- Posted: Thu, 05 May 2011 21:45:00 +0000
♪♫♬ Oh would you like to swing on a star,
Carry moonbeams home in a jar, ♪♫♬
♪♫♬ And be better off than you are,
Or would you rather own a tank? ♪♫♬
This is not a debate thread. Either you sign it, or you suggest some amendments and discuss them with me, and then you sign. DO NOT post in this thread with the sole purpose of calling out any of my regulars, OR to justify an ignored/banned Gaian. If you can't follow these simple rules, the door is just a few steps away. Thank you for your time.
Please, before you vote, at least voice your opinions or give me suggestions to make this a better petition. DO NOT just hit the </3 button without telling me why.
DO NOT SIGN WITH YOUR MULE!!!
Not everyone wants to pay to play. Gaia is (ideally) a free site, but now with Booty Grab changes you are forcing people to pay to play. They cannot make any money unless they buy cash shop items and sell them for gold, because they can no longer afford anything with the new payouts of Booty Grab or zOMG!
I have been reading many, many comments about the Aquarium changes, of which I was very excited for, but I am a little disappointed with how everything happened.
A little loud, yes, but straight to the point. I have seen more and more Gaians leave now because of all the aforementioned reasons. Now, none of us want to see more people quitting Gaia. I am trying to keep Gaia in business. Here are some suggestions we have to fix Booty Grab and bring people back to Gaia:
1. I like the idea of a 1:1 ratio, but I believe that both tank owners should receive the player bonus if there is one. Make the player bonus maybe a one-in-four chance, and let both the play and the tank owner enjoy the boosted profit. If you don't, it is not truly a 1:1 ratio, making it false advertising.
2. Thank you for bringing back the Dolphins and such, though we would still really like to see the strike packs broken up. Not gone, we just want the fish available separately, also.
3. PLEASE fix the glitches you are STILL ignoring: The "two item" glitch, the "already playing another game" glitch, and the glitch where fish go out of bounds of the tank. It's been two years guys...please fix them.
4. Break up the Strike Packs. Heck, get rid of all the bad fish in the strike packs. We only want the big money fish, like Stone Coatls and Airsharks, and you would sell more if you sold them separately, even for Gaia Cash, than if you keep them in Strike packs.
5. Don't mess with the gold coin payout to reduce lag - please do it some other way. Like Matou said: If we can reduce most lag ourselves, why can't you figure out how to do it better?
6. I am so sick and tired of stalking my tank of hours before work only to leave and find out it glowed twice while I was gone, then glowed again while I was making dinner or posting a novel in a roleplay thread! For the love of all that's fishy, please, find some way to alert us and tell us when our tanks will glow!
7. Please communicate with us better. Tell us which fish are good, which are bad, which you are going to nerf, and please, PLEASE answer our complaints and pleas for help!
8. If my store in real life operated the same way Gaia did, the Better Business Bureau would have shut me down the first week I opened: Who else but Gaia can get away with selling their product to eager customers, then going behind their backs and ruining said product and making it worthless? Please, stop doing this, Gaia. People are quitting Gaia and cancelling Auto Cash because of it.
9. Monthly collectibles cost $2.50 to purchase. They are available only during that month, and they are one of a kind. Yet Dolphins are $5.00 to purchase, and they go away after a couple months. They die. They vanish. Once they're used, they're gone. How is that fair? I would like to see the prices of individual fish go down.
Now, to my fellow Gaians:
If you agree with most/some of the points you saw above, please, sign the petition below. In your post, copy and paste this text:
I agree with MaiLinna and I am signing this petition to save Booty Grab.