Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome to my baby petition! heart This is my first petition, so feel free to offer suggestions of all sorts. mrgreen

We've got a lot of great petitions here, especially those for using trash, bugs, flowers, etc in a better way. That's what this is about, kind of. I was going through daily chance, and I got a yellow daffodil. My first reaction: "egh, what am I gonna do with this?" crying

And then I thought: it'd sure be nice to have something OTHER than making pricey bouquets from these things. How about a garden? We have an aquarium already, so why not a garden feature? It could give Rina's shop more prominence and use while at the same time doing something interesting and productive with these flowers we can find in Towns or DC.

I imagine it would be a little bit like the aquarium. You water it, maybe give it some food or fertilizer, and the health of the overall garden increases, so your flowers do better/don't die. In the end, we could add all kinds of things to this garden; maybe it would even be like a little ecosystem, with frogs and fairies and things like this.

Not being a big supporter of gaia cash, I'd vote for the items to be (at least mostly) available for gold.

Like I said before, you're welcome to offer any suggestions, criticism, or questions. This is mostly just an idea for now, but I hope that it can become a fully fleshed-out reality.

Rules (boo....) Yeah, but we might need them! Just to be clear:

1. feel free to PM me with any suggestions about this,
but if you're signing, please sign in this thread ONLY.
PM signatures will not be counted.

2. Be nice to others. Don't flame, troll,
or advertise in my thread. These posts will be deleted.

3. Follow Gaia's TOS. This should be a given,
but if you don't, I'll report you.

4. Respect PiercedPixie2, she's great. If you're feeling it, give her some cookies! 3nodding

I'll add some more rules as I see fit....
Suggestions (or edits/banners in the future)

I have a banner that was made generously by NinjaQTee!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/got-a-green-thumb-gaia-gardens-open/t.50921889/][img]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/in_the_flicker/gd.gif[/img][/url]

The next three banners were made by foony_ness!

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/got-a-green-thumb-gaia-gardens-open/t.50921889/][IMG]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/in_the_flicker/gg.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/got-a-green-thumb-gaia-gardens-open/t.50921889/][IMG]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/in_the_flicker/gg4.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/got-a-green-thumb-gaia-gardens-open/t.50921889/][IMG]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss157/in_the_flicker/gg5.png[/IMG][/url]

please send me more lovely banners! heart

U n H 3 r d
It would be cool if they had a little game for it too.. You know kind of like booty grab..
Maybe a bug catching game? Everyone wants inks so bad these days, it might make it a little more fun to catch bugs..

Inks are in high demand, so this sounds like a good idea.

pirhan
I think something similar to Aquarium available in gold at Rina's Flowershoppe would be the best. I'd love to have this option for our Homes in Towns.

This is what I had in mind--wouldn't have to add a new shop or anything.

Tabitha the Maiden
*signs*

I hate to bring this up, but since we all love gaia and want it to stay on the internet... why don't we have seeds for sale in Gaia Cash?
It'd be better if we grow the flowers ourselves, right?
And we could finally put those shovels to use.

I love the idea about the bug-catching game.
Perhaps it could offer gold, too, like the aquariums?
And maybe have the flowers and bugs be seasonal...

I agree with this, but I'm not really a big fan of gaia cash. I would prefer to have at least some (possibly mediocre) options for gold. I'm not saying I'm against the idea of offering "deluxe" type items for GC and not gold, but I think that the aquarium being GC only is rather limiting.

And...yes! that's what I definitely intended to write in there, haha, having seeds as well as those flowers from Towns and DC.

So....this is basically what I had in mind, but in a convenient "you don't have to read my mind like Kokeshi did" format.

The Kokeshi
So, what if gaia gardens were like Aquarium? Whit plants and trees ofc.
Paint consept of the Gardens:

[[Picture is on page 8]]

Ideas:
Over all happiness: Same as Health in aquarium.
Bloom points: More happy your garden is more points you get. You can also get bloom points by spending more time on your gardens (Only 5 points/day), Planting new plants/trees, taking care of your plants and playing game : Plant protection.
Time: Some plants only bloom at night time. Also, some rare bugs can be find only at night! (Time changes by gaias own time)
Bugs: Tired of running around town to try to catch that house fly? Now you can do it in your garden!
Surprise gnome/ Mr. mystery Gnome : Mystery gnome spawns randomly at your garden. If you give him some items he asks for (Only shop items), he will take care of your garden for one day. Mystery gnome can also catch rare bugs and find seeds. Surprise gnome spawns daily and gives you random reward, just like overseer in aquariums.
Fruits: Collect fruits and get yourself some cool fruit themed items from new Gardes shop!
Bloom points reward. Every time you gain new bloom level, you get leafy giftbox. (Its covered leaves) You get seeds that are equal for your bloom level.
Planting seeds: You cant plant seeds out of your BL (Bloom level). This is why you woud have to work for your garden and not buy rare seeds from MP and have super awesome garden without any work at all.
Plant protection: Like booty grab, but instead you have to terminate all the snails and other harmful bugs from other users garden. As a price you get bugs you terminated (They can be exchanged for super large butterfly net, wich has better chanse to get more rare bugs from garden, also butterflys will never escape from you again), gold and BL.
(Bloom points can be changed to Garden points, I was tired when i made this picture)
Signatures

Let's get 50 100! 200!

1. Masina
2. in the flicker. heart
3. U n H 3 r d
4. Magical Mints
5. iPeridot
6. 1234-dance war kitteh X3
7. Canvass
8. Wicked lady Mana
9. Silver Lemon Drop 003 IV
10. PiercedPixie2
11. XWraith_LordX
12. pirhan
13. Apples_x3
14. Tabitha the Maiden
15. GodIsMyMeth
16. Meki Uchiha
17. Queen _Jane_Approximately
18. Kaito Yoshida
19. L a u r e n - F r o g
20. Citric Secret
21. Eccentric Iconoclast
22. Arisa89
23. Xxshaniah_gothxX
24. ii_D0RK3yTATii
25. horny condoms
26. crazy crazincraz
27. Daionii
28. Hilatoothefox
29. Cinderella in Chucks
30. StarryFuzz
31. racjen
32. ze_gobou
33. Smexii Gummy Bear
34. YasashikuKanoro
35. sSsSxMattxSsSs
36. Dark Moon Eclipse
37. Fairysexual
38. NinjaQtee
39. DevilishBananaEater
40. terrierterror1
41. Artistic Mystic
42. the deflated toaster
43. Aslann1211
44. The Iron Maiden SArar
45. Squall_Leonheart_FF8
46. bluebluedaisygirl
47. Syntriel Koehali
48. The Kokeshi
49. Sutafuzz
50. Free_to_Dream
51. -Rawr Its Ranny-
52. cody westmoreland
53. NaniNani073
54. windmagician
55. Shexii-ness x3
56. Darkingfire
57. Fudgeberry Mushroom
58. TheHAZshow
59. ii-PokeyDorks
60. Questina
61. ~PheonixSong~
62. Darpie
62. platiipus
63. Hungarian Avatar 101
64. Ayrako
65. Dia Dementia
66. Snaity
67. eyeslikeorange
68. Murder Ballet
69. coyotekat
70. ImRebecca
71. lifes5
72. A l o y a r c
73. Lunathedemoncat
74. xIx James xIx
75. xXBlackRose954Xx
76. illiterate_x
77. MyDogBailey
78. Xxatomic chocolate cakexX
79. aroseyb
80. Falling Night Wishes
81. crispy wontons
82. Agraean
83. Beast of Desire
84. BabyAngelBear
85. MiniRaindrop
86. ketomi
87. IcePrince08
88. Chocobo Princess
89. arrowriver
90. lifes5
91. x-Everlasting Innocence-x
92. yurleechan
93. Jayce Reinhardt
94. Frosted Bacon
95. aidanfox3
96. Kawaii Koala Bear
97. .M i s a k i - c h i.
98. Marabou963
99. misfit baby
100. DemonicCrystalPrincess
101. ghost of ginger23
102. Zansurai--karusari _o_3
103. Ashes_Of_A_Broken_Promise
104. dark eclipse
105. Lady Eaving
106. kallykins113
107. pinkrosecat
108. BATCATGIRL
109. iMuZicNinJa
110. OG LoLo
111. Marl Mask
112. XuxaRuiXi
113. FantasyAngel22
114. iMistyRose
115. Syesta
116. bexas
117. Latopazora
118. Goldenstar Sands
119. Skyailia
120. JunoSarah

Bumping is totally loved. And shameless advertising of my thread to your friends is also loved heart

Other cool petitions:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Signs.
heart
yay signing! This is not the worst idea on Gaia. It's confirmed! mrgreen
It would be cool if they had a little game for it too.. You know kind of like booty grab..
Maybe a bug catching game? Everyone wants inks so bad these days, it might make it a little more fun to catch bugs..

__[ signs ]

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
surprised What if you could put your garden in your aquarium???

I'll sign :3
User Image
A hyper-spaz named iPeridot Says:

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time biggrin I sign

User Image
Questing a Fallen Wish. Donations get avi arts =]:
@ iPeridot: that's really flattering. I kinda thought I was shooting in the dark xd

@Magical: that's amazing. We already have aquarium flowers, so maybe we could tend to them from tiny sprouts!

@ Unh3rd: that would be cool. I'm going to add that to the first post.
Bump heart

Sparkly Genius

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
That would be a cool Idea.

Ill sign this for you :3
Bump heart
I like the idea
*signs*
Bump heart

Shameless Seeker

Im signing just cause I can. And plus it would be awesome to have a garden in gaia, since in real life my gardens dies the very next day User Image

[Sign]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces