Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like an update to the Inventory Arranger?

Yes. 1 100.0% [ 2760 ]
Total Votes:[ 2760 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 60 61 62 > >>

Sparkling Transmutator

In Other Words, the Inventory Arranger Needs an Update

I would like to say that I am an organized individual. I like things to be sorted, dust free, and tidy.
That said, it is extremely time consuming and exhausting when trying to organize one's inventory when working with the current Inventory Arranger.

Although arranging duplicate items next to one another is simple, arranging a large assortment of different items is once again... very time consuming. Depending on the size of one's inventory, the process of complete organization (to the preferences of the individual user) could take minutes for users owning a small amount of items, to hours for those like myself with an inventory in the low thousands. Now I know that my case is not the norm. However over time, many users like myself will obtain an obnoxious inventory. So why not update a system that would be beneficial to users who have become rooted in the site?

The update I am proposing is a simple one. There is no need to make an extremely fancy and over-coded Inventory Arranger. Here are some basic changes and updates to the Inventory Arranger that many users in this thread have suggested.

• A way to multi-select items without having to CTRL click.
  • A sort option that groups all items by type.
  • A sort option that sorts items by color, alphabetical order, sellback value, quantity, type (DI/MC, EI or RIG/CI), etc.
  • A search feature. (As utilized in the Inventory section)
  • The ability to add custom item tags.
  • The ability to sellback (not marketplace) or store soulbound items.
  • A save option. The Inventory Arranger would only save when the user wants it to save. (Which means less load time)
  • The ability to place game items in storage, or create a section specifically to store said items.
  • Increase the width of the Inventory Arranger box.
  • Introduction of a Trash Can option. So users can drag and drop items into it without having to click the item to trash it. (Sends to Dumpster Dive?)
  • Allow items to be donated / given as gift in the Inventory Arranger.
  • Adjust the Inventory Arrange so we have less load time. The current Inventory Arranger has an a long load time for older computers.

User Image

Of course the Inventory Arranger above is merely an idea.
I would love other users in this thread to provide both feedback and their own ideas.
For although not all users use the Inventory Arranger, a possible update would eventually affect us all.

User Image

This image/idea was proposed by Devils_Sword. I felt it was necessary to add it to this section because of the size of the image and of course since it is a visual representation.

User Image

"I should also add that (because I ran out of room on my markup ):
- Items are 100% movable in the items box
- Items will be represented by their icons, and hovering over them will pop up a little box with it's name
- The little folders will drop down like the current Storage Locker, but are automatically sorted by item type. This is good when you need to figure out what an item is categorized under."

This image/idea was proposed by Draconic Oni. I felt it was necessary to add it to this section because of the size of the image and of course since it is a visual representation.

User Suggestions within this Thread

NerdyPuppy
It should also have a multi-item select, kind of like on your desktop where you highlight a cluster and can move it around as a group.

Good news, Nerdy Puppy! It appears we already have a multi-select option of sorts in the Inventory Arranger.
Just hold down CTRL and select the items you want to move. Fantastic~

Shanra the Dragon Bard
I like the idea of being able to sort my items by type, just like they are sorted in our dressing room.

I also like the idea of being able to store the soulbound items in our locker, since I don't use most of them, and the amount of zomg rings and stuff that I have is causing a considerable lag time whenever I try to go to my inventory page.

Veras Gunn
Frankly it'd be nice to see the arranger use the marketplace tags or something along that line to make arranging your inventory easier than it is right now.

luckyspider
It would be wonderful if it was larger. More like the view inventory page. Then you wouldn't have to either use the storage locker or scroll for what seems like forever.

VKiera
I agree with this, every time I attempt to arrange mine I get so frustrated that I usually end up quitting half way though. Making changes/saving them load faster and more user friendly, I'd love to be able to organize by the hats/tops/bottoms ect tabs we have in our change avatar area. Also the bloody locker, that thing is so annoying all that scrolling >> update that too please.

MidnightC
What I'd love is the ability to just move stuff around without having to load a special arranger page at all. Just drag and drop right on the main page. Loading the locker would only be necessary for when you need to move something in or out of it. I have no idea if this is even possible technically. But it sure would be great...

Soundxscaqe
Being able to automatically arrange everything in my inventory in alphabetical order or by worth would be nice.

Dezzenotith
Oooh! Perhaps they could even integrate an option to sort item icons by color!
That would be really helpful.

Haji
I would also like the ability to sort my invo by using marketplace tags or inventory tags. Perhaps we could assign our own tags, either typed in by us or from a drop down menu? This would be useful since many new rigs are not tagged correctly in the mp.

It would be a godsend to be able to create your own tabs to sort your items. I'm not sure how feasible that would be though. Then users could customize their organize more by type(ei,rig,common,etc..) or color or whatever quirk you organize by.

I also think an improved storage locker would be nice, perhaps multiple tabs within for equip/non-equip items. Nothing fancy just functional.

Sleepy_Shadow_Fox
My main complaint with the inventory arranger is that you can't sort stuff you've searched, and that is just totally...it almost makes me ask why even have the search feature in there? It's handy, and it helps me find the number of the item so I can go scroll through that massive list for it, but it's annoying that I can't sort it straight from there.

And the list view kills me. All of that scrolling is just...and those icons are tiny. They need an option to make it just thumbs of the items like in the customize avatar page. Things would be more easily recognizable that way.

A little check box or something would be nice to select multiple items to move at once.

Karrna
I also think the arranger needs to be able to run on slower or older computers. A lot of users don't have super fast computers and moving items around/ into storage is an important feature. I'd like staff to take that into consideration when making changes.

rimedragona
Having the option to simply click to organize by Equip Slot would be nice. But if we are going to go and add in automatic organizing, we should also do it by Color, A > Z, Z > A, Newest First, Oldest First, etc.

And it would be nice for it to also allow for levels of arranging. Say, by Color, then by Equip Slot, for example. So, within each color, you'd have all the torso/head/feet items together.

All this would be in addition to the custom sort we have now, of course. But for those of us who don't want to organize items in a very idiosyncratic way, just clicking and letting it chug away to have a nice organized inventory would be awesome. I gave up on that a couple years ago and don't even try anymore, but it would be lovely.

Madkat-Z
My problem is I hate keeping everything in my main inventory and thus I use the storage locker. However, this renders me unable to actually unable to use my items for dress up. It is a pain to have to move everything from storage to my main inventory and then back again every time I want to mess with my items. This is even more of a pain when you have a ton of items.

So I propose a "Closet" in addition to the storage locker. Only difference between this and the storage locker is the Closet will show up in dress up. I do not know how much coding this would take, but I feel it needs to be done. The current system is not well suited to people who have larger inventories.

Kelaria
Another change to the inventory arranging system that I'd love to see would be the ability to use a single click (or a drop down menu) to auto-arrange the storage locker. I have tried to organize by alphabetical order, but have had so many issues. The most frustrating issue is the one where I try to move an item, it shows I'm moving that item, but when I go back later to check, it moved a completely different item and the organization I was striving for is ruined.

sometimesalways
I am all for this. While I have mastered moving things about in the old arranger I realize it is not very intuitive like another user said. If you are not familiar with using the "shift" or "control" keys to select multiple items then it can be a very difficult task. I think the first time I arranged my inventory it took about 2 hours. If we can move our wish list around we should be able to move our items with the same ease.

Also adding to the soulbound stuff I am wondering why we can't move game items around. My game tab is mocking me with its messy unkempt appearance. I want to put all my fishes bugs and alchemy stuff together. I can move my zOMG recipes and rings but not the components. I'm hoping this can be fixed too.

BucketHead1693
I think the one thing I'd like added to it, though, is a placement box. I. E. - Instead of using your storage box to place items in in order to arrange them back into the main inventory, I'd see it being a lot more convenient to have an expandable box to do this instead.

I say this because I'd love to put items into my storage to stay there. When I go to arrange my inventory right now, though, and have to place items in the box before scrolling back to the top of my inventory, I get confused about where my items were placed at in the storage or I end up placing items from my storage back into my inventory that I didn't want in there.

Flocksy
Could I suggest a lock/unlock button
Item moving would be locked by default, clicking unlock allows the user to drag and drop things around.
This would stop accidental dragging and rearranging when you want to click on an item to gift it, sellback, etc

vee jumped
By the time I realized I wanted an organized inventory mine was already too big. With how the current one works with the scroll--it is near impossible (or least horribly unpractical) to arrange larger inventories.

Chisai Yume
At the very least they could change the header that comes up when you organize, personally makes me feel like come OCD freak. "The REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY OLD Inventory Arranger" I mean, could it be more obvious there needs to be an update !

A suggestion is to model the arranger after TekTek - this would take a long time and likely be a huge overhaul. There could be an option to sort by color - another by type (store bought, cash shop) - and another by price.

vampyer
I would also love to see some sort of alphabetical arranger, or a sort by color arranger, or something along those lines.
There could be a drop down menu at the top of the storage locker which would allow you to choose how you would like to organize your locker, either alphabetically, by color, none, or whatever.

Konani_NTH
there should be a SEPARATE space for Zomg-items though ,since those tends to hoard several spaces of the main inventory for no use at all really

Anie Lin
A version of the idea I had about this was that it stays about the same, except for two changes. Have a larger window to arrange the inventories like mine which are too long to continuously scroll downward or upward in order to put something from one end of the arranger to the other, like, instead of using a regular sized box, extend it double or triple to take up proper length of the page. The second is that whichever items are in the Storage or the Home Inventory boxes needs to have a similar sized arranger screen. It's annoying to only see 1/3d of the actual item's name because the width of those two boxes are only 1/3d the size of the main inventory arranger. I like to alphabetize my items, and sometimes there will be 3 or 4 items that start out the same, like the Skittle Crazy Core items and such.

My key points:

Make the inventory arranger longer
Make the Storage boxes wider as well as longer.
Make it look pretty ^_^

Chocobo Princess
I think it would also be great if the inventory arranger auto-sorted items into their respective categories. I don't care about the order in which I received my items, and a system that automatically kept my fish in one place, my aquarium decorations in one place, my zOMG! items in one place, my hats all in one place, etc, would save me a lot of the time-consuming basic moves I now do. I could then quickly sort the newly-acquired items into my preferred placement-and-color system within the relevant tabs.

littlezeekers
It is long overdue for the Inventory arranger to see some attention given to it. Arranging inventories is a long-winded and tedious task to accomplish. I've seen everything around the inventories has been updated, I can't remember the last time I saw a change in the arranger. It still has some glitches and has a save period between each moved item(s). Inserting a save and cancel button could eliminate the save period between each moved item(s)

The introduction of a trash can would help ease the pain in removing unwanted trash, flower, bug, and recipes from zOMG!; instead of having to individually clicking each item go through the two to three windows and a page refresh to remove items individually.

meonji
I'm not sure if this would be a different concept entirely, but making an extra tab for "recently bought" items would be nice too. Since I have four pages of items and organize my items a lot, I forget what items I buy and want to try. They're eventually forgotten in my inventory somewhere.

RafiCat
More tabs would be nice so we can arrange things in whatever way we want. Give us five customizable tabs in addition to the standard ones!

mana of the glass moon
1: make it so we can donate our items to dumpster dive from there. Option can be acessed by clicking on/ highlighting said item, and selecting a “donate button”, that can be placed near the “give as gift” button.

2: let us sell our items from the storage locker. I avoid taking out items from there and mixing them with my invo, since I don't feel like having them in there, adding to the clutter. It's easier to a** a sell option to what we have in the locker, without relocating them into our inventories.

3: update the layout of the inventory arranger. This could easily be done like TekTek's sorting system, in combination with your own inventory search, or even MP search.

3a: Like Tektek, Inventory Organizer could have a dropdown that allows users to search for items by the default: “All Items”/ or by “Cash Shop”, “Chance Items”, “Evolving Items”, “Gold Shop Items”, “Monthly Collectables”, “Game Items (including zOMG)”, “Animated Items”, or “Housing Items”. This dropdown list could be accessed by hovering over the “All” tab, and collapsed when moving your mouse to a different location

edit: I don't know if you wanted to include an update to the SL as well as the IA, since they kind of go hand in hand

Que_Arres
It would be nice to (as some have mentioned) auto-sort, but one of the options I'd really like to see is by quantity. I often get CIs, and being able to see instantly what items I have multiples of (instead of searching through the pages to find everything with a number on it) would make cleaning up my inventory vastly easier.

I would also like to be able to save these settings. The old arranger let you sort alphabetically, for example, but you couldn't leave it like that and it would revert back to listing your items by age when you were done.

klubkyd
By date of purchase, by date of relaease, alphabetically, grouped by type, grouped by generation and a mixture of all of these so a gaian can alphabetically list all of their hats while still seperating the monthly collectables and evolving items. The same inventory could have * gasp * pants in one area and socks underneath them yet both could be alphabetized, or arranged by date of relaease! Unlimited arranging possibilities await when you select a group and choose how you want them listed and where in your inventory they lie.

violetchik
One thing that I would add is like we have the "storage locker," I would add a "piggy bank." For some people it is really hard to save up gold for their quest when they see it up there all the time. Having a "hiding spot" for the gold would be kinda helpful.

Syrena
Computers let you sort files by type, size, date modified, and name. In the marketplace, you can sort the listings by expiration date, add date, and sell price. Why not have a similar drop-down menu to automatically arrange items? Not anything overly complex; like Winter Hue says, base it on what already exists.

Example options:
- organize by clothing type (automatically groups tops together, shoes together, etc.)
- organize by set (basic sets get grouped together, Dashing Gentlemen, etc.)
- organize by item type (MCs, EIs, event items, etc.)
- organize by color* (only if this is somehow already coded in, otherwise it would be too much bother. But some people like putting all their purples in one place)
- organize by acquired-by date or release date

The options should be easily codeable, using information already a part of each item's code (especially clothing type and item type). You can see it organized that way on other parts of the site; why not in the inventory arranger?

With one click of a button, it could automatically group for you. That would be sufficient for some users. Others could use it as a starting point and move things from there... but they'd already be conveniently grouped, instead of scattered to the four winds.

mini_faerie_luver
I think the idea to CHOOSE when to save your inventory would be nice. I have been here for many years and i have close to 3000 items. over the years I have gotten my inventory to look how i want it to, but these new suggestions are intriguing.

I think if they add the sorting feature, they need to add a "Save" or "Don't save" button.

I would be VERY annoyed if I rearranged my inventory to one of the new modes, and then I decide I don't like it, and then cant change it back!!!

It is also VERY annoying to it saving automatically EVERY SINGLE TIME after you move an item. Sometimes I can sit there for minutes before it will be finished "saving."

I just think a button would be nice so we can choose when we want to save, or if we DON'T want to save and were just experimenting.

Lyx
I'd really really really like it if we could add our own tags to items, and then be able to search those tags within our inventories. I could have all blue items come up when I tag "blue", and I could have all items with swords come up when I tag "sword". And if I typed in "blue sword" only items with blue and sword in my tags would come up! That way I wouldn't have to remember all the items that contain rabbit's ears, for example, I could just type that tag, and all the things I tagged "rabbit ears" would come up!

Customizable and searchable tags please!

Radioactive Muffins Mk II
How about a storage unit for game items? It would be useful for alchemy or saving up tickets.

Violaceous Vertigo
You know what? I'm not going to be particularly picky. Sure, there are lots of other great suggestions that could help out with the inventory sorting, but I really just want two things:

Bigger.

Faster.

Even if you were to take the same thing we have, add a bigger screen, and make it so that it didn't stop to save every. single. time. you. moved. anything. I'd be happy. I'd be happier than happy, I'd be ecstatic.

Good Luck Kai
I want to be able to arrange my equip-able items by category as seen in the Dress Up function. It's hard to organize EVERYTHING at once, and I would really appreciate an upgrade on that. I would also like to see a quick way to organize or select items by color in their respective categories, so that when I go to dress up, I can view all of my greens, whites, ect all clustered together to make avatar decoration easier.

Fox of Greenfield
No original suggestions, but I particularly like the already-stated ideas of
1) Icons I can actually see,
2) a larger space instead of the tiny scroll box,
3) an arranger that won't totally strangle older RAM-impaired computers,
4) a "smart feature" that would group trash/bug/game items together when viewing your entire inventory,
and most of all,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Don't forget to toss your Cookies this way if you approve of the Devs updating the Inventory Arranger.

Original Survivor

now this thread rings a bell. wink wish i knew this forum was here. stare

my thread based on the Site Feedback; Update Inventory

anyway, i just want to be able to easily move things in bulk and not have such horrid loading/saving times. gonk

never did understand why we cant move soulbound/locked/frozen items into the locker, if there is a reasonable excuse then i'd like to hear it. sweatdrop

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lei_Trigar

anyway, i just want to be able to easily move things in bulk and not have such horrid loading/saving times. gonk

never did understand why we cant move soulbound/locked/frozen items into the locker, if there is a reasonable excuse then i'd like to hear it. sweatdrop

Hmmm I wonder.

One good example would be those glitched rings in zOMG. If people were able to store glitched rings in the locker then maybe Devs wouldn't have been able to take/cull the CL11+ rings from the system, since rings would be stored in a different area than people's inventories?

add: If there is an update to the inventory arranger, I would also like to see an update to the locker...that thing is so frustrating to scroll though. There is so little room that it just creates one long scrolling area and it's so tiny and so...icky to work with.

Sparkling Transmutator

Lei_Trigar

Oh I was unaware that such a thread existed.
May I link your thread in my opening post?

Anyways, ugh I know. The load time is quite obnoxious.
Oh and forget about rearranging one's entire inventory. gonk
However what I dislike the most is that the Inventory Arranger doesn't really help when trying to arrange items in each subcategory in the Customize Avatar section.

I have never had an issue with too many soulbound items, but I do believe that is also an issue.
I understand the staff not wanting us to sell said items, but I see no reason why we can't move them into storage.
Well... since one cannot sell items from the storage.

Sparkly Conversationalist

Awwww
Used up my cookies D:
I'LL BE BACK FOR YOU, THREAD scream

Yayy for an invo arranger that doesn't make me want to die!

Intergalactic Inquisitor

I would love for a new inventory arranger, something easy to use and something that makes it easier for me to access my items where I want them and when I want them. The fact that the current one has been labeled REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY old by Gaia itself indicates that an update is due

Original Survivor

Existential Existence
Lei_Trigar

Hmmm I wonder.

One good example would be those glitched rings in zOMG. If people were able to store glitched rings in the locker then maybe Devs wouldn't have been able to take/cull the CL11+ rings from the system, since rings would be stored in a different area than people's inventories?

add: If there is an update to the inventory arranger, I would also like to see an update to the locker...that thing is so frustrating to scroll though. There is so little room that it just creates one long scrolling area and it's so tiny and so...icky to work with.

hmm good theory, but the rings would still in that user's inventory, just not the main one, but i can definitely see what you're saying there.

and yeah that locker needs to get tossed in the dumpster.

Shameless Lover

It should also have a multi-item select, kind of like on your desktop where you highlight a cluster and can move it around as a group.

I'm voting for this.

Devout Worshipper

I wholeheartedly agree with your proposal Winter. I, like yourself, have a huge inventory, and am very a**l when it comes to how it's organized. I like the idea of being able to sort my items by type, just like they are sorted in our dressing room.

I also like the idea of being able to store the soulbound items in our locker, since I don't use most of them, and the amount of zomg rings and stuff that I have is causing a considerable lag time whenever I try to go to my inventory page.

December Frost's Husbando

Shirtless Husband

YES.
THIS.
MUST USE ALL COOKIES.

Honestly, this is the one update on the site
that I really really really want.
I mean, I only organize mine but colour,
but it's sooooo tedious and time consuming. . .

Even if they don't do it how you've suggested,
an update is REALLY needed.

Dapper Lunatic

Please do update the inventory arranger. It's rather slow as it is right now and not terribly intuitive. The auto arranger is shite too. Frankly it'd be nice to see the arranger use the marketplace tags or something along that line to make arranging your inventory easier than it is right now.

Original Survivor

Winter Hue
Lei_Trigar

Oh I was unaware that such a thread existed.
May I link your thread in my opening post?

Anyways, ugh I know. The load time is quite obnoxious.
Oh and forget about rearranging one's entire inventory. gonk
However what I dislike the most is that the Inventory Arranger doesn't really help when trying to arrange items in each subcategory in the Customize Avatar section.

I have never had an issue with too many soulbound items, but I do believe that is also an issue.
I understand the staff not wanting us to sell said items, but I see no reason why we can't move them into storage.
Well... since one cannot sell items from the storage.

of course, you may do what you wish with it, anything to get more votes, i'll add this page in my thread as well. ^_^

my inventory is for the most part nicely organized.. i;ve spent countless hours in that damn thing... but i have well over 10k items and it's just such a drag to move items around, especially the ones with locks on them. gonk

yeah soulbound... i play zOMG! and last i counted (well over 6 months ago) i had over 1k in rings... so you can imagine how long it takes to move a locked item (Alchemy Component) up. gonk

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I completely agree Winter. I would love a more efficient way to select multiple items as well.

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,175 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
..Must come back...
Want.
so much.
autosortplz. gonk

I've been dying for this to be updatedddd~
You have my vote and my cookie..!

Edit: Just make sure if you guys decide to do this, to keep larger inventories in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff