Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think it was wrong of Gaia to copy and alter an independent artist's creative property for commercial purposes?

Yes 0.74271990393275 74.3% [ 2474 ]
No 0.25728009606725 25.7% [ 857 ]
Total Votes:[ 3331 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 213 214 215 > >> >>> »|

I sign.
This isn't fair to Andrew Hussie at all, especially since GAIA is the one making money.
This is just not right, just because Homestuck is a small but popular webcomic, they should not take advantage of this. It is wrong and unjust to Hussie and the contributors.And this isn't the only copyrighted creation that has been taken without consent, so hopefully this shall be the start of them seeing they shouldn't try stealing ideas. I sign.

Fashionable Lunatic

6,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I SIGN. As an avid homestuck reader and someone aware of the costs of funding a high traffic website, I find it extremely wrong of gaia to have stolen Mr. Hussie's intellectual property without his knowledge or consent.

Shade

I'll sign, but to a degree.

I understand Hussie's feelings about this kind of thing. However, some disagreements are held up about this.

Removing ALL counts of Homestuck stuff needs to be properly identified.

A record and a blue atom are common symbols used all over. The zodiac mood bubbles are also not infringements, colors or not.

John and Rose's mood bubbles, however, are infringements, as well as (I'll admit) a few of the candy corn horns. Only a few though, since most are recolors of the ones we already have and have had before Homestuck's Hivebent even occurred.

The items that came from RIGs, yes, take out, since profit was earned.

However, the horns I'm going to have to put my neck out and say that no profit means no go on the bandwagon.

So while I do sign, please take note and at least acknowledgement of my stance on this issue.

zeldadweeb's Waifu

Fluffy Fatcat

I'M SIGNING THIS PETITION. SMOOTH MOVE GAIA.
Signing the everlovin' ******** outta this

Trash Witch

Leothalis v2
Bugger this.

If Hussie wanted them removed, then he'd most likely involve himself in the matter.
I haven't heard anything on the matter aside from probably a bit of debate when the mood bubbles came out.

Time's elapsed, nothing's happened to them, and I don't think anything well.

I LIKE my mood bubbles that hint to HS. I don't want them taken away because someone who ISN'T Hussie gets up in arms over it.

I couldn't agree more.

If Hussie isn't actively pursuing this, I don't see why people need to get their knickers in a twist over it.
Leothalis v2
Bugger this.

If Hussie wanted them removed, then he'd most likely involve himself in the matter.
I haven't heard anything on the matter aside from probably a bit of debate when the mood bubbles came out.

I LIKE my mood bubbles that hint to HS. I don't want them taken away because someone who ISN'T Hussie gets up in arms over it.

Actually, he has. He's mentioned it on his blog. http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/
You don't have to sign, but that's Hussie's stance on the matter.

I sign.

Divine Seraph

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Leothalis v2
Bugger this.

Except that Halftruth, Hussies girlfriend and person who handles some of Hussies affairs, has emailed Gaia about this in the past when the mood bubbles came out. This is not some outdated ordeal. This is not some situation where the author is unaware or uncaring. Gaia never responded in the past, so clearly attention needs to be brought to it here on Gaia.

It doesn't matter if you like your items. It was publicly stated by the artist that he does not want people to use derivatives of his work for profit without express permission. That never happened.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff