Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are there any minor subjects you think should be major, and vice versa?

Nope. 0.59842519685039 59.8% [ 304 ]
Yup. ( Please leave comment. ) 0.40157480314961 40.2% [ 204 ]
Total Votes:[ 508 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 68 69 70 >

Dapper Conversationalist

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bump... for what it's worth.

Wheezing Gekko

Durithill the Black Blade
Shinsua

So I don't know about you, but it looks like Spring Cleaning is pretty dead. I haven't heard about them doing anything with it.
That being the case, perhaps if you just repost this thread out in the plain old Site Feedback forum or Petitions, it would get more love?
Ah, perhaps. It's certainly worth a try.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Shinsua
Shinsua

So I don't know about you, but it looks like Spring Cleaning is pretty dead. I haven't heard about them doing anything with it.
That being the case, perhaps if you just repost this thread out in the plain old Site Feedback forum or Petitions, it would get more love?

Indeed. And I'm sure if we go through here and PM people they'll add their support to the new petition too.

Loyal Guildswoman

9,450 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Partygoer 500
In order to support this forum, I say:

Bump

That is all.

Cute Waffles

15,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Poltergeist Pulverizer 100
I fully agree. Because it needs to be changed; all the things are old-fashioned and seriously need an update. :3nod

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Re-cookied again.

Sarcastic Prophet

Shinsua
○ Multi-Selection. :: The ability to choose multiple guild members at once- likely using check boxes -for removal, banning, promoting, etc. Just need to add a check box to the left of "Member ID" in Guild Members panel.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This. Omg, this.

I'm the Captain of a guild that used to have approximately 48,000 members. We have embarked on a journey, as it were, to remove all of our inactive members because of the cost of sending guild announcements and because of a desire to have a better idea of the number of people we're actually serving. We're down to about 38,000. We have calculated that if we remove 500 members per day, we will be finished in time for our summer event, which is in late August. That's 25 pages of members per day.

Gaia, a way to mass-remove or mass-ban individuals with the click of a button would be the greatest gift to us right now.

Tipsy Prophet

Ηορ οητο ϻy shiρ, bαby I’ll ϻακε yου fly
Yoυ lovε ϻε αηd yoυ κηοω τhατ bαby, dοη’τ yου liε
liκε ϻε liκε I liκε yου αηd sαy…

« I would really like to see these improvements made to the guild system. »

...Να ηαηiηαηiηαηiηα
Να ηαηαηiηαηiηαηαηαηα ηα ηαηα~

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100
Shinsua
Shinsua

If you do post this elsewhere, can you please leave a link to the new thread in this one? I check here occasionally and will gladly add my support to any attempt to push these ideas forward. Guilds are outright dying in some cases because of the useless and outdated code scaring members back out onto the forums at large.

Adored Receiver

Have all my cookies =3

Lonely Streaker

I would honestly love for guilds to be updated. It was a whole aspect of social interaction on Gaia that used to be really fulfilling, but the lack of updates has sort of killed it. It's so outdated that nobody really uses it anymore, and that's a shame because it had so much potential.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
For those curious, I asked the admins about guilds a couple weeks ago.
The answer was pretty much as expected: that they don't really care and aren't going to.

Wheezing Gekko

Uncle Kenny
Dear Admins,

So I've looked back through the old ATAs, and it seems like at least once an ATA someone asks about when guilds will be updated and the answer always seems to be "eventually". Would it be possible to get a more specific date on this? Most people agree that guilds are pretty out of date and it seems like guilds are constantly losing people mostly because of this fact. I realize of course that resources are scarce and being used in other places at the moment like for zOMG, but I think a lot of people wouldn't mind waiting a bit for the next zOMG update while guilds received their long needed update. I'm not asking for a "we'll do it next week" type of thing, but even if you gave a vague answer like "fourth quarter of 2012" a lot of people would appreciate it.

Also, whatever happened with Spring Cleaning 2011? It seems like it just kinda petered our without a resolution.

Sincerely,

Unfortunately, an update to Guilds isn't on the road map yet to be able to offer any kind of timeline beyond "eventually". It will require a pretty large amount of dev work to get it overhauled and caught up to the rest of the site and we just don't have the resources to dedicate toward it in the near future. Once we have information about when to maybe expect it, I'm sure we'll give more detail then but for now, it really is just "eventually".

It could be worse, I suppose. Thank you for asking, Durithill.

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Shinsua
Uncle Kenny
Dear Admins,

So I've looked back through the old ATAs, and it seems like at least once an ATA someone asks about when guilds will be updated and the answer always seems to be "eventually". Would it be possible to get a more specific date on this? Most people agree that guilds are pretty out of date and it seems like guilds are constantly losing people mostly because of this fact. I realize of course that resources are scarce and being used in other places at the moment like for zOMG, but I think a lot of people wouldn't mind waiting a bit for the next zOMG update while guilds received their long needed update. I'm not asking for a "we'll do it next week" type of thing, but even if you gave a vague answer like "fourth quarter of 2012" a lot of people would appreciate it.

Also, whatever happened with Spring Cleaning 2011? It seems like it just kinda petered our without a resolution.

Sincerely,

Unfortunately, an update to Guilds isn't on the road map yet to be able to offer any kind of timeline beyond "eventually". It will require a pretty large amount of dev work to get it overhauled and caught up to the rest of the site and we just don't have the resources to dedicate toward it in the near future. Once we have information about when to maybe expect it, I'm sure we'll give more detail then but for now, it really is just "eventually".

It could be worse, I suppose. Thank you for asking, Durithill.

It could, I suppose. But haven't worked in this kind of environment before, this answer is basically a nice way of saying "it's not going to happen", lol.
I've been trying to fight the good fight

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/gaia-guilds-why-aren-t-they-the-same-as-forums/t.80607419/?_gaia_t_=3934

and got some responses from one of the developers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff