Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Quantity Philosopher's Cache Petition

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/quantity-philosopher-s-cache-petition/t.91735583/][img]http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b503/MaecheMaeche/CachePetition_zpsab698c81.png[/img][/url]

As a returning Gaian I've wanted many times to try Alchemy but it was always a bit daunting, but I've finally given it a go. Its a great gold sink, its fun, challenging, and just overall a really interesting system for those that can get into it. Aside from a few minor issues I have, namely certain items becoming hyper-inflated from being used in alchemy and having no constant source to replenish supplies,
            I only have one major issue with Alchemy. Philosopher's Caches.

Use the term "I sign" "I am signing" "you have my signature" to clarify you are signing. Although I understand other terms for signing and I get what your saying, for the sake of all of the signatures being legitimate I'm only taking those that have the word "sign" somewhere in them clearly.

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

The Problem

EDIT:
            Gaia has begun offering bundled caches in Bifrost which I am more than pleased about. Although many of my other suggestions have not been realized, I am relatively happy with the current state of philosopher caches. However, it won't hurt to ask for a few more tweaks to perfect the system even more. That being said, I am happy with the current state of things

I'm going to leave my original math below because although the issue doesn't cover buying caches from Bifrost, the issues of buying and selling among users still hold true.

The amount of time it takes to open caches is just ridiculous.

Just take making a philosopher's stone. The required ingredients from cache's including all components that need to be made, also from cache items is 450. Meaning 450 caches are required at a minimum to get all the ingredients ignoring the fact that some caches are rarer than others. Buying a cache requires clicking the cache in Bifrost shop, confirming, then once in your inventory you must open the cache to see what color you received, and select your ingredient.

450 (caches) x 4 mouse clicks (purchasing and opening) = 1,800 mouse clicks

To purchase the 450 caches from another user this would be 450 (caches) / 12 (maximum items per trade) = 37.5 or 38 trades in total to trade them.

To purchase from the Marketplace you would have to purchase 450 individual caches.

The last two doesn't even equate having to open them. And mind you these numbers don't even add in the fact that you likely wont get the exact caches you need from this. You'll have to buy way more that 450 in hopes of getting the ones you want. So at some point you either keep buying and end up with extras, or resort to purcashing from the marketplace or from other users, which is also a ludicrous process.

Even saying that you can just buy the ingredients from other users, someone is still opening all these caches.

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

The Solution

Stacking

Simple. Make these items stack-able for trades. Instead of having to trade twelve individual ruby caches, let us stack them in our trades much like ingredients so we can trade as many as we see fit at a time. This would also be great in the Marketplace allowing us to buy bulks of caches instead of purchasing one, by one.

User Image

Unpacking

Another suggestions. If you'd let us do a sort of "unpack". Where you select the Philosophers Cache and you click "unpack" and you get an image list of items of all the colored caches you received. Which would save a monumental amount of time in opening the caches.

User Image

Bulk Collecting

And another suggestion. Allowing us to bulk select our ingredients as well. Say I have 25 caches of one color, and I want this one specific ingredient out of all of them, or maybe just out of 15 of them. Give us an little option to put in a number of how many caches I take the item out of. So I put in 15 for Glass Marbles, I get 15 Glass Marbles, 15 caches are removed, and I have 10 remaining in my inventory.

User Image

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Notable Feedback by Other Users

If you have any sort of feedback, don't be afraid to mention it.

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Signatures

To sign, please state clearly that you are signing.

1. Yanzibar
            2. Mastermind_BTG
            3. Blood Promise
            4. Sphyxia
            5. klipper pink
            6. SolarMoon59
            7. Saffrons_Curse
            8. Smurf village
            9. Jay Wayne
            10. Clockw0rkRaven
            11. Le King
            12. Yasmen42
            13. The Fallen Seraph Uriel
            14. Reveladom
            15. Myna5194
            16. Sharima
            17. ix-Chasing Stars-xi
            18. Little_Neco-chan
            19. TheLightestVillain
            20. Despitemyfears
            21. Lockoko
            22. Loony Vender
            23. Punktz
            24. rnercury
            25. Raving In Wonderland
            26. hermionegrangerer
            27. Teacup456
            28. netamii
            29. Blood Mistress Kyoku
            30. AngelinARosebed
            31. strapping young man
            32. Nek0Nerd0
            33. Whispers of Delusion
            34. Hottsy Tottsy
            35. starfire27
            36. Benii B
            37. MeloNeko
            38. Forks Meet Spoons
            39. Artistic Kittenz
            40. Miss Munny
            41. Bretyboiii
            42. Kaky-Lee
            43. Jong Kook
            44. Joshua Kurayami
            45. Gavyn the Mighty
            46. C0CAIN3 BUNN3H
            47. Nenanah
            48. Creamy Unappealing Mess

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Maeche's Wife

IM SIGNING FOR THIS! -goes on strike- +__+

Golden Demon

Maeche
Reserved
oh man we have been asking for that for a while x.x
but i sign this as well

,Mastermind_BTG

Yanzibar's Husband

Married Bloodsucker

Mastermind_BTG
Maeche
Reserved
oh man we have been asking for that for a while x.x
but i sign this as well

,Mastermind_BTG

I figured this has already been asked for a hundred times over, but it couldn't hurt to ask again right?
And thanks.

Aged Gaian

Take ma sword warrior and fight for us all! (you got my support)

Lonely Friend

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
You are my hero petition signed <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers