Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Inquisitor

Miss Meow Meows
Latrans

She actually brightened up a lot... She runs around the living room and stuff so i think she was just scared.

That's awesome to hear!

Are you thinking you're just going to let it slide and see where it goes, or are you planning to be more proactive? :]

Tipsy Prophet

Latrans

I'm gonna let it slide. Shes perfectly fine c:

Devoted Inquisitor

Miss Meow Meows
Latrans

I'm gonna let it slide. Shes perfectly fine c:

Gosh I hope that works out for you--in my experience with fearful dogs, there's better approaches!

Good luck!

Aged Girl

Latrans
I'd take her back; that's not good behavior from a lab puppy. They should be bold and outgoing.

Hello
... Animal psychology interests me...

I've always thought that all creatures were beautifully unique in personality regardless of species.

There's always the odd one out in a family when it comes to personality, and I don't belief shyness in a young puppy should be considered completely undesirable or useless.

An animal that is unique in personality may take "a lot of work" in one person's view, but that useless/undesirable shy puppy will not likely become a guide dog or small business greeter but it may turn out to be a very wonderful companion.

If the owner is willing to put work into the puppy, i'm sure it'll blossom.

*insert more spiritual ugly-duckling-becoming-a-swan speeches*

heart

Fuzzy Strawberry

13,300 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You can also try contacting you vet for advice :3 If it doesn't clear up he may wanna try an anti anxiety till she gets use to her environment. Have you tried a thunder shirt? That may also make her feel better =)

Devoted Inquisitor

Nurse Kipsie
Latrans
I'd take her back; that's not good behavior from a lab puppy. They should be bold and outgoing.

Hello

I've always thought that all creatures were beautifully unique in personality regardless of species.

There's always the odd one out in a family when it comes to personality, and I don't belief shyness in a young puppy should be considered completely undesirable or useless.

An animal that is unique in personality may take "a lot of work" in one person's view, but that useless/undesirable shy puppy will not likely become a guide dog or small business greeter but it may turn out to be a very wonderful companion.

heart

Hi! I think it's morally wrong to pay money to a breeder that would sell a severely shy lab puppy like that without a lot of background given to the new owners. The person who got the puppy was obviously not expecting a shy dog, and they don't seem to have much interest in working to overcome it in the dog. It doesn't seem like a good match to me! biggrin If you're not super particular about the dog you're bringing home (which they're obviously not!) then I think it's morally wrong to buy a puppy from a terrible breeder rather than rescue one!

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Miss Meow Meows
Latrans

She actually brightened up a lot... She runs around the living room and stuff so i think she was just scared.

she may have just been nervous of being in a new home, or she may naturally be a fearful dog. just please keep an eye on her. having a fearful dog can be a lot of work. its wonderfly rewarding when your dog finally shows some progress but it can take years. just be careful and dont push your dog too much or your puppy could end up with a bite record

Eloquent Gawker

Nurse Kipsie
Latrans

Hello

heart

A dog hiding in a corner for days is far surpassing "shy" and is totally abnormal, especially for a breed that is supposed to be cheerful and outgoing. And the OP said all the puppies were like that. Further, again as someone with a fearful dog, a lot of work is a lot of work no matter what. And at stake is the mental health and potential life of the dog if the dog bites someone out of fear due to poor management.

The owner has also said that they are not going to put work into the puppy, and is just going to let the behavior slide. So there's also that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff