emotion_awesome

Codger

emotion_awesome

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
All right, no need to shove it in my face that we're not getting interest even if this happens -.-

How about interest that's at the same rate no matter how much gold you have in the bank? :

Codger

Deadly Persona
How about interest that's at the same rate no matter how much gold you have in the bank? :

Then what's the point of providing interest if it's a flat amount? If I put in 10k, say, and that's a lot of gold for me, then getting 1k in interest would be awesome. If I put in 10 mil, I'm not even going to care about 1k.

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Endrael
Deadly Persona

Then what's the point of providing interest if it's a flat amount? If I put in 10k, say, and that's a lot of gold for me, then getting 1k in interest would be awesome. If I put in 10 mil, I'm not even going to care about 1k.

It'd remove the whole 'rich and poor' differentiation in the idea neutral
But really, then I don't see why we'd need a bank if we're not going to have interest. Couldn't we just move the gold we want to save onto a mule or something?

Eloquent Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
I give you a cookie.
It's a very good idea, however the only problem that I see is that some items in the market place can change price so quickly. One minute it could be higher, then lower, then higher. Sometimes it's luck of the draw.
What would happen if it were a more rare item that fluctuated quite frequently? Would the bank have a set amount between the two?
i wish i could give you all my cookies instead of just one. this is an awesome idea heart i too have been wondering why we don't do much with our "bank".

Agile Hunter

15,475 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Piecatcher 100
If Gaia gives us 1k a year (month, week, whatever) that isn't really going to help the inflation situation and the would have to create more ways of creating a gold sink (ie higher MP deductions, cap on zOMG! and Booty Grab the holiday events will probably cost users even more).

Questionable Lover

Codger

Deadly Persona
Endrael
Deadly Persona

It'd remove the whole 'rich and poor' differentiation in the idea neutral
But really, then I don't see why we'd need a bank if we're not going to have interest. Couldn't we just move the gold we want to save onto a mule or something?

I cover that idea in my SF thread, but the short answer is that, yes, you can do that, but in the long run, it bogs down the system with little used accounts because there's so much information that needs to be attached to each account, even if that information never ends up being relevant to how that account is used. Two of my mules, for instance, have information for zomg and aquariums attached to them, even though I've never used either feature with them. It would ultimately be less taxing on gaia's servers (and use less drive space) to make a bank feature and add a little bit more information to each account (a few kilobytes, most likely) than to create an entirely new account that uses many, many times that much space. When you're dealing with millions of accounts, that's a lot of hard drive space and network traffic when calls are made for information that isn't needed or used.

Codger

Nyx Hemera
I give you a cookie.
It's a very good idea, however the only problem that I see is that some items in the market place can change price so quickly. One minute it could be higher, then lower, then higher. Sometimes it's luck of the draw.
What would happen if it were a more rare item that fluctuated quite frequently? Would the bank have a set amount between the two?

Average buy price. 3nodding It's rarely completely accurate with items that have huge fluctuations in price (pistolera's revenge has been fluctuating between 2.5 and 4 mil since it hasn't stabilized yet), but I'm sure they could figure out some way to average the last several days (or instances, depending on how many sell a day) of the ABP and the current low price.

Creature

Nice idea!

Eloquent Lunatic

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Contributor 150
O-o That much... really?
i may be stupid for asking but... how do i vote?
some one please tell me

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces