Welcome to Gaia! ::

you definitely have my vote. some of my avatar ideas have fallen dead because the layering that worked on tek tek didn't work on gaia.

Versatile Friend

10,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie
In would be so excited if this were the only update!
I've been wanting this so badly!
Oh the purple avatars one could create~

You think you got it tough? GREEN! I think gaia ******** hates green, there recent new items are the only green (vigilant lost boy, peters youth) are like freakin rare man!
I NEED GREEN

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
Whose flesh the Sword of Mercy hurts has drawn no breath,
Whose soul its heals has wandered in the night....

I remember making an avatar with tektek and buying the items for it that I wanted, only to learn that they did not layer the way I wanted, and that two of them counted as 'jackets' and could not be worn together. As such I agree with this topic. I grant you +1 to Cookie.

....Has paid the summing of all debts in death,
Has turned to see returning light.

Foe

bluecherry
Trojan.exe
bluecherry
you'd better hope that there's a reset all or undo button when you're switching layers, if this DOES come to pass, because if you ******** up while switching them around and none exists? enjoy trying to fix it lol

Well, somebody else does have a proposal out there for an undo button actually. XD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
oh right, i forgot about that thread. might wanna combine the two/refer to each other, because if the undo would fix only the most recently equipped item, then trying to undo layering would still be a b***h
(also is there anything about a REdo button in that proposal? because the two kinda go hand in hand)

Bashful Millionaire

7,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
bluecherry
Nommy Legend Hearts
bluecherry
Nommy Legend Hearts
TekTek did it, So why can't Gaia?
It has totally RUINED more then one dream avi, including my current quest. >_>

Gaia has said there are some substantial differences in how things work on the two sites, so it wouldn't be as easy a change as to just make basically "dream free for Gaia." It can be done though I'm sure, just it would require a substantial enough amount of time and effort that I think we'll probably need a very strong display of support for the project if we hope to convince them it is worth the investment in this idea.

Yes, I know, It makes since. I was just pointing out that.

Ok. Gotcha. smile

:3

Fashionable Lunatic

Trojan.exe
Jamais Changeant
Trojan.exe

bluecherry
you'd better hope that there's a reset all or undo button when you're switching layers, if this DOES come to pass, because if you ******** up while switching them around and none exists? enjoy trying to fix it lol

As I stated before. You would easily be able to change the layers by simply implementing a drag and drop column just like there is on tektek. Easy as pie.
which is nice and all when there's, say, 20 items or less on the avatar
but what would you propose for a monstrosity like this? i've got 80+ items on it, and if i ever wanted to change layers, i'd have a shitload of scrolling/searching to do to find just the one item
that i need

First off, I'm stating that this scrollable column would be seperate (off to the side) from your inventory). So you'd find your items in exactly the same way that you do now.
As for organizing and finding items on that column: When I use dream free on tektek I always add a lot of items and arrange them as I go. If you do this it should be easy.
Plus clicking on the specific item to unequip it would work the same way as it does now, you wouldn't have to scroll through anything.

i agree.
i made this avatar, along with a bunch of others,
with layering that won't work.

with that avi, the apron does not go on the same time as the labcoat.
in a recent avi i had, i couldn't wear class headphones with certain hats.
i've also noticed a few people trying to layer skirts and stuff in tektek, and won't work on here.
gaia should really fix this.

cookie'd. <3

Dangerous Prophet

Good idea! :3

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Reaper Zombie
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie

Your purple is beautiful @w@
Thank you, you're quite nice yourself.
I'd love to be able to alter the layering on that belted top, which reminds me
I wish I had more gold to get another maleficent thing.

Backwoods Abomination

Impractical as this would likely be, I really, really want it. There are SO MANY items out there (particularly face items, but in a couple of cases pants of all things) that remove my Dead Doll skin for no reason that I can tell.

Dapper Shapeshifter

Very good.

Also could maybe there could be an option to turn transparency on and off? This would fix my biggest problems with hats and hair.
AliceLoathesWonderland
I hate how they stopped letting us wear two pairs of gloves.
Like the peasant ones under medical gloves.

so you shall have a cookie

eek I made a thread about that medical glove layering change back when it happened.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie

Your purple is beautiful @w@
Thank you, you're quite nice yourself.
I'd love to be able to alter the layering on that belted top, which reminds me
I wish I had more gold to get another maleficent thing.

:3 thanks~
That reminds me!
I love this new purple belt top, but I want the nightmare collar to be on top of it, it goes under, sadly.

Foe

Jamais Changeant
Trojan.exe
Jamais Changeant
Trojan.exe

bluecherry

As I stated before. You would easily be able to change the layers by simply implementing a drag and drop column just like there is on tektek. Easy as pie.
which is nice and all when there's, say, 20 items or less on the avatar
but what would you propose for a monstrosity like this? i've got 80+ items on it, and if i ever wanted to change layers, i'd have a shitload of scrolling/searching to do to find just the one item
that i need

First off, I'm stating that this scrollable column would be seperate (off to the side) from your inventory). So you'd find your items in exactly the same way that you do now.
As for organizing and finding items on that column: When I use dream free on tektek I always add a lot of items and arrange them as I go. If you do this it should be easy.
Plus clicking on the specific item to unequip it would work the same way as it does now, you wouldn't have to scroll through anything.
i wasn't clear enough on that, sorry
i meant more like if i took an avatar that already had all the items equipped, ie they were already arranged in a certain order/on their own layers, and wanted to screw with layering - how would finding a single item on a single layer go when there's a massive amount of them equipped?
would the columns compress automatically, or would there be a lot of uncomfortable scrolling involved? could search play a role in it (ie finding the item in the layers column in order to move it, without having to hunt for it), or would the whole thing work differently from tektek's system (which is what i am basing my visuals off of atm)

that, and you're assuming i'd know exactly what layer to put an item on right away, rather than piling on a few items and playing with them. again, that works when there's not too many to work with, but if there's 20+ already there, arranging gets harder

Sparkly Sophomore

Omg.. YES PLEASE!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas