Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Would you use this feature if it were implemented?

Yes! I want a ring and certificate for my avatar! 0.41786283891547 41.8% [ 262 ]
Maybe, it would at least be a good goldsink 0.21690590111643 21.7% [ 136 ]
No, but I agree that it's a good goldsink idea 0.16905901116427 16.9% [ 106 ]
I don't agree with this but you're welcome to your opinion 0.078149920255183 7.8% [ 49 ]
I don't support this and will never support it in any incarnation. 0.11802232854864 11.8% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 627 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 49 50 51 > >>

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
User Image

Update 11/16/2011: We've got some new things tagged under "wedding" in the marketplace:

The Pillbox hats

Ania's Wedding Gown

The Celestial Veil

and of course:

The Noble Nuptial Tea

And did you know that the Winter Rose is also tagged under "Wedding"?

FINAL UPDATE 2/26/2015:

A MARRIAGE SYSTEM HAS BEEN IMPLIMENTED!!

Whether it was because of this or not, THANK YOU to everyone who signed this and gave input and ideas! Now go forth and be married!! ^o^

Update 1/12/2011: Even more wedding themed items! We now have sets for the seasons!!

Winter Bride
Winter Groom

Spring Bride
Spring Groom

Summer Bride
Summer Groom

Fall Bride
Fall Groom

Update 10/10: We have 100 signatures!! This is a great start and I'm amazed I came up with something so popular. We can't stop now though! Lets keep going until we get the staff's attention...in a good way! ^.^

Update 9/29: I should have posted this sooner, but there is now another marriage item on Gaia! Marital Pendant There was also the beautiful wedding phase of the Lyndexter's Journal (I can't wait for it to be done so I can wear that again!) In other news, we're nearing 100 signatures! *applauds* Here's hoping we get many more! (Or that the Gaia staff listens before we have to xD)

Update 8/20: Had to shorten the name of the thread so it wouldn't overload signatures. Also, made some banners!

Update 8/14: We're a Petition now! xD We finally got 50+ supporters, so I requested the thread to be moved, and here we are ^.^ Banners to come!

Update 7/26: I've decided that if I can get 50 supporters, I'm going to start a petition!! I'm so close. And everyone's been so nice in giving me their thoughts, opinions, and ideas in a respectful and polite way. Thank's everyone!!

Alright, so, a while back someone posted a thread about a Gaia Wedding system, and I jumped right on board with that. Because I think it'd be a nice feature for my irl husband and myself if done correctly.

Here is the system that I came up with to handle the theoretical Gaia Unions.

1. The trade. Gaia Unions would be based on the trade system. The partners would each contact the NPC, and pay them 10,000 gold. Then they would be allowed to choose a wedding ring (I'm thinking angelic, demonic, and maybe some elemental rings, plus the standard diamond rings for those who don't want too much flare in their fare). The partners would exchange the rings, which would then become soulbound to their recipients. Once the trade was completed, they would each receive a congratulatory PM along with an img link for a Marriage Certificate that could be added to their signatures.

2. Marriage Allowances. Optionally, up to 6 people could be married to one user at any given time. I don't see a problem with this, as the soulbound rings couldn't be sold on the MP, and all it would really do is have 4 more people adding to the goldsink instead of just the two. If a person marries 6 people, it may be feasible to have it so that you can sell your extra wedding rings back to the site for 1 or 2 gold, but the rings would not be trashable until after the characters have divorced each other.

3. Separation or "Breaking" the Union. If a party does not wish to be married to a particular avatar anymore, they would visit the separation NPC, who would charge an initial fee of 15k for the divorce. Like the name changing feature, this fee and the marriage fee will be raised by 10,000 gold each time a character divorces and remarries. The other party would not have to be on at the same time as the divorcer. However they would recieve a PM in their inbox notifying them that the union has been severed. When an avatar divorces another avatar, both rings are destroyed (Or the users are given the option to have them destroyed) so as to not clutter up a persons inventory with unwanted soulbound wedding rings. There will be at least a 2 or 3 day waiting period between the time of the divorce, and the next time that avatar can get married (along with the fees).

UPDATE: After reading the comments and thoughts on this thread, I'm adding this to the divorce specifications:

When a person wants to divorce their avatar, it is the sole responsibility of the divorce-er to pay for it. The divorcer would go to the marriage (or unificating) area where the Divorce NPC would be (possibly right next to the marriage npc, they could do a whole "chipper and depressed" contrast xD) The divorce-er would have to pay the entire cost of splitting the union up. That would be 30k (the equivalent of 15k per partner). After that, the divorce-ee would receive a PM notifying them of the break up, and probably sending their condolances from the Divorce NPC, at which point their rings could be optionally trashed (or possibly sold back to the NPC shops for a whopping 1g.) They would remain soulbound however, so that people couldn't cheapen their meaning by selling them to single people on the MP.

This would make it so that if someone wants out but the other party doesn't want to let them, they can simply gather up the gold themselves.

4. Religion. Religion isn't an issue for this system. Partners who wish to 'tie the knot' as it were, can wear whatever they want during the trade, and if they want to have an actual roleplay ceremony, they can do that according to their own practices and beliefs. This would just be a trade for a ring and a certificate. It wouldn't be any different than going to a courthouse and getting married by a justice of the peace.

5. Gender. While I'm sure some people would get up in arms about it, you =/= your avatar. And your avatar can have it's gender changed at any time provided you have the gold for it. So Gender and/or same sex marriage really doesn't apply here either. If you want to get really technical, your avatar has no gender because it's only pixels on a screen.

6. Reception Hall Hangout. This would be a mini world (like the MTV one or the Skittles one, only cooler xD) where the partners, if they wished to, could invite their friends and either hang out together or have an rp ceremony. The rooms would be themed in a few different ways from the standard dance hall with tables to outdoor gardens. It's not really necessary for the system but I think it would be a nice touch.

Now, a word to the angry. I understand if you don't like this idea, or don't think it should be implemented (even though it probably won't). But please, please, don't flame me about this. I would appreciate mature, concise criticism. But I'm not going to listen to "We don't need it". We don't need anything on Gaia really. It's for recreation. We don't need Gaia-tan, or Power-ranger knock-offs. We don't need Rallys or even towns (even though I like towns). They're just for fun, and so is this. No one would be forcing you to participate.

Finally, did you know that there is a filter in the Cash Shop called "Wedding"? It includes items like this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14861
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14873
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14905
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14871
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14867
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14695
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14485
http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/14487

And also includes all the Pearl and Gemstone jewelry, and the Dashing Gentleman's sets. And lets not forget about this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/37769

FAQ

Comment: This isn't PG13!!!111
Answer: Yes, yes it is. Little girls play pretend wedding all the time, they marry their barbie dolls and their stuffed animals and even their pet kitties to each other. This is no different. It's just pretend

Comment: This will encourage cybering!!
Answer: How? If I want to cyber with someone (and I don't), it's not going to matter whether our sprites are married or not. We'll do it regardless. If you want to see something that promotes cybering, I have two words for you; Angelic, Lingerie.

Comment: ***** will take advantage of kids!
Answer: For the most part, see the answer above. If an adult wants to take advantage of a kid, they're going to try regardless of whether or not they have a soulbound wedding ring to equip.

Comment: Just Roleplay it.
Answer: Not everyone can roleplay, not everyone likes to roleplay. The interests of one person don't always match the interests of another. Those people who don't like/don't want/can't roleplay shouldn't be excluded from something when we can give them another option.

Comment: All marriages involve religion
Ansewr: No they don't. You can go to any courthouse and pay a small fee and get married by the justice of the peace there. No religion involved and you don't even have to exchange vows.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Supporters & Signatures!

Quotes

Sker
You can, of course, list me as a supporter. I'm all for a fun gold sink. Why shouldn't a site like Gaia give it's members options like this?

Anakha the Silver
I doth support thee, fair madame.

Lolli Of The Army

This is the best idea I have seen so far. If they do it, I do believe this is the way to go with it. :3

--Lolli

l_N a r a_l
User Image

Please, list me as a supporter.

This is the best thought out and designed proposal yet.

Ahahaha, get it?

Anyway. This would be a wonderful addition and an excellent gold sink.

Samhain Voudoun
Can I be listed as a supporter?

I love this idea personally - Not only would it make a great Gold Sink but it'd help keep people from going "HAI R U SINGUL?" after a few sentences.

And I am always too humiliated to go to user run shops - it makes me feel as if they're only for preteen girls who are just saying they're married just to rub it in other peoples' faces in that forum.

Luxaky
Do want~

I think this would be a cute feature to have and all your points are VERY valid.
I think it should be a Gold Sink as well.
Too much gold floating around Gaia.

Jekkceo
I am not going to lie this is a very well thought out idea and the way you presented it was great

I would love to be a Supporter of this and help out.

Yukut
This is a very well-presented idea, and your defending statements are impeccable. I support you.

lOOSzer
I think it is a great idea.
I'm a suporter, lets add this new feature
Plus with more money put into it more money would
go around gaia, yes very good idea biggrin

DeadxSilent

Id like to have this feature in, I totally support it.

Reading through, I noticed people were asking about certain perks to marrage, and I thought up some.

Fourms:
New lovey dovey emotes like a kissy face and a cuddle emote when replying to any of your lovers' posts. Also, the border of your post will have hearts around it instead of the standard speech bubble.
Edit: We can also have this apply when commenting on your lovers' profiles!

Towns and other flash hangouts (except zOMG!):
When you and any of your lovers are in the same zip code, you get a speed boost. You can now finally stop watching those SPARQ adverts!

Cards:
When in the same room with any of your lovers, you have the need to impress them with your gambling skills. This added stress causes your cheat meter to fill up quicker.

zOMG!:
When you and any of your lovers are in the same party, you care about them and their well being and have a strong sense to protect them. When they receive damage, you receive rage too.

It's only a few I thought of right now, I'm sure you can think of more.

Kuroii Panda
I love the idea, love how it's executed, even the soulbound ring thing. I mean you wouldn't sell your wedding ring. Divorce, I think only one member of the marriage should pay and if trashing would happen it would be optional since you don't necesarily throw away your ring when you're divorced. I would totally adore it if there were new rings and elemental ones with nice little elemental swirl pose options to them. I love this sign me up as a supporter.

shakespearerules
This is a well thought-out idea for implementing a marriage system. I would support a system like this; your comparison to a union presided over by a justice of the peace is absolutely correct.

Marriage is a legal construct, a wedding is the religious aspect. A marriage system I could support. A wedding system, not so much. This way, we can make up whatever weddings we want to have (so someone's dream of having a Hobbit wedding in The Shire can finally be realized), and if we don't want a wedding at all, but just the designation in the system (for zOMG benefits or whatever), then it's there.

AND I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS THE WHOLE SAME-SEX AVATAR THING. All of my other accounts have male avatars. Lots of girls have guy avatars, and lots of guys have girl avatars, and lots of people switch depending on what they want to do in the Arena next week. It seems ridiculous that we should have to ask if my male avatars would only be allowed to marry female avatars (regardless of the player's gender) or only people who are female in real life (regardless of avatars), or if because I am female, my male accounts would only be allowed to marry male avatars (regardless of the player's gender) or only people who are male in real life (regardless of avatars). Our avatars are characters as much, if not more than they are ourselves.

sandratopia297
IM A SUPPORTER FOR THIS smile

Katterson
Sign me up, best idea ever. Period.

thepinkythepink
User Image

I wanna be a supporter!

I really don't have anything interesting to add, just that this is the nicest way of putting the "marriage system" I've seen. I wouldn't use it, but all the people who would use it... hellllllo gold sink!

SnappyBagels
for benefits, i think it would be cute if at the top bar there is a picture of your partners avatar facing you, that leads to their profile for much easier sweet talking, hahha.

EDIT: i meant flirting, not cybering, lawl.

List

1.Sker
2.Anakha the Silver
3.Lolli Of The Army
4.l_N a r a_l
5.Samhain Voudoun
8.Luxaky
7.Jekkceo
8.Yukut
9.lOOSzer
10.DeadxSilent
11.Kuroii Panda
12.shakespearerules
13.sandratopia297
14.thepinkythepink
15.Almyk
16.Angeloni87
17.Kit A Thetis
18.Meg Kimura
19.Iris-Way
20.Katterson
21.windy_angel141
22.Mewing Muse
23.Ryuusei-Hirotaki
24.Missus James
25.Ghost of Ryuu2
26.chickadee1010
27.Lady I_D
28.Kenzie493
29.Kitkumi
30.Narsiox
31.Dominic_Deegan
32.ii_SexLegal-Emmett
33.The Soviet God
34.Fire2night
35.Melly_Kheel
36.Seth the Muse
37.WhatsThatBehindYou
38.Bunnywith
39.Cody Convicted
40.Menellusio
41.Marokia
42.Miss Perfection
43.Ater Decor
44.Lovely Shayness
45.really crazy person
46.rimedragona
47.Syntriel Koehali
48.Charles Dodo
49.daChaosKitty
50.~Chibi-chib~
51.Rayinte
52.Nishiki Ue
53.Ichfrei
54.Melodious Scarlet
55.S k a i l u r r
56.Miss Chocolate Kiss
57.Slick Southpaw
58.[Jen Jen]
59.S-Kashi-S
60.Suzuku90
61.DarkHyacinth
62.xChem
63.Ame no Yanagi
64.Kitty Shinju
65.t43nt
66.Hilf
67.Moonie Angel
68.Soruko chan
69.Siletta
70.Mama-Ji
71.terrierterror1
72.xUke Chan
73.Talladarr
74.Loveprince 008
75.kyra-san
76.Innocently Yours
77.SnoopyLovesYou
78.Gintsumi
79.xFionaxCeex
80.Sanakan
81.Lunathedemoncat
82.angie puu
83.Metal Up Your a**
84.Daku7Tora
85.Glamophonic
86.XxXxXxXCharleneXxXxXxX
87.Maris Pallitax
88.nosheep13
89.AloneAngel
90.i came buckets
91.ShannonsBubbles
92.The Gentlemen Sintori
93.jllybean
94.Seiriol
95.-the lolz monstahh-
96.misfit baby
97.myotishia
98.cazrox4eva
99.SimplyNatural
100.Ebony the Peacian

101.Vegas Nightshade
102.Kapateen
103.Hyrookoo
104.Disturbed_Sanctuary
105.Moonshine All Over Me
106.StickeyNoteninja
107.Random Thought
108.fox914
109.Saraku
110.Magnenntae
111.FlyingPinkElefantSaysMeow
112.SoraAnki
113.Felix Virgo
114.RosesFallingLikeRain
115.-PrimaCzarina-
116.Americas Alfred F Jones
117.detective huggles
118.dark soul angel yumi
119.Explosive Zombie Orgasms
120.awkward situations
121.Poison Fairy Sennyo
122.lulzpipsqueak
123.MasterKy
124.XxdeathrainxX
125.Nya Aiiry
126.Harry_Smexy_Potter
127.Boomer tastes chicken
128.JachyWalcott
129.Suni Is Here
130.Amp Zaphrix
131.Crissan
132.The Annoying Demon
133.Torin Haf
134.XcoldhandsX
135.xXKatrynaXx
136.Annie-morphs
137.Absinthe Toxicity
138.PurpleChewie
139.sweetpie008
140.zombie oreo
141.Taloyo
142.FunFilled
143.epic username plz
144.Roosje__love
145.k1ttyz_cloud
146.rydial
147.Pyrok1tty
148.iPleasure Addict
149.Boku wa Ryu
150.Houston Love
151.babyjam11
152.pooped_out_pretty
153.babyjam11
154.pooped_out_pretty
155.Fuerlyl
156.Youko-san_desu
157.Suki Kirai
158.Sky Wolf Puppy
159.A Darker Fantasy
160.Madame_Raven
161.Mademoiselle Merveille
162.Bitchalicious
163.Quixotic_confusa
164.ping_of_death
165.Ruru-tan
166.Kujaku The Misfit
167.The Valkyrie Ryu
168.xzx K A N O N xzx
169.Xxcookies_are_minexX
170.MemoirOfATimeLord
171.HeartUnderReConstruction
172.Xcolorful_kitten_foreverX
173.lunar gem
174.Mirraruka
175.Pale-Broken-Wings
176.Torukane
177.SoundsOfATragicDeathWish
178.iK I M M Y L O V E
179.-Raspberry- ACID
180.MiSs MaNiC MaDnEsS
181.Sultry Kitsune
182.I His Michiko-Kun I
183.jhonjdiazg
184.GirlPep
185.Alexander J Luthor
186.xxx_Freaky_Flames_xxx
187.Sweetest Nightmare 13
188.ChinaXPoland_love
189.RelukaHaske
190.Countess Pyrotika
191.[[ Deidara ]]
192.Alexia Holts
193.RenLacarne
194.An Honest M I A
195.- m o s h i m e l l o w -
196.Yoru Kiba
197.Wheelhouse
198.Uma_Deadly-Kiss
199.EmilyEverlasting
200.Somber Ecstasy
201.koudelkaW
202.Llesnouh
203.SANJl
204.Mastaya
205.Ginger Sling
206.The_Witch_Aryllia
207.Purple Krayon
208.The_Ginatron
209.Melarina
210.GS Sailor Sapphire
211.ccuddles
212.DJ TARDIS
213.PoeticRainfall
214.annador
215.Myoai
216.Era Luna
217.Woofyz
218.Victoria FireGem
219.Yaoi In A Can
220.Thalassa Shell Charm
221.TheFemalePhantomhive
222.Rhine Elmao
223.zippyjellybug
224.Ericks Mistress
225.Black Squirrel Alchemist
226.Hype-chan
227.Roonane Sushi
228.Ninja Ps3
229.Riyoushi Bloodfire
230.Cosmic Quark
231.sugarcreamrush
232.dark_demon_spawn_666

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Constructive Criticism

InfinitysDaughter
There are 2 reasons why I dont want this that you can not refute, ever.

1) Same sex marriage. Should it be aloud? Personally, I say yes. But there are enough idiots on this site that dont think its right and thus will be pissed if its aloud. And yes, they ARE loud enough and zealous enough to not only get a large number of people to quit and to keep the argument going for a long long time. Why do you think its only legal in one state in the US AND they are trying to get it revoked?

Its a can of worms that Gaia shouldn't get involved in.

2) Multiple user marriage (3 or more). Should THIS be aloud? I, personally, say yes because my best friend and her hubby are my "spouses" on Gaia as it is. All three of us would be pissed royally if we were told that we would be excluded from this option just because we want to be a group instead of a pair. Yet some people (mostly the same as the above) would be angry if we COULD be a group.

Also, if Gaia refused to allow 3+ unions they would be impeding on Mormon's religious rights. Even if you remove the religion from the ceremony, you cant talk your way around that.

panoptes
The way I'm reading it now (having gone back to check) is that the 15k would be a fee for both parties. Meaning if someone suddenly divorced me for no reason while I was offline, I get a fee?

InfinitysDaughter
I'm still not happy with the 1 to 1 only option. Like I posted in the other thread, there are many people on this site that have multiple partners. For instance my best friend and I practically lovers without the sex and often say we are "married" on Gaia. However I would never ever want to get between her and her real fiance whom, I'm sure, they would want to be married here when they get married IRL. I still dont think its fair that she would have to choose between us.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Helpful Suggestions

Dominic_Deegan
Here are some suggestions I thought of:

Marriage Packages - Gaia can have different wedding packages from a basic one that's just the fee, rings, and certificate to ones that include wedding clothes and maybe some other items as wedding gifts. The basic package can be paid for with just gold and the others can be paid for with GC aside from the initial marriage fee since most of the directly wedding based clothing are in the CS.

For example: A more involved package would be the 15k gold each that includes the certificate and soulbound rings and then would cost an additional 50 to 500 GC each for various wedding clothes and items. That being said though, I don't think any package should gift the users any amount of GC. People would be getting married and divorced just to gather the GC, even if it is only in small amounts at a time. The packages should have people PAY the GC on top of the marriage fee if they want the extra items. Of course it would be at somewhat of a discount through the packages. Like if to get a complete bridal outfit (dress, flowers, veil) costs 450 GC, then it would come out to closer to 200-300 GC via the package. I hope that makes sense!

Asking Permission - No, I don't mean asking a parent/guardian for a users hand in marriage! What I am talking about is if two users are married and one or the other wants to marry another user. Some people just don't agree with polygamy, period (even in a virtual word). They will want some protection against it instead of logging on one day to find their Gaian husband or wife has gone off and married a handful of others. Maybe the marriage NPC can make them ask whoever they are currently married to if they agree to them getting married to more people.

For example: My fiance and I get married via Gaia and one day one of us wants to marry another user, no matter the personal reasons why. The one that wants to get married again goes to the marriage NPC and he/she says "Oh, you want to get married! I'm so happy for you two! But it seems you are already married to (insert user(s)). You need to make sure they agree with it first. Do you want to send them a PM asking them?", and then they are given a 'yes' or 'no' choice. If they chose yes, then a PM is sent to the other user(s) they already married to. If the user(s) say that it is okay, then the NPC will PM the one who wants to get married again and let them know they can proceed. If they had chosen not to send the permission asking PM, or the other user(s) they are already married too had said 'no', then the marriage won't be able to continue.

I don't know about if some say yes and some say no. Majority rules? At the very least, it would give those involved a choice if they want the one they are married to, to marry others. It may lead to some serious discussions between the two and maybe even a divorce, but that's the way it is in real life in those kinds of situations. I don't know about in other countries, but in the vast majority of the US polygamy is outlawed. I agree being allowed to marry multiple users at a time (with a limit of course) as it is a great gold sink and it is only virtual pretend marriages, but there may be some strong opposition against it regardless. As I said before, at least this way people have some say and choice in the matter.

Marriage History - When a user divorces another, they should have to chose a reason why. Everything from "I just wanted to" all the way up to "I hate them!" and "They broke my heart". Now, should that marriage history be shown to others? Should others be able to see who a user has married and/or divorced before as well as the reasons why? If they make such a history, should it be made to be turned off/on by the user? What if a user wants to request the marriage history of the user they are about to get married to or want to get married to?

Personally, I think it will be interesting to see implemented, even if it comes later after the initial marriage system is implemented. I also think that if marriage/divorce histories are made, that the user should be able to turn it off/on and be able to deny the request for others to see it. it would just be that little something extra that some may want to flaunt, show of, and have fun with.

Also, when you go to a user's profile, just like it has the option to show their friends, it should also have the option to show who they are married or even divorced too.

Mikazuki of the Moon
I think that for them this would be cute as well, a little added something for the whole thing other than an "I'm married to so and so" in the sig. Speaking of sig, they could make a little card perhaps for forum posts, with the two avatars under a wedding arch or something. In the case of multiple marriages, you would pick one to be displayed, or even a random feature so they could change up automatically, and therefore the person wouldn't feel bad about playing favorites or some such thing. Or even a group shot for those who felt like showing off everyone at once. They could even use the arch from the prom events, so there isn't a problem with coming up with a new design or something. No problems with recycling after all. Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, but I really really like the idea!

Seth the Muse
A "rental" system would be good too. Have some of the items people would want to use in a wedding, such as the wedding items from the cash shop, soulbound to them and taken back after a certain number of days after the wedding so they can pose for "wedding photos" in a special area of towns, perhaps? So they can actually look as good as they feel. wink

The rental system could be both for a certain amount of gold or a flat-rate GC for a certain set. Like 100 GC or the gold equivalent for a wedding dress set that comes with the veil, dress and flowers, maybe shoes. 100 GC or the gold equivalent for each of the colors of the tux sets. 500 GC for a rental of two of the Elegant Veils for a nice dress and veil. Or maybe a way to snag the gold shop tuxes without having to head there, or rent THOSE for a limited time.

Or maybe pick-and-choose your sets so you can have different shirts with different tux sets or a different colored tailcoat from slacks. Again, after a certain number of hours or days, they would disappear back to the shops and you wouldn't be able to trade or sell them due to them being soulbound.

The wedding area could be a chunk of Towns-ish area where you could copy/paste a link to a friend and take photos and screenshots for the wedding or roleplay it in a myriad of settings. You could choose between things like chapels, courtrooms, a castle, a cathedral, a flower-filled field, a gazebo, a rave party, etc. Some of them could be free, such as the gazebo or field, and some could cost gold or cash, like the chapel or rave.

I'm not saying you'd HAVE to add this stuff. I'm just saying it'd be kinda neat to get it put together like that so you had a chance to pay a little gold to get a nice tux for a little while without paying an arm and a leg for the set in the MP.

All in all, regardless of whether you jump on my ideas or toss 'em in the rubbish, I totally support yours and plan on spamming my friends with a link so they can add in their two cents.

Fire2night
How about this?!
Alright,when you want to propose,you can put your mouse on that [+] sign in towns above an avatar in towns,and then your avatar could go up to that certain avatar,while on the kneeling pose,when he/she clicks " heart Proposal"
If she says no,the heartbreaking sign comes up.And then the crying emotion.
And the avatar runs back to where it was before it proposed.
Meanwhile,during her thinking,the "She loves me,she loves me not,she loves me, she loves me not " (Flower emotion) comes up.
If she says yes,the arch/heart sign comes up.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Links and Banners

sig banner no1
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/i-d-like-to-buy-a-vow/t.51125013/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/AlexielLaiorien/Jett/GWB1.png[/IMG][/url]

sig banner no2
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/i-d-like-to-buy-a-vow/t.51125013/][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/AlexielLaiorien/Jett/GWB2.png[/IMG][/url]

By dark soul angel yumi:
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/i-d-like-to-buy-a-vow/t.51125013/][IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/edwardelricvic/k.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Affiliates

User Image

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Interesting concepts you have here. One question though - would there be any actual benefit to being married other than the certificate? I've heard it can work as bonus stats in some RPGs.

BTW, you probably should add a FAQ section to deal with the "no it promotes cybering", "no it's not PG-13", and other completely stupid responses a post like this always gets.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Mindset
Interesting concepts you have here. One question though - would there be any actual benefit to being married other than the certificate? I've heard it can work as bonus stats in some RPGs.

BTW, you probably should add a FAQ section to deal with the "no it promotes cybering", "no it's not PG-13", and other completely stupid responses a post like this always gets.

hm, good idea. I'll add it to the main post ^.^ As for benefits I'm not sure what kinds it would grant other than you could see the ring on your avatar and if they do angelic and demonic rings, maybe they would glow like the pendants and bracelets?

Galactic Shapeshifter

Question:

If one party does not have the cash to divorce but they are being harassed by the other party will there be a way to seperate a union for free? Also will the option to take the partner off your contact list still be available? The problem I fear is binding people to somone who is hurtful. Not everything a person can say is against the TOS but is still hurtful in some way.

10,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Critic 0
Mangacide
Mindset

hm, good idea. I'll add it to the main post ^.^ As for benefits I'm not sure what kinds it would grant other than you could see the ring on your avatar and if they do angelic and demonic rings, maybe they would glow like the pendants and bracelets?

Hmm... well, I'm personally anti soulbound status items. But I suppose if it does work the way you've described it, anyone could pop for the 20K to get rings with a mule, so it's accessible enough. wink

Dapper Codger

2,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah my concern was about the benefits as well. If the only point as stated is to declare that you're hitched with someone, you can make your own image for the certificate and put it in your sig/profile/wherever. As for a ring, they'd be so small I don't know if that's significant in its own right. Basically I don't understand why Gaia itself would have to sanction or add this feature, when everything it entails is really 100% user based.

Sometimes in MMO's they have a marriage feature, but there's a real value to doing it. Like your stats increase or you get skills/items/etc for your use. On Gaia where it's just a forum, it's more or less just letting everyone know you're with someone else.....which doesn't need anything from the site itself in my opinion.

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
invalid-logic
Question:

If one party does not have the cash to divorce but they are being harassed by the other party will there be a way to seperate a union for free? Also will the option to take the partner off your contact list still be available? The problem I fear is binding people to somone who is hurtful. Not everything a person can say is against the TOS but is still hurtful in some way.

I think if the partner is harrassing and/or being hurtful to the person, then you should be able to report it to a mod or admin and have them break the union. Just like the way they do harrassment on the forums. And you'd still be able to remove them from your contact list as well. I don't think that would be disabled because of the gaia marriage. (It'd be like separating before a divorce xD)

Sker's Wife

Supportive Enabler

10,700 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
Helmi
Yeah my concern was about the benefits as well. If the only point as stated is to declare that you're hitched with someone, you can make your own image for the certificate and put it in your sig/profile/wherever. As for a ring, they'd be so small I don't know if that's significant in its own right. Basically I don't understand why Gaia itself would have to sanction or add this feature, when everything it entails is really 100% user based.

Sometimes in MMO's they have a marriage feature, but there's a real value to doing it. Like your stats increase or you get skills/items/etc for your use. On Gaia where it's just a forum, it's more or less just letting everyone know you're with someone else.....which doesn't need anything from the site itself in my opinion.

Well I'm not sure what kind of benefits people would want for this, but any ideas would be helpful. ^.^||

Mindset: Yeah I usually hate soulbound items too, but it's the best way to keep people from just getting the rings and selling them. And I think the option to have them destroyed if/when you break up takes care of the "but they'll clutter up my inventory" problem.

Mangacide's Spouse

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
You can, of course, list me as a supporter. I'm all for a fun gold sink. Why shouldn't a site like Gaia give it's members options like this?

Blessed Friend

14,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
I doth support thee, fair madame.

Lonely Pie-Maker

11,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50

This is the best idea I have seen so far. If they do it, I do believe this is the way to go with it. :3

--Lolli

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces