Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remove offers from GaiaOnline?

YES !! 0.84118333982094 84.1% [ 17288 ]
I'm fine with them 0.15881666017906 15.9% [ 3264 ]
Total Votes:[ 20552 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 809 810 811 > >> >>> »|

I am SO signing this.

I means, seriously, what Gaia did is very wrong, plus they putted lot of the users into dangers, or paying bills, and having computers being infected with the viruses. talk2hand

Also, since that people can get free cash, I can see inflations happens in Marketplace a LOT now.

This is total bullshit, Gaia. neutral

-sign this petition-
I was going to make a petition about just this. This 'offers' page is ridiculous. It's dangerous, because not everyone is aware that these offers can cause identity theft, unwanted credit card/debit card charges, virus's, adware, and malaware from going to these malicious sites, and even PROMOTE lawsuits and identity theft, as kids are likely to steal their parents debit and credit cards in a desperate attempt to get gaia cash - and rack up bills they're parents won't find out about until later. Even if this doesn't happen, most of Gaia are younger kids - they don't read fine print very well, they don't understand big company "terms" and they don't realize what they're getting into with they're prepaid allowance card. They give out their address and email and phone number, and get hundreds of spam calls, spam emails, and junk mail. This may even lead to lawsuits to Gaia as Gaia could be seen as targeting children in an inappropriate way.

WHAT THE ******** was Gaia thinking? This needs taken off IMMEDIATELY!

This truly shows that Gaia does not care about it's users. Gaia needs to re-think where it's going, and fast.

I SIGN! And please post this on the first page.

Wealthy Millionaire

11,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Millionaire 200
Oh hell I sign in big bold red letters!
I will certainly sign this and repost something I said in another board referring to the viruses these things give.

I also would like to ask you add this to the front page, begin it is from someone with pervious past experience with these things.

Dio Costantine

Gaia has officially gone down the crapper for a few bucks.

They say they 'care about it's members' excuse me but BULLSHIT. They are now using their precious members personal information just to get more money out of them without having to hear them complain about how money hungry they are. But now they will be betting a new complaint that should much more people angry.

I have seen these offers before on another site i am part of, I will admit I did one or two of them as they were nothing but simply one question 'surveys'. I used my fake name though I foolishly used my real address and was forced to give my email that was linked to the account luckily it is one I rarely use(At this pint I CAN"T use it anyway) And one of these 'free offers' is nothing but Spams Galore and not just to your email but to your phone and YES your home address. luckily I those surveys were the only ones I did, I'll be moving soon and thank god for the "do not call" registry.

Even worse many of these offers or for CREDIT CARDS, more and more younger users are joing this site and can't get their parents to buy them cash and when they see they can get $7.50 in cash they will think little of applying for one of these 'harmless' credit cards which will haunt them. Compared to all that viruses and spyware/adware/trojins are nothing... except those that steal personal information but there is little point to it when you already gave it out.

The moral of the story: DO NOT COMPLETE THESE 'FREE GAIA CASH' OFFERS.

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
A big, huge hell yes! Sign me up for this offer.
★ Toxic Friday ★

Gaia was already falling apart, this just made it worse.

I sign!

signing.

I knew gaia was selling out, with all the mtv crap, the movie plugs and the gaia cash in the first place, but this is just outrageous. When you throw your loyal trusting userbase to the wolves like this, it is despicable. Wonder if this kind of tactic is damaging enough to merit legal action? I am sure there will be a LOT of pissed parents of trusting kids who just get plagued by these viruses.

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Ugh, I sign.

Honestly, I don't mind the offers. I'd just rather that sponsors in the future don't require your SSN, and don't fill your computer to the brim with viruses. "Don't link to malware! But if you click on this malware, you get some shiny Gaia Cash!" Bullshit that you're prioritizing your users. Just how bad is the economy affecting you, that you're sponsoring sites that will infect your users with viruses?
I moderately disagree.

This brings in valuable money for them.

In addition.
Malware stuff will probably be removed quickly. Although I think it was a GIGANTIC folly for them not to remove the malware first.

Although the spam stuff sucks, it's your prerogative. There should be more of a warning to applying to some of the stuff, but many places use it, and I don't really see the problem.
signed. 3nodding

User Image
SEXUAL ✿ » SEXUALCOUTURESEXUALCOUTURE
SEXUAL❀ ✿ » SEXUALCOUTURESEXUALCOUTURE

Thank you for your feedback and signatures everyone!
                          (:

It's definitely appreciated.

@@Dio ;; You spoke words that just about put this whole situation into a bottle. (:
                          People need to learn from your mistake (no offense) from what these 'offers' will do.
                          The economy most definitely is pretty shitty right now, but going low to be with the economy is just wrong.
                          I put your quote on the front page(:

@@Koko ;; Gaia just needs to actually listen to their users for once. ;l

SEXUAL ✿ » SEXUALCOUTURESEXUALCOUTURE
SEXUAL❀ ✿ » SEXUALCOUTURESEXUALCOUTURE

Eloquent Cat

12,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Put my name up there, guys!
And I maaaay make a banner.

O.G. GO

8,800 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Brandisher 100
Signed happily as a computer geek who has had to deal with spyware far too many times on my family's and friends' computers due to s**t like this.

Seriously, Gaia. You're turnin' into a flake. God help us Gaians. :/
Psychedelic Psycho <-Username mispelled.... and I go by PANDA

~Panda has signed the petition~
User Image
I'll sign, Gaia was once a good site, now it just seem like its money grubbing...
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces