees this big ball of fluff come from behind the trailer & instantly fell in love. She scooped him up, gave him kisses, baby talked him & was ready to go. On the way back home I couldnt help but think of all the other puppies that were there running around all by themselves. So the rest of that day, I begged & begged my mom to please let me go back & get at least one of them. The next day I got to go back & from the day before I knew which one I was going to take. The one that looked the most like the mom. So my sister got Mojo & I got Geisha. As time went on, we noticed Mojo had a small problem with aggression, we thought he would grow out of it & we were very wrong, it only got worse. He has bitten two people, luckily they didnt say or do anything.
Well a year after getting Mojo my sister got pregnant & didnt want Mojo around the baby. I completely understood. So she moved to live with her boyfriend & Mojo stayed with our mom. Some time went by & Geisha & I moved in with my boyfriend. His parents were not real big on letting Geisha come because she was a bigger dog, after getting to know her & how gentle she is, they fell in love with her. Geisha & I would still go stay with my mom quite a bit, almost every weekend & every time Id go there, Id take care of Mojo. He would stay in the room with me at night & I fed them both, took them both out, bathed them both. Id gotten very attached to Mojo.
So, this last November my family had to move from their home because they found out there was mold in the basement & with my grandpas health issues, he couldnt live there. They had to look for a new place. The only place that they could find did not allow animals. So my mom told me I need to figure out what to do with Mojo. I asked my boyfriends parents, if I could please keep him. I never lied to them. I told them, he is Geishas brother, he is big & he does have aggression problems. They told me no. They have 3 dogs & I have Geisha, which makes 4. That is the legal limit here where I live. The thing that got me was that My boyfriend, Geisha & I all lived in the basement. We rarely went upstairs, when we did it was to cook. We basically have our own apartment down here. So I thought, but were basically separated. So with only a week before my mom had to move, I still had no where to keep Mojo. I asked everyone I knew if they would help, but everyone was afraid of him. Finally, these people that I had only known a year told me I could keep him on their back porch that was screened in. They have 4 kids, 2 pugs, & a shar pei who is some what aggressive. I bawled when they told me I could keep him there until I figured out something else. So I took him there & it was rough at first. He kept getting out & I was terrified he would bite someone or even worse get hit by a car, they lived right on the highway. So he got out a couple of times & my friends would call me & I would race over there in my car. Luckily he never bit anyone or got hit. So after getting out multiple times, I called my mom & told her he wouldnt stay on the back porch. She told me to let him sleep in the jeep for one night & she would be there the next day to figure out something. So I layed my backseat down and filled it with blankets, pillows & water & food. Early the next morning I went over there & my mom met me there. She had brought a kennel. We stuck that on the back porch and layed lots of hay, blankets & pillows down. Mojo went in & layed down. So it was winter while all this went on & the nights were only getting colder. I would go over at least 2-3 times a day and spend an hour or longer with him. Take him on a walk, Id bring left over food with me. I got him all kinds of different toys & we would play. Then I would sit for a long time with him leaning on me & I would just talk to him, telling him it was ok, while rubbing his ears to warm them. After a couple of weeks, I realized how selfish I was being & I began contacting rescues. I called one & they told me they couldnt take him because of his aggression & they had kids running around there. (Its a rescue, not a day care) A couple of others that I called couldnt because they didnt have room. So I posted on Facebook & no replies. =[ So it was just Mojo & I. I would go over to see him at 6am. I had to get him fresh water every morning & every night because it would freeze while I was gone. I filled the water bowl with warm water hoping that it helped him warm up a little. I cried every single night. There was even nights where I couldnt go to sleep because I was so sad for him. I kept calling rescues & posting on Facebook but always got the same answer & there was NO WAY I was going to send him to a shelter, with him being a big black dog that is aggressive, no way. I know what would have happened.
Well anyway, when January came around, the weather was saying that it was going to be 20 below. Luckily, my boyfriends mom told me to go get him & bring him over but that he could only stay until the the storm was over & it warmed up a bit. A week went by & they didnt say anything. A month went by & they never said anything. I finally thought that everything was going to be ok. When April came around though, they told me he had to go. =[ I called my mom & we were back where we started. What do we do? My mom decided that she would take him home with her but that I had to figure out something. I had been trying over the last few months, trying to get a job, but it wasnt as easy as I thought. I live in a very small town & with the weather being as bad as it was, I couldnt get very far in my car, not to mention, it wasnt very reliable. So my mom risked losing her home & took Mojo to her house. A month went by & I had to figure out something. So I asked my boyfriends parents, if I pay you $400 a month, could I please keep my dog. They said yes & Mojo came back home. So I sold my Xbox 360 & my mom helped pay for some of it. Now I work small jobs, babysitting, cleaning, anything to make some money & my mom still helps with what she can. =]
Mojo is now a very happy dog. Ive had him long enough that we have been working on his aggression. He used to growl & bark when he seen people, even people he knew. Now, he is ready to meet them. He wants the attention that his sister gets. He wants to be loved by everyone. I even went to stay with my mom a couple of weeks ago & she had my nephew down to visit. I took Mojo & Geisha with me. & with lots of supervision & a muzzle I let Mojo meet my nephew. It was awesome. My nephew had Mojo sitting & speaking for him. After a couple of days with no problems at all. I took the muzzle off. My nephew was playing fetch with him & even getting kisses from Mojo. =] I wont ever feel totally comfortable with Mojo around my nephew, but I know he has changed. I feel like he knows, everything is ok now. There is nothing to be angry about, he knows that he is loved.
Anyway, thanks for reading. I just wanted to vent a little. Its been a very long long 8 months but we made it.

Rainbow Bud

Photos. =]

Geisha

User Image
User Image
User Image

Mojo

User Image
User Image
User Image

Both of my babies <3

User Image