New: raise the gold cap 0.32307692307692 32.3% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 65 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
So along time ago, i think it was 2012? i can't remember however gaia Said that zOMG was causing an imbalance in the gaia economy. so a cap was implemented so that players couldn't make more than 30,000 a day, then that was updated so that you couldn't make more than 60,000 a day.

Well that was 2012 and things have changed in 2 years..... i mean i remember when white body dye was like 800k and i couldn't afford it. now its almost 2 bil? and prices are expanding.

a zOMG veteran like myself, understands that players need income to keep playing, zOMG USED to be a great place to go and meet friends and make a decent profit that could at a specific time period spent and make an honest income.

Now 60k is pocket change, for most items on the market INCLUDING zOMG items like revive or the gold potion, you have to spend 600mil for an item thats only going to be able to get you 120k because it Doubles the gold cap? kinda seems not worth the gold anymore.

now i'm not demanding anything, i would just like to see 2 things come out of this,

newer and old players being able to make some gold without having to spend a lot of inrl money

and People actually playing one of the better MMO's on the internet, i love zOMG and i hate seeing it have like 38 players per server. this is a good way to attract more players.

So im making a petition!
if we can get the Mods and Devs to see this maybe they can get a few devs back on the zOMG program long enough to remove the gold cap and attract some more players.

Edit : Or raise the gold cap to a higher amount. - 250k

Shy Junior

i used to zomg all the time :c however, i heard that gaiai wasn't going to make any changes anymore to zomg ._ .

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
StarIit
i used to zomg all the time :c however, i heard that gaia wasn't going to make any changes anymore to zomg ._ .

thats cause the devs were all moved off the program because zomg became self running... they didn't want to put anymore money into a game that wasn't very profitable... :/ but players loved it and i don't see why not keep going with it!

Shy Junior

Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit
i used to zomg all the time :c however, i heard that gaia wasn't going to make any changes anymore to zomg ._ .

thats cause the devs were all moved off the program because zomg became self running... they didn't want to put anymore money into a game that wasn't very profitable... :/ but players loved it and i don't see why not keep going with it!

mmhm :c i guess if they removed the gold cap, people would be playing zomg more than buying gc. Yet, i think more people in zomg would help with inflaiton so much!

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
StarIit
Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit

mmhm :c i guess if they removed the gold cap, people would be playing zomg more than buying gc. Yet, i think more people in zomg would help with inflation so much!

it would make items More purchasable biggrin and people would still be buying GC gold stuff xD

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
This idea is horrible.

Do you even basic economics? emotion_facepalm

Shy Junior

Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit
Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit

mmhm :c i guess if they removed the gold cap, people would be playing zomg more than buying gc. Yet, i think more people in zomg would help with inflation so much!

it would make items More purchasable biggrin and people would still be buying GC gold stuff xD

mmhm~! C: and it wouldn't be a bad idea either, i'd still take a while for us to get items, but with the gold cap removed, it'd still be even more possible!

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
Mage The Red
This idea is horrible.

Do you even basic economics? emotion_facepalm

How is it a bad idea? =n=
allowing newer players to be able to make some sort of income? 60k day isn't a lot of money anymore :c

and zOMG Does need the new players D: so i see it as a win for everyone.

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
StarIit
Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit
Il-Vocaloid-lI
StarIit

mmhm~! C: and it wouldn't be a bad idea either, i'd still take a while for us to get items, but with the gold cap removed, it'd still be even more possible!

YES! biggrin

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Il-Vocaloid-lI
It's *50k per day, not 60k. Get your facts straight.

Users can still make money on the game. Just because your in-game earnings are capped, doesn't mean you can't sell the loot you earn. Wing Tree Leaves and Flamingo Feathers are used in Alchemy, and go for quite a lot. I could sell 10 Wing Tree Leaves for at least 500k. I could sell similar loot from other areas for even more. Hell, Orb Aggregates are cheap enough, and land a massive profit.

Removing the Gold Cap will not help, because the problem isn't that users can't make enough gold. It's that Gold Generators flood so much extra gold into the economy, that the overall gold tally becomes more and more worthless. Similar to Pre-World War II Germany's money problem.

Yes, zOMG needs new players, but all removing the cap will do is bring back maybe a small percentage of users. 1-3% at best. Which, 3% of 15-20k users online is easily less than 1000 players. Plus, you have a game that doesn't even receive proper updates, with no devs to even perform said updates. You can't just go and remove something that helps to actually keep some sort of sanity just to lure new players. If anything, it'll only worsen the situation.

Besides, the gold a user could make in zOMG by farming SS completely uncapped falls short compared to selling the loot earned in other areas.

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
Mage The Red
Il-Vocaloid-lI

fair point, and i was always under the assumption it was 60?

as for the items, i never really took the time to sell my items = w=;;

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Il-Vocaloid-lI
Mage The Red
Il-Vocaloid-lI

fair point, and i was always under the assumption it was 60?

as for the items, i never really took the time to sell my items = w=;;
It was stated, back when Pan did the update, that it was bumped up to 50k, and left at 160k for users with Donor Status.

Well, now might be the best time to start doing so. If you do a little research, you can see that with minimal effort in Alchemy, you can make quite the killing. But don't go past Level 3, since anything beyond that is nigh impossible to NOT lose gold on. Since Alchemy's a gold sink like that.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
A year ago, I would've said no.

But now that they're literally shoving their economy down the shitter, uncapping zOMG! would barely have an impact on how much Gaia has already screwed things up.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

But now that they're literally shoving their economy down the shitter, uncapping zOMG! would barely have an impact on how much Gaia has already screwed things up.
Pfft. don't be silly. You, out of anyone, should understand that users constantly earning gold, completely uncapped, for possibly days on end could still have some damaging effects. Not as greatly as Generators, no, but what if they did uncap zOMG, and removed Generators? We'd still be suffering some forms of inflation from unnecessarily high amounts of gold being generated onto the site.

Devoted Lover

12,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gaian 50
Mage The Red
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

Pfft. don't be silly. You, out of anyone, should understand that users constantly earning gold, completely uncapped, for possibly days on end could still have some damaging effects. Not as greatly as Generators, no, but what if they did uncap zOMG, and removed Generators? We'd still be suffering some forms of inflation from unnecessarily high amounts of gold being generated onto the site.

is it sad that now i'm starting to agree with you .... :/ and im the one who started this thread, im Just thinking towards the newer players is all. like i remember the beggars before the gold generators NOW you almost want to give them something because they are in for a rough ride.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff