Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gifting someone a quest items is, to me, one of the most satisfying feelings that can be had on Gaia; knowing that not only were you able to give that person something to smile about but you know that that item will go to a good and welcomed home.

I feel that Gaia could benefit from a Wishlist/Questing List search, something that runs very similarly to the way the marketplace does but instead of doing a search for a particular item within one's store, it would scan a Questing List. It could even be made an alternate tab in the marketplace since our personal wishlists already appear on the marketplace home page.

Ideally we would type in the search bar the item we have to donate and a list pretty much identical to what we see when searching to buy an item will come up, but instead of being able to click buy, we can click gift or even a "donate" button where we can just donate some gold towards the cause.

The only problem I can see with this is that gaians might stuff their Questing List in hopes of getting whatever is being handed out. To prevent this, again much like the marketplace only allows us to sell 20 items at a time, we can only be allowed to add a limited # of items to our wishlist (Personally I think 5 is more than enough). We'll still have the wishlists we've currently built (the ones linked to many of our profiles) but there will be a seperate.... "Questing List" list that runs through the Marketplace where we can add the items we are currently pursuing the most.

It is clear from the many Giveaway threads in Chatterbox (more being unsuccessful at drawing a crowd than not)that Gaians are actively seeking a new way to be charitable and help out their fellow Gaian. I believe this is a method that can do just that while increasing productive and satisfying gifting and making Gaia a warmer environment than it already is.

Lavish Giver

I would like to see this actually happen...since most of my wishlist items are way way way expensive sweatdrop . And I rarely have the chance to buy gaia cash, which seems like if you have gaia cash you can basically be rich...and have ridiculously priced items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff