Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should Gaia be more Religiously diverse?

Yes 0.55 55.0% [ 11 ]
No 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
Gold 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
Add all religious holidays! 0.15 15.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 20 ]

Romantic Fairy

10,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
Personally, I don't celebrate Easter and Christmas and other Christian holidays. It's all well and good that others do, but this is not a religious site and I would really appreciate having a holiday or several that don't revolve around holidays I don't celebrate. Gaia could add other holidays from other religions (Muslim/ Jewish/ Buddhism/ Hinduism/ etc) or they could move to non-religious "holiday" games and weeks.

Signatures
Okami Tenrou
Nenanah
Sweatpants Princess
WildOkapi
Astra Green

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
  • Long-Distance Sniper 500
I would definitely like to see some other holidays that aren't just limited to the ones considered to be in the norm in the US.

Romantic Fairy

10,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
Okami Tenrou
I would definitely like to see some other holidays that aren't just limited to the ones considered to be in the norm in the US.

Exactly, I think the Hindu Holi would make an awesome Gaia holiday, even better than Easter.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
I wouldn't mind this either, not everyone believes the same thing and they shouldn't be forced too.
Besides more events just means more awesome!

Cluttered Gaian

Been saying this for years. I hate how excluded I feel bc I don't celebrate US Christian holidays, and I know I'm not the only one.

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I agree, but Gaia seems to be catering to the lowest common denominator except when it comes to the economy.

Romantic Fairy

10,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
WildOkapi
I agree, but Gaia seems to be catering to the lowest common denominator except when it comes to the economy.

That might be true, but that doesn't make it right and they will change it if enough people ask them too.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
OP, you might want to edit the first post to include signatures since it's in the Petitions subforum.

Anyway I agree with this in that Gaia should do different events for world holidays and even the other religious holidays especially the ones that last for a week as opposed to a day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff