Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Player

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Some sort of bank feature that does NOT give interest would be nice. Just being able to store gold separately would be nice and could help people save up better.

Divine Muse

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/frequently-mentioned-issues/t.52097497/

Quote:
Interest Earning Bank Accounts
An interest earning bank would widen the gap between richer users and not-so-rich users, something we want to avoid. We encourage everyone to earn gold from active participation on Gaia, rather than this type of passive investment. Thus, this is a feature that will not be implemented because it will impact the community negatively.

Codger

odamon
i may be stupid for asking but... how do i vote?
some one please tell me

Top of the thread, next to the thread title, where the like/dislike usually is. 3nodding

Codger

Jayce Reinhardt
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/frequently-mentioned-issues/t.52097497/

Quote:
Interest Earning Bank Accounts
An interest earning bank would widen the gap between richer users and not-so-rich users, something we want to avoid. We encourage everyone to earn gold from active participation on Gaia, rather than this type of passive investment. Thus, this is a feature that will not be implemented because it will impact the community negatively.

False. That applies only to interest. A bank feature itself is, according to various staff, on the table, so long as it doesn't grant interest.
I've already given my opinion a while ago on the banking thread.

Please take good care of my cookie. ;w ;

7,800 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • First step to fame 200
Really good idea. C:

Divine Muse

You can fight me on this all you want but don't whine if this gets deleted because it has already been addressed.

Codger

Jayce Reinhardt
You can fight me on this all you want but don't whine if this gets deleted because it has already been addressed.

To which I direct you to my SF thread. By your interpretation, it would have been deleted ages ago.

It doesn't bother me if you don't think we need a bank feature, but I'd rather debate the niceties in SF proper.

Divine Muse

It isn't my interpetation but think what you'd like.

All I can do is inform you of things, it is entirely your prerogative to disregard anything I say simply due to my lacking a colored name.

Have a nice night.

Unbeatable Shapeshifter

20,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
this is an idea you can take to the bank! i love it...i currently have a mule account just to hold my gold for items i'm questing. oh, and there should be interest to make up for the tax in the MP.

5,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sweet, i want to do that compare to real life world with real life bank, make deposits/withsrawl. I want to treat Gaiaonline as my real life world life. sweatdrop

Cat

15,075 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Survivor 150
Great idea! Cookies for you~

Codger

emotion_awesome

Ben Callahan's Other Half

Shirtless Lunatic

Deadly Persona
Hmm, what about interest? I think that would be nice, like getting more interest the more money you have. It would encourage me to put money in.

Like, the bank on Neopets XDD

Lmao! I always thought that but never said it. *teehee* But I would love to see a real bank on here! User Image
Mostly because I tend to spend any money I have (real and virtual), so if I cant see it anywhere, I'll think I dont have it, and BAM!, I would save my money, and get those things I've been wanting. whee
Yes, cookies for you.
This would be a valuable edition to Gaia's site, especially now that there are literally hundreds of new items to save up for!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff