Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe that Booty Grab should be fixed with all/most of the suggestions in this thread?

Yes! 0.9179366940211 91.8% [ 1566 ]
No! 0.082063305978898 8.2% [ 140 ]
Total Votes:[ 1706 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 75 76 77 > >>

Harvey_Kinkle's Spouse

Animal Lover

I agree with MaiLinna and I am signing this petition to save Booty Grab.

Look at my tank. My last glow had FOUR players, Gaia, thankyouverymuch. I'm *this* close to pulling all my fish and saying the hell with it.

Antique Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Divine 250

Quotable Conversationalist

15,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I agree with MaiLinna and I am signing this petition to save Booty Grab !!

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Keira Laoch

Look at my tank. My last glow had FOUR players, Gaia, thankyouverymuch. I'm *this* close to pulling all my fish and saying the hell with it.

I already did, babes.

9,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MaiLinna
The Petition

1. MaiLinna
  2. DooplissFan101
  3. Ame no Yanagi
  4. xxbitchmonster
  5. Mitzar
  6. zariqueen
  7. Ruby_MISSFortune
  8. Windi43
  9. bobloon
  10. Humphreypoptart
  11. Fred66
  12. Nashoba1
  13. Miss_Green94
  14. Creepy Kuro Neko
  15. IanLeGrunny
  16. Moonlight Splendor
  17. Cerebus05
  18. x-Kenna-Bear-x
  19. Felinophile
  20. blackaddersfork
  21. MuyamiKasai
  22. Forgotten_insanity13
  23. Ix-Kiwi-xI
  24. Angeni1
  25. Mikeguin8
  26. pauvre matou
  27. LilinFeatherwise
  28. MystiMcMuffin
  29. cutester
  30. In All Reality
  31. Bluebelle Babe
  32. Sturdie
  33. lanie100
  34. FAIRY SEEKER
  35. ~[P]urdy [P]ossum [P]ie~
  36. dogsbodybaldric
  37. Pirate Dirge
  38. Blood Pop
  39. Dread-Pirate-Isaac
  40. Lust Bites
  41. -la fleur noire-
  42. Robexa Nebulon
  43. Unicorn Lady 2
  44. Alcide de Wolf
  45. shamantra
  46. SoraOfTheDesert
  47. aryanayushi
  48. MrTemptation
  49. chiisai-akanbo
  50. Kwycksylver
  51. Peachy_Girl_Momo
  52. jellykans
  53. quirkyone
  54. Mysterykeshi
  55. kittycross
  56. Ping of Death
  57. Usagi_Shiro
  58. Blood Stained H3art
  59. xXx Dangereuse xXx
  60. xx_Crazeey_Cookee_xx
  61. TruuBluu
  62. Flarya
  63. Akki Koshaku
  64. Dee Dee Steele
  65. Gorgeous Gift Fairy
  66. OkamiAngels
  67. Reve Casse
  68. xXCrimson_WolfXx
  69. khandley
  70. Madame MaJi
  71. TruBluSparkle
  72. sandcoffin1994
  73. aboriginal_kumquat
  74. PsychoSixteen
  75. G u M m Y x B e A r x
  76. Baby Princess Belle
  77. Multimorph
  78. Midnight Maskerade
  79. lycanleech
  80. oo_fiona_oo
I wuvu_hellokitty

5,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Territorial Star

_____
          I never invested into a tank to make money myself. Though when I first started Gaia (it was about the same time Dolphinmania was around) I really got into BG. It was a relatively easy way for me to make some money and afford the things I wanted. Oddly enough, though I know some people consider using booty grab to get money as "work" I found it easy and quite enjoyable. So after Dolphinmania was shut down, (which I'm sure was for reasons that are just as absurd as the same reasons being used to explain the "necessary changes" to BG now) I lost quite a bit of interest in the game. I found hunting for tanks that were glowing in the Aquarium thread to be an extreme amount of effort, and was a bit pointless if I'd look for hours and find five tanks, usually less. After that, I simply stopped playing.
          That was about a year ago and now knowing about the changes on BG, aquarium fish etc. I stumbled across a glowing tank full of dolphins. Normally I wouldn't have bothered if it was any other kind of tank but I guess I sort of had a nostalgia moment. Needless to say it was quite possibly the worst experience I've had with BG. Worse than manually having to look for tanks in forums.
          The gold had been nerfed considerably, and the amount of gold that was dropping was at an incredibly slow pace that it made the game boring. I found myself actually dreading if I hit a time increase, and hoping to the Good Lord that the game would pass a time decrease my way to, and I'm quoting an earlier signer here, "end the game ASAP."
          And the so called "inflation" that everybody complained about? It has not lessened, if anything, it's gotten worse. I also find it a tad funny that the only fish Gaia offered for gold in the shops were fish that nobody wanted.
          Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about but I do know that BG completely blows now and though I may not play it anymore, I understand there are quite a few people that have put a lot of time, effort, and money into their own tanks only to be ripped off in the end. Either way, I hope this petition goes somewhere. You have my signature.

8,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
MaiLinna

I already signed. Just want to say that I have just been running my tank only on weekends (when there are the most players), and even with 200 plays and top 1% ranking, my tank still loses money.

If there is a Boycott, you can count me in.

♪♫♬ Oh would you like to swing on a star,

Carry moonbeams home in a jar, ♪♫♬

♪♫♬ And be better off than you are,

Or would you rather own a tank? ♪♫♬
User Image

Harvey_Kinkle's Spouse

Animal Lover

pauvre matou
MaiLinna

I already signed. Just want to say that I have just been running my tank only on weekends (when there are the most players), and even with 200 plays and top 1% ranking, my tank still loses money.

User Image

This.

heart

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
pauvre matou
MaiLinna

User Image

Did I mention I love you? XD I'm sorry, but may I please post this on the first page? It's too cute!

8,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
MaiLinna
pauvre matou
MaiLinna

User Image

Did I mention I love you? XD I'm sorry, but may I please post this on the first page? It's too cute!

Just don't credit me - wouldn't want to get banned for copywright infringement.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't sign but you asked for feedback:

And first of let me say I agree with the spirit of your petition, just not the wording and implementation. I do agree further adjustment to the fish / bg situation is necessary to make it workable for all.

I don't have a problem with the 1:1 ratio as long as ultimately the cost of fish and the gold they provide the tank owners works out to be a net profit for the tank owners. Panagrammic has stated he feels tank owners should be able to turn a profit. I don't feel we are there yet in terms of costs vs gold produced.

Gaia has already stated they are adjusting BG to reduce the overall gold dumped into the community. Sooo, you are not going to see gold back up to players (with or without 1:1) and asking them to get rid of 1:1 just screws over the tank owners.

I disagree with boycotting glows and glow bump threads. It is counterproductive because it:
1. Drives away more tank owners - possibly to the point Gaia says, "Oh, not that many people interested anyway so why bother fixing it?"

2. Screws over existing tank owners
I participated in the 'great aquarium strike' last year but those of us who did put our fish in the freezer so while we were giving up gold each day at least are fish were not aging.

3. Screws with Panagrammic's efforts to try to make booty grab work.
Pan has been observing stats on what tank owners and players are earning and made some adjustments based on that. A boycott on playing will (IMO) just muddy the stats without really doing anything to strong arm Gaia into giving you what you want.

You are not going to get 'Same as it ever was' even if you hold your breath until you turn blue.
My advice is to accept the lower overall payout but work with Gaia (mostly Panagrammic) achieve a situation where tank owners can turn a profit and players can at least make a decent amount of gold - probably still more than they can doing most other things on Gaia. The alternative is likely the demise of booty grab.

Also - you might move the 'meat' of the actual partition up near the top of post 1.
I had to scroll down through song lyrics and a bunch of comments to find the actual petition.
IMO - petition first, followed by supporting comments.

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
David2074

I said the 1:1 ratio is fine, but it needs to stay 1:1 and it needs to turn out a real profit.

Inflation was not caused by Booty Grab, it was caused by rigs. Everyone knows that.

Every day that we let our fish sit there and be played (or not), we are losing every dime we put into them. So why not freeze them and wait until we can turn a profit?

I moved the comments.

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
pauvre matou
MaiLinna

User Image

Yep, I already signed too...

But like Pauvre said... if a boycott happens, I am SO IN ON IT. Like a lightning bolt. burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff