Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe that Booty Grab should be fixed with all/most of the suggestions in this thread?

Yes! 0.9179366940211 91.8% [ 1566 ]
No! 0.082063305978898 8.2% [ 140 ]
Total Votes:[ 1706 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 75 76 77 > >>

Sparkly Codger

10,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
YES!!! 3nodding

I agree with MaiLinna and I am signing this petition to save Booty Grab.

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Sakura Parfait
MiakaYuuki78
zariqueen

Nope, it doesn't. But it does give her at least somewhat of a better insight than almost all of the rest of us, who are either clueless or know only the smallest basics about economics.

Pan is no economist. He's a developer/programmer.He cannot understand the deeper implications of the changes he's enacted until after they've affected the site. This latest scramble to fix/change tings in PhinPhang is one of the more obvious backlashes of such ignorance.

Again, Gaia really needs to hire someone who has professional gaming AND ECONOMICS savvy. And it'll never happen.

If I'm remembering correctly, a developer mentioned that Gaia had an economist working for them. Although I could be remembering wrong. And I'm too lazy to even begin to find the post since I don't even remember what developer had said it.

Sagger-AT3

Quote:
Hi, I'm Sagger, Gaia's staff economist. I've been around Since 2007, and for a while I worked on economy related issues such as inflation (defining, measuring, controlling), gold grant balancing, bot prevention, etc. These days I have a day job, but I still do contract work for Gaia, analyzing data in fancy ways. My day job is in business analytics: I help businesses design ways to collect and analyze data so they can make informed business decisions. From pricing screws and washers, through recommendation system for software, automating survey analysis, predicting server crashes, and on and on...

3nodding

Thank you for bringing that to light, Sakura! Yep, Gaia doesn't have a full time/dedicated Economist...which they need BADLY right now. Like Pauvre and Mitasaron said, the Gaian economy is really effed up right now. And it's time that Gaia and ignorant Gaians STOPPED blaming BG/aquariums (and zOMG) for their purported woes. RIGs (and rapid EIs) and greedy sellers are the main reason for such. Call a spade a spadel quit diverting the blame!

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
MiakaYuuki78

I appreciate your feedback, but I must definitely disagree.

1. It is simply not fair. They implement a 1:1 ratio, but take it away by adding a bonus that only the player gets.

2. Not at all. It's a total rip-off. If the fish inside were a little better, or at least the odds were a little better for getting good fish, it wouldn't be as bad. I love grab bags, too, but not when you mostly get crap.

3. Yes.

4. I don't mean "bad" fish in general, I mean the really really really crappy fish shouldn't be the only ones available for gold. Again, not fair.

5. It really hasn't helped the inflation at all. Everything still costs 8567756854 million gold.

6. As a BGer, and hopefully a tank owner, do you understand how much time it takes to stalk your glows? It's ridiculous! All that time you could have spent with your family, working extra hours, etc...it's sad...

7. True.

8. It's not right, it is not moral.

Of course not. I have been making most of my money by purchasing items on sale in the Exchange, then selling them at the lowest MP in the MP, actually. Also, I have had art shops. So, no, I do not use the Aquariums as my main source of income. I am only using the Aquarium income to help me upgrade to another Aquarium. (Alpha Grams to Lawnsharks, Lawnsharks to Gwees. But I'm stuck with my Lawnsharks because I'm not breaking even right now.)

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Sakura Parfait
jellykans
MiakaYuuki78
I've taken a college course on economics

I've had 9 units of econ

9 units of economics class does not make you an expert in economics, especially if those 9 units are lower-division, undergraduate courses.

If you look closely, you'll see they have both said they took classes on economics, so please do not start drama here, or you will be promptly kicked.

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
iRhei
I'm pretty sure there's a way to find out whether your tank is glowing or not.
Either you use an analyzer or activate the glow indicator in Gaia Labs. I personally use the Gaia Booty Grab Glow Indicator.

We know when our tanks glow. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
What we want is ADVANCED notice. So we don't sit around on the computer all day waiting for our analyzers to say "This tank is glowing."

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
pauvre matou
mitasaron

Goberment must buy the wheat or the oil to offer to people at accesible prices. Here Gaia only need to multiple the pixels numbers and inflation is over. So if inflation remains our "Goberment in this Gaia world" must be interested to remain.

Gaia created the problem when they introduced RIGs, and they are trying to make someone else pay for the solution.

Yup Yup.

8,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
MaiLinna
pauvre matou
mitasaron

Goberment must buy the wheat or the oil to offer to people at accesible prices. Here Gaia only need to multiple the pixels numbers and inflation is over. So if inflation remains our "Goberment in this Gaia world" must be interested to remain.

Gaia created the problem when they introduced RIGs, and they are trying to make someone else pay for the solution.

Yup Yup.

I love this thread! User Image

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
MaiLinna
MiakaYuuki78

1. It is simply not fair. They implement a 1:1 ratio, but take it away by adding a bonus that only the player gets.

2. Not at all. It's a total rip-off. If the fish inside were a little better, or at least the odds were a little better for getting good fish, it wouldn't be as bad. I love grab bags, too, but not when you mostly get crap.

3. Yes.

4. I don't mean "bad" fish in general, I mean the really really really crappy fish shouldn't be the only ones available for gold. Again, not fair.

5. It really hasn't helped the inflation at all. Everything still costs 8567756854 million gold.

6. As a BGer, and hopefully a tank owner, do you understand how much time it takes to stalk your glows? It's ridiculous! All that time you could have spent with your family, working extra hours, etc...it's sad...

7. True.

Of course not. I have been making most of my money by purchasing items on sale in the Exchange, then selling them at the lowest MP in the MP, actually. Also, I have had art shops. So, no, I do not use the Aquariums as my main source of income. I am only using the Aquarium income to help me upgrade to another Aquarium. (Alpha Grams to Lawnsharks, Lawnsharks to Gwees. But I'm stuck with my Lawnsharks because I'm not breaking even right now.)

Some of that I can agree to disagree with, but I did want to respond to a few things

1. According to Pan "Reduced payout of all fish by 4x, and increased player/owner ratio to 1:1 to compensate" (from this thread) So, before the change owners got 1/4 of whatever the players grabbed. With the change, they made it so that fish dropped 1/4 what they used to, but owners got whatever the grabbers grabbed, so the owner payout is still the same as it used to be. Maybe a little lower, but not much.

5. It's going to take some time to see the changes this will bring to the MP. It will take a couple of months, at least.

6. The point of BG was never supposed to be to stalk your glows. Yes, it sucks trying to make a profit off your tank, I get that, but if you don't want to stalk your glows, don't. I do understand where you're coming from on this, as I would have loved this once upon a time, but it would add a lot more gold to the economy, which means even more inflation. Of course you can ask for it if you want, but there was once a way to do that and Gaia put a stop to it, because they didn't think that was how the game was meant to be played. So I don't think they'll ever do it.

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
pauvre matou
MaiLinna
pauvre matou
mitasaron

Yup Yup.

I love this thread! User Image

And this thread and I both love you! heart

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
MiakaYuuki78
MaiLinna
MiakaYuuki78

3. Yes.

7. True.

Some of that I can agree to disagree with, but I did want to respond to a few things

1. According to Pan "Reduced payout of all fish by 4x, and increased player/owner ratio to 1:1 to compensate" (from this thread) So, before the change owners got 1/4 of whatever the players grabbed. With the change, they made it so that fish dropped 1/4 what they used to, but owners got whatever the grabbers grabbed, so the owner payout is still the same as it used to be. Maybe a little lower, but not much.

5. It's going to take some time to see the changes this will bring to the MP. It will take a couple of months, at least.

6. The point of BG was never supposed to be to stalk your glows. Yes, it sucks trying to make a profit off your tank, I get that, but if you don't want to stalk your glows, don't. I do understand where you're coming from on this, as I would have loved this once upon a time, but it would add a lot more gold to the economy, which means even more inflation. Of course you can ask for it if you want, but there was once a way to do that and Gaia put a stop to it, because they didn't think that was how the game was meant to be played. So I don't think they'll ever do it.

1. That "little lower" change has made it so we cannot afford to keep restocking our tanks. We are not breaking even at all.

5. No, it will not change at all. I pray that you do not become someone with governmental power, because once inflation strikes, you will cut all our wages and say "Oh, problem solved. Starve for a few years and die off, then see if the prices went down."

6. BG has changed. The "point" of it has changed. Why can't we keep the fun going? No, it will not cause inflation. It never has. RIGs are the cause of inflation.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
MaiLinna

1. That "little lower" change has made it so we cannot afford to keep restocking our tanks. We are not breaking even at all.

5. No, it will not change at all. I pray that you do not become someone with governmental power, because once inflation strikes, you will cut all our wages and say "Oh, problem solved. Starve for a few years and die off, then see if the prices went down."

6. BG has changed. The "point" of it has changed. Why can't we keep the fun going? No, it will not cause inflation. It never has. RIGs are the cause of inflation.

1. People weren't breaking even before the change, either. So that's nothing new. Tanks were only really profitable when they first came out.

5. Actually, the way to combat inflation in the real word is by decreasing the amount of money banks can loan out by increasing the reserve requirement of banks and increasing the Discount rate and by decreasing government spending. (Yes, I know a little about economics). This is not the real world. We have no banks. Therefore the only way to combat inflation here is to decrease the gold supply. This can be done by affective gold sinks, decreasing the amount of gold entering the system, or a combination of both.

6. Please PLEASE explain to me how CIs have caused inflation, but BG has not. Yes, the items have sellback values, but I'm pretty damn sure that that does not compare to the amount of gold that is made in BG each day. I'm not saying that the CI items aren't playing their part in inflation, but they are not the sole, or even main, cause of inflation.

Dapper Phantom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

I agree, so I sign.

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
MaiLinna

DO NOT SIGN WITH YOUR MULE!!!

If you agree with everything you saw (on page one), please sign the petition below. In your post, copy and paste this following text:

I agree with MaiLinna and I am signing this petition to save Booty Grab.

Harvey_Kinkle's Spouse

Animal Lover

MiakaYuuki78

1. People weren't breaking even before the change, either. So that's nothing new. Tanks were only really profitable when they first came out.

Wrong. 16 mil of what my tank has made was before "the change", and that was a Lawnshark tank, countless hours of promo and loyal thread bumpers.
And, no, that was NOT with zombie fish. My zombies were all the previous tank (Watermeats), which resided with Barrett.

Harvey_Kinkle's Spouse

Animal Lover

MaiLinna

1. I like the idea of a 1:1 ratio, but I believe that both tank owners should receive the player bonus if there is one. Make the player bonus maybe a one-in-four chance, and let both the play and the tank owner enjoy the boosted profit. If you don't, it is not truly a 1:1 ratio, making it false advertising.

3. PLEASE fix the glitches you are STILL ignoring: The "two item" glitch, the "already playing another game" glitch, and the glitch where fish go out of bounds of the tank. It's been two years guys...please fix them.

5. Don't mess with the gold coin payout to reduce lag - please do it some other way. Like Matou said: If we can reduce most lag ourselves, why can't you figure out how to do it better?

8. If my store in real life operated the same way Gaia did, the Better Business Bureau would have shut me down the first week I opened: Who else but Gaia can get away with selling their product to eager customers, then going behind their backs and ruining said product and making it worthless? Please, stop doing this, Gaia. People are quitting Gaia and cancelling Auto Cash because of it.

I'd like to add......we need those thread bumps. Without bumps, we have fewer players. With fewer players, we can not replace fish in our tanks with high droppers. Ultimately....no more BG.

I think some people are still under the impression that tank owners make as much as the player receives. Incorrect.

And, keep in mind, that player bonus that you get now will soon disappear.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff