Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you had both options, would you use the left aligned site layout or the Centered Site layout?

Left aligned 0.87564766839378 87.6% [ 169 ]
Centered Site 0.12435233160622 12.4% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 193 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
TS Sailor Cronus

Been hearing about page-covering ads, haven't seen a single one. Or room to place one.

Somewhere along the way I guess I got lucky.

They were only here for about a week and then disappeared but Gaia never said anything about them and the site is still centered so we don't know if it's because they listened or because that particular ad deal timed out. It was for the MMO Blackgold. I don't know if anyone took screenshots. I do know that it was immune to the ad filtering you get if you spend 250GC so a lot of Cash subscribers were more upset than the other users.

High-functioning Shapeshifter

xena91388
TS Sailor Cronus

Been hearing about page-covering ads, haven't seen a single one. Or room to place one.

Somewhere along the way I guess I got lucky.

They were only here for about a week and then disappeared but Gaia never said anything about them and the site is still centered so we don't know if it's because they listened or because that particular ad deal timed out. It was for the MMO Blackgold. I don't know if anyone took screenshots. I do know that it was immune to the ad filtering you get if you spend 250GC so a lot of Cash subscribers were more upset than the other users.

I only saw it for a day, but I took a screenshot of it for future reference. As you said was possible, I had ads disabled when I took this screenshot. Lately, I've been taking more and more screenshots so I have proof of all these things that Gaia does (I've taken a lot of pictures of the pop-up ads).

User Image

Here is the link to the screenshot if you can't see it.

xena91388
TS Sailor Cronus

Also, if I don't hear about their partner site soon, I'm calling shenanigans

Do you remember that one MMO they advertised that covered most of the page with two bars on the sides and one across the top?

I think that was the partnership, not for the MMO, but for ads that cover the background sides like those fan-made wikia sites. those page-covering ads probably brought them a s**t-ton of money and possibly more to come.

But they said they partnered with an anime site, and I don't see any anime called "Black Gold." cat_confused

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Kangit

But they said they partnered with an anime site, and I don't see any anime called "Black Gold." cat_confused

My theory is they either said "anime site" to make it more palatable and get more people to accept it or the anime thing is just one partnership of many for ad space like Blackgold so they are technically telling the truth. Lying by omission.

xena91388
Kangit

My theory is they either said "anime site" to make it more palatable and get more people to accept it or the anime thing is just one partnership of many for ad space like Blackgold so they are technically telling the truth. Lying by omission.

But if these partnerships were temporary, why would they be forced to make long-term site changes, or do all of the sponsors require it? I think "old Gaia" just made a Flash Space or cinema for people to play in, and sponsor-related items. The cinema would play ads in the background, but it gave it the feel of the movie theater. They would get the users thinking about the sponsor, and they were kind of fun. They certainly weren't annoying about it.

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Kangit

But if these partnerships were temporary, why would they be forced to make long-term site changes, or do all of the sponsors require it? I think "old Gaia" just made a Flash Space or cinema for people to play in, and sponsor-related items. The cinema would play ads in the background, but it gave it the feel of the movie theater. They would get the users thinking about the sponsor, and they were kind of fun. They certainly weren't annoying about it.

Blackgold was temporary, keeping the site centered keeps that ad-space option open and I've seen a lot of those kinds of page-length ads for everything from trucks to new movie releases, mostly on the Wikia pages though. They all seem to have the same format so left alignment would make those ads impossible, the most likely reason why they won't give us a toggle switch.

I miss the old flash spaces too. emo Remember Skittles? Those were the best and did make me crave that candy. crying

xena91388
Kangit

Blackgold was temporary, keeping the site centered keeps that ad-space option open and I've seen a lot of those kinds of page-length ads for everything from trucks to new movie releases, mostly on the Wikia pages though. They all seem to have the same format so left alignment would make those ads impossible, the most likely reason why they won't give us a toggle switch.

I miss the old flash spaces too. emo Remember Skittles? Those were the best and did make me crave that candy. crying

One of the reasons I can guarantee that I won't get used to this new layout is because I tend to use those Wikias a lot, which have the same layout that Gaia has now, but I've always despised how the ads work, and I wanted less wasted space on the sides. They never had a left-aligned layout to begin with, but I still can't used to the layout they have.

Yeah, they made a lot of games and items related to Skittles. That was fun.

Feline Paladin

Kangit

Oh that's... that's...

That's just awful. xp Blegh. No wonder everyone wants site centering to burn. burning_eyes

Yep, I've been screen-capping stuff like crazy too. emo

Also... when did tipping start taking you to a new page? Yeesh. Put it back, Gaia! scream

Edit: Oh, hmmm, it stopped doing that.

TS Sailor Cronus
Kangit

Oh that's... that's...

That's just awful. xp Blegh. No wonder everyone wants site centering to burn. burning_eyes

Yep, I've been screen-capping stuff like crazy too. emo

Also... when did tipping start taking you to a new page? Yeesh. Put it back, Gaia! scream

Tipping doesn't do that to me (I tested it on your post). It might actually be a bug.

Edit: Oh, okay then. cat_razz

Magical Man-Lover

16,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ladykiller

I sign my name here in this color Purple!

Swashbuckling Gaian

Tipsy Loiterer

The management actually didn't realize netbooks exist? emotion_facepalm

I SIGN.

Widow

Enthusiastic Lunatic

19,390 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Object of Affection 150
I sign!

I mean, it isn't the most terrible thing in the world, but I sure as heck would've rather had the option. I don't like the images on the side.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff