Welcome to Gaia! ::

Intellectual Abomination

~x~ We Want Old Rally/VH Back! ~x~

(I suck at formatting, so sorry about that. REMEMBER, you NEED to have the word 'SIGN' somewhere in your post, or I can't count it as a signature.)

Remember the 'good old days'...when you could CREATE your own rally/Virtual Hollywood rooms? When you could room-hop from one room to the next? When everyone wasn't packed into the room like sardines? Well, I remember it too, and if you agree that Rally should be returned to that golden state, then this is the thread for you.

The new Rally not only is cramped and difficult to navigate...but has also killed off a vibrant little group of racing enthusiasts. Having been apart of Gaia racing in it's prime, I can honestly say that it's a shame for the new Rally to have pushed these racing guilds/groups to (near?) extinction.

Races and Rally meets that could once be easily held and organized are now cumbersome and extremely awkward. With the old system, it took only minutes to write up in a forum post the room name that the meet/race would be held in, create the room, and then have the meeting. Now with the new system, you aren't even guaranteed that when you log in that you'll be in the same room/channel as any of the other members (necessitating that you friend EVERY. MEMBER, just so you can all be in the same room). And even if you are lucky enough to get into the same room, the meeting room is crammed full of other chatty Gaians (who are also taking up parking space that racers need) who make having an organized meeting extremely difficult.

This lunacy needs to be put to an end! The old system solved all of the problems stated above, and the new system merely complicates things unnecessarily. We must make our voices be heard! Please, throw in your hat and sign the petition below, and help us improve both Rally and VH...and as a result, improve Gaia as a whole.

TLDR : Rally/VH is really cramped and hard to navigate, and it's crushed the once vibrant micro-community of racing. This petition would change that.

Formally stated, this petition is to:

1) Reinstate the ability to create our own rooms in both Rally and Virtual Hollywood
2) Add the ability to 'room jump' from one room to the next.

If you decided to sign, great! Everyone who's written down their name so far I'm sure is thankful for your support. But hey, I understand if it's the other way around. If the above didn't serve to convince you that the new system is vastly insuperior to the old system, please comment below why you think so! I'd love to hear feedback, both positive and negative.

Also, feel free to stick around and chat/bump if you want (especially if you're an old racer! : D ). Invite friends to sign too! The more people we can get on board, the better. :3

Intellectual Abomination

~ John Hancocks ~

:Total So Far:

1) Welsh Heron
2) AlexAstro
3) Artielle
4) DarkIeer

5) Kono Katsu
6) The Duke Venomania
7) mixtures
8 ) lnsanitation
9) Great Lakes haze

10) bluegeam
11) Cream My Puffs
12) vvashtubs

Intellectual Abomination

~ Banners ~

Our miracle has arrived! We now have a loverly banner, all thanks to bluegeam

User Image

Intellectual Abomination

Reserved, just in case!

Quotable Conversationalist

Intellectual Abomination

AlexAstro
Bump~`

Heya! :3 Thanks for supporting. How are you today?

~*Bump*~

Missing Mittens
AlexAstro
Bump~`

Heya! :3 Thanks for supporting. How are you today?

~*Bump*~

I'm great, had a nice breakfast, went for a morning walk. So all is dandy. How about you?

Intellectual Abomination

AlexAstro
I'm great, had a nice breakfast, went for a morning walk. So all is dandy. How about you?

Ah, fantastic! I just got home from my classes. Did pretty well on a test, so that was exciting. Now just settling in to Gaia and homework.

BTW, I found this the other day...it's pretty interesting when you think about the psychology behind it: https://habitrpg.com/static/front

Missing Mittens
AlexAstro

Ah, fantastic! I just got home from my classes. Did pretty well on a test, so that was exciting. Now just settling in to Gaia and homework.

BTW, I found this the other day...it's pretty interesting when you think about the psychology behind it: https://habitrpg.com/static/front

Dat immersion.

In a relationship with SlingEX

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Welsh Heron has not posted stating he / she is signing, so please remove the name until they post stating they are.

Intellectual Abomination

Anne Packrat
Welsh Heron has not posted stating he / she is signing, so please remove the name until they post stating they are.

Oh, terribly sorry about that! My username for the last....5 years or so (my whole existence on the internet, basically) has been Welsh Heron...so I just wrote it down without a second thought. This is my secondary account.

Thank you for posting that...I would have never realized that I'd wrote that down. x_x

Also, now that you mention that, AlexAstro has not formally stated that she's signed either...I'll have her do that as well. Sorry for the mess-up...I'm kinda new at this. ^_^

Intellectual Abomination

AlexAstro

Hey, could I ask you to post, formally saying that you signed the petition? Just legalities, mostly. :3 If you changed your mind about signing, that's perfectly acceptable too.

Artielle

Hey, thanks for the support! I really appreciate it. Hopefully, we'll soon have a signature banner or something. If you bump into anyone else who starts ranting about the old rallies, you know where to send 'em. ;D

Canny Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I sign my gods, do I sign.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash