• Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
we need extra security!

Unbeatable Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
I love the idea of PIN numbers to help prevent things stolen from the account.

I suggest 3 non-invasive PIN's thus:
Every time you log in from an unknown IP address, you will be prompted for one PIN number as soon as you enter the homepage. If it is incorrect 3 times in a row, the session ends and that IP address is recorded, auto-reported, and banned from that account. There could be an option to restore that IP address, but the person would have to go through a moderator or answer a security question, reconfirm email, or some other such.

The two other, completely different PIN's would be for the Inventory and Gold, respectively. Same deal. New IP address, enter the PIN, or else.

Also, to keep people from forgetting their PIN's, you'd have to enter them every two weeks or every month or something.

Security without hassle. biggrin
I dunno, maybe 3 PIN's is too much? Or maybe they could all be optional. *nodnod*

Fashionable Shapeshifter

10,475 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150

I posted a Forum thing about having a bank. I got different views on it. I personally think that it would help a lot to have a bank. I support having one 100%

Shirtless Friend

*throws cookies* why can't this thread take ALL my cookies? T^T

I've been questing Angelic Manner for the longest time, but haven't been able to purchase it, because once I get around 300K, I notice other things I would want, and end up having to start over with saving. I NEED something to keep me from spending my money while I'm saving it up. That's why while I'm at home I hide my money I'm saving, so I'm NOT tempted to spend it right away. I need something like this on Gaia so that I'll be able to spend my gaia gold wisely. .-.
I very much want this feature! I also baffled as to why they haven't already created it already. It seems like a very natural extension of the framework that already exists.

I hope they will work on this soon >> it's been way too long
a bank sounds interesting, as well as complicated. though I'm not against the idea; I'm not sure if I'd be willing to use it right away, or if my gold would just sit there for a while not collecting interest. (then again, I'm not on Gaia mainly for gold, otherwise I might turn to being a serious vendor for that)

Beloved Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Unfortunately Gaia started disallowing Gaia Bank/ User run banks on here. This all happened in 2007. here is the link to read further. BUT I AGREE WE NEED A REAL BANK.

GAIA BANK INFO

Feral Cutie-Pie

17,325 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

Tipsy Kitten

23,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Deserving of this cookie!

Perfect Pumpkin

I signed already, but I was just checking back to see how many new supporters this idea has. 3nodding I don't want this thread to get deleted in the fall cleaning. sweatdrop

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I sign! Nice idea

Magical Spirit

14,625 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
LdyChynna
Unfortunately Gaia started disallowing Gaia Bank/ User run banks on here. This all happened in 2007. here is the link to read further. BUT I AGREE WE NEED A REAL BANK.

GAIA BANK INFO

I read your post and it is right. However, the bank we have in mind is some place to safety store our money, with or without interest, and call it a nest egg. If they are so concerned about the flaws in the system, shouldn't they come up with a way to monitor the banking system; considering that the money will be going into Gaia? Gaia can come up with all these ideas and make things happen; so why not a banking system that they design themselves? I just think that automatically saying no when they haven't put much thought or attempts towards it other than what has been brought to their attention. Anyway I am probably just rambling but still it would be nice to have a solution than a closed door to something that seems to be what everyone wants to work towards.

Zaruk's Partner

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
Kalon Ordona II
I love the idea of PIN numbers to help prevent things stolen from the account.

I suggest 3 non-invasive PIN's thus:
Every time you log in from an unknown IP address, you will be prompted for one PIN number as soon as you enter the homepage. If it is incorrect 3 times in a row, the session ends and that IP address is recorded, auto-reported, and banned from that account. There could be an option to restore that IP address, but the person would have to go through a moderator or answer a security question, reconfirm email, or some other such.

The two other, completely different PIN's would be for the Inventory and Gold, respectively. Same deal. New IP address, enter the PIN, or else.

Also, to keep people from forgetting their PIN's, you'd have to enter them every two weeks or every month or something.

Security without hassle. biggrin
I dunno, maybe 3 PIN's is too much? Or maybe they could all be optional. *nodnod*

I agree with ALL OF THIS. Three PINs isn't a lot to remember but for some it might be. Maybe have three PINs for the paranoid?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff