Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Users, Vote, Item, Tickets Site, Makes, Oodles, Bank
Or UVIT SMOB for short.

So please forgive me but this will be a long one, as it's something I've thought a lot about and realistically I can't see the staff/artists/site wanting to not do this.

When the tickets became a thing the site opened a literal goldmine of good ideas that the site can make MONEY off of. But that seems to have completely fallen along the wayside in user 'greed' (and I use that without meaning any offense) for more gold/efame.

What do I mean? This. For YEARS the site has had this wonderful little forum called petitions. Wading throug the 'pls bring zomg back' threads and other such things you will find a HIVE of WONDERFUL ideas, that literally thousands of users are behind on some of the ideas. These are ideas users want made, and heck would even spend IRL MONEY ON. All user suggested and user supported. Now I realize that not all items can be made because of things like copyright and what not. But thats not my point.

My point is this. 'Recently' the site has taken an obvious turn towards driving more and more sales, and a lot of users have felt a disconnect between staff and users. A lot of users have felt ignored and left behind, like we're cash cows or other such terms.

WHY NOT COMBINE STAFF INTERACTION AND THE CASH DRIVE IN ONE.

What do I mean? Make a bi monthly contest where users can submit their items/poses/recolors/ideas and let the community vote on the best ideas. The best ideas get a soulbound ticket to make their creation AVAILABLE IN THE CASH SHOP when the artists have time to work on them.

Think about it. Gaia isn't loosing out AT ALL and is purely making profit while at the same time seeing exactly what their target audience WANTS TO BUY.

So many user items barely sell at all because they're simply single-user driven ideas. And that fine, they want to buy their tickets and play their chances. But as a business gaia needs to me more interested in what will sell.

This idea is so good it's stupid it's not already implemented. It will restore so much faith in users in this site and put SO MUCH MONEY BACK INTO GAIA. It'll make the little users feel like they're included. Anyone can have their item made granted its a good idea that the community votes on, and you guys reap the profits! It'll make the user base feel close again. It'll give the gaian artists to work with such a beautiful creative community and make beautiful items.

Like any smart business you will literally be asking your users what they want to buy. It's stupidly fool proof. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY THIS IDEA WOULD NOT WORK. YOU ARE ONLY LOOSING OUT ON MONEY AND REVITALIZING THE USER BELIEF IN STAFF IF YOU LET THIS SLIDE BY. DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY, OR LOOSE MONEY.

How?

Create a bi-monthly forum(maybe with mini forums for users to submit ideas for different tickets) solely dedicated to user ideas that can be thumbs upped or liked, similar to like the summer forum where users voted on the features they wanted implemented. I say bimonthly because realistically you want as much profit and user staff interaction as possible.
Now as I write this I'm specifically talking the tickets- Golden, Sapphire, Rainbow, Mini golden ticket, baby golden ticket, paw tickets, and double rainbow. Though I might have missed some, and there will most likely be more to come.

Now tickets like sapphire, ruby, Double rainbow, and paw skin tickets will most likely only ever be once a month or once every other month, as these tickets involve a LOT of work on the already strained artists.

Sapphire specifically. I mean the artists are struggling to put out even two eis a week, when it used to be 4-5! You guys could use the ideas and the money! I mean look at singhs thread fishing for ideas. But realistically sapphs are a lot of work, so they'll be least handed out.

I can't imagine this will ever work for obsidian. But perhaps consider letting a staff member have one every once in a while. Users used to go crazy over staff interactions, imagine if they had a whole day of items revolving around them! Maybe give the artists a day or something, but again let the users vote! Have staff present their ideas in a special forum and let us vote, how cool could that be? It would reconnect us so much, and give artists a chance to release bundles/recolors they've always wanted!

This won't work for: Pearl, Platinum, Art tickets, Mini event, Emerald. It *might* work with the tailored star type ticket as a lot of items could see some revival and a LOT of users have old favorites they'd like to see revisited.

Realistically I will be adding more to this. I will also be submitting this to the next ata as well as every following ata until it is properly addressed. I understand the staff are bombarded at these events and don't expect an answer right away.

UGLY THREAD IS UGLY. BUT I'LL WORK ON IT OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.

PLEASE READ THROUGH AND SIGN.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Users who have signed-

1. Lithium Filth.
2. soul of ana
3. Cyleki
4. Raidye
5. +[Skarekrow]+
6. spanksthellama
7. Bunny-Lolita-Chan
8. Unamused Demon
9. Bittersweet Reveries
10. FluffCat
11. drakokatze
12. kawaiipichii

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

REVISIONS TO WORK IN. I.E. SUGGESTIONS THAT I WAS TOO DUMB TO THINK UP THE FURST TIME.

Ok still kinda reserved but already someone mentioned something that made me think as well.

Gaia seems to think cute sells, and a lot of the site disagrees but yet those items are still only being made and only being bought.

With a voting system like this set in place gaia will be able to see what sells and what they should make to better suit a demographic. This system will better help show gaia the kinds of items the users are interested in buying.

Now I realize however that there are only a certain amount of artists and their styles may not fit these demographics, but perhaps this will help steer that kind of art to better please the whole of gaia. And not the cute kawaii side.

Cross stitch is dying. Making gold shop items was never in gaias best interest. But, we can merge cross stitch into this, and to better drive items of specific themes/styles why not make 'themed' suggestions like what was done for cross stitch. DUR.

Even more dur. Gaia has proven itself kinda incapable of coming up with good, sustainable money-making ideas. Look at club/shop Verge and roccoco. Both started fairly strong but almost immediately fell by the side because they just weren't sustainable. Repurpose one of those to host user made items, people want to see user items. People like the novelty of user items. which brings me to my fourth revision.

Repurpose one of those above shops, and maybe consider giving away a emerald ticket every so often, and that user can be the shop keeper for that shop! A user npc selling user items. COME ON GAIA. WHY AM I THINKING OF THIS. YOU SHOULD BE THINKING OF THIS. THIS IS GOLD.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100

And reserved.

Romantic Demigod

soul of ana heart

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
soul of ana
soul of ana heart

Thank you dear!

Batty Witch

Omg, yes! Hell yes!! Sign me up! biggrin

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Cyleki

<3 Thank you Cy.
Also would you like to vote on stupidest campaign name ever omg.
But it's late and I'm sick and it's the best I could do xD

Batty Witch

Lithium Filth
Cyleki

<3 Thank you Cy.
Also would you like to vote on stupidest campaign name ever omg.
But it's late and I'm sick and it's the best I could do xD

You're welcome! It's a very good idea! biggrin
The name covers all your bases, so I don't really see a problem with it. 3nodding
Are you gonna get graphics for it? I'd totally stick that in my sig! I'd offer to make them myself, but I can't make anything fancy that would do justice to this great idea. sweatdrop

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Cyleki

The name covers all your bases, so I don't really see a problem with it. 3nodding
Are you gonna get graphics for it? I'd totally stick that in my sig! I'd offer to make them myself, but I can't make anything fancy that would do justice to this great idea. sweatdrop

Thank you t-t

I plan to yes. It's just ten thirty at night and I've spent the past few hours with a fever and being sick. So I'm not messing with photoshop tonight.

Batty Witch

Lithium Filth
Cyleki

Thank you t-t

I plan to yes. It's just ten thirty at night and I've spent the past few hours with a fever and being sick. So I'm not messing with photoshop tonight.

Ohh noooo! D: Go get some rest! I hope you feel better soon. ;w;

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Cyleki

x3 I will don't worry.

I'm just hoping Ami will log back on so I can say goodnight t-t

Holocause's Pardner

Anxious Wyvern

20,465 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Dragon Master 50
aha, hi lith! ;v ;
I'll go ahead and sign too

Batty Witch

Lithium Filth
Cyleki

x3 I will don't worry.

I'm just hoping Ami will log back on so I can say goodnight t-t

Aww, how sweet. ;w;

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Invisibility 100
Raidye
aha, hi lith! ;v ;
I'll go ahead and sign too

:3 Hello Rai! Thank you for signing <3

How have you been?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff