Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

The title pretty much says it all: there needs to be something to do with those points. They just sit there and aren't good for anything. Let's put them to use for prizes! It's pretty much self-explanatory, so there's not a whole lot for me to put here.

Additional Suggestions
-Suggested by Ridley Starsmore: You would get prizes at certain point levels. (hopefully, this would be retroactive.)

-Allow points to unlock alchemy components. So once you hit a certain level of points, you can buy certain components in the gold shops.

-Unlock items in a shop when you hit a certain level of points, so people with a high amount of points (the more seasoned Gaians) can buy items from a shop and sell them for a bit of a profit to the Gaians with less points.

Angelic Nitemare

OR, here's a thought...an ability to claim certain prizes at certain point levels.

Lucky Saint

15,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ridley Starsmore
OR, here's a thought...an ability to claim certain prizes at certain point levels.
This 3x
I close to 7k in points, dem' puppies need to go somewhere!
*edit*
Why not do both? Like at 100 points you get a small item, but at 1,00 points, you could buy a bigger item, and etc

Sparkly Conversationalist

Take a cookie! heart

I think this is a great idea, then I would actually care about the dang things
Ridley Starsmore

This.

I don't really like the idea of "spending" 100 points and then only having 8600 down from 8700. That makes them seem like too much of a currency type thing.

I rather have items for levels reached.

I'd been crazy thinking that the achievement system was going to eventually lead to backwings. Silly me.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I can only give you one cookie?! I want to give this thread all FORTY of my damn cookies!

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!

I have 10.5k in points and they're just sitting there. So lame. Spendthemplease.

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
CleoSombra
Ridley Starsmore

This.

I don't really like the idea of "spending" 100 points and then only having 8600 down from 8700. That makes them seem like too much of a currency type thing.

I rather have items for levels reached.

I'd been crazy thinking that the achievement system was going to eventually lead to backwings. Silly me.

Ditto. On all of this. Every last bit of it. D: Even the backwings part. =w='

Rewards for reaching certain levels would be awesome. I'm almost at 10,000 already! biggrin

Timid Bookworm

Ridley Starsmore

This is a great idea. if I could use the points for something, I probably wouldn't get so frustrated by the "you've just received the ___ achievement" pop ups that slow down my computer, even though I've checked the "don't show this pop up" box emotion_donotwant But I digress...

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Would like to use the points to achieve level prizes instead of "spending" them. After all, one does earn them and I think we should be able to keep the points. And the more levels you hit, the better the prizes.

But with the level prizes, I think that they should be soulbound since it is each particular user doing a certain action to earn them. It would be like me wearing a 2003 sash when I came here in 2010 ... something that I've not really earned.

Lonely Visionary

20,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Object of Affection 150
You sir, have earned a cookie! I agree completely 3nodding

10,050 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Dorian_Archer
Would like to use the points to achieve level prizes instead of "spending" them. After all, one does earn them and I think we should be able to keep the points. And the more levels you hit, the better the prizes.

This.

Plus, if you spent your points like a currency, and they added better/different prizes in the future, you'd be out of luck. I know they add achievements for events and such, but it would be hard to amass a large amount of points if you've done most of the achievements already.

Devout Worshipper

You have my cookie!

I would love to see prizes awarded when we accumulate a certain number of points.

Aeris Melios's Husband

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I have a problem with this... I can only vote for a topic once...

8,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
maybe you could get gaia gold for points,or special items to go with the achievements,like for tooth-fairy you get a little pixy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff