Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which 'solution' do you like best?

[1] Remove the system completely. Let popularity be by word of mouth instead. 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 12 ]
[2] Have an option for thread starters to enable the voting system. 0.25 25.0% [ 27 ]
[3] Make voting invisible to gaians until 100+ votes are earned. 0.018518518518519 1.9% [ 2 ]
[4] Make the voting completely invisible; as it used to be. 0.027777777777778 2.8% [ 3 ]
[5] Remove the option to </3, allow people to only vote up. 0.34259259259259 34.3% [ 37 ]
[6] Make it so threads cannot be voted below 0. 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 4 ]
[7] Disable voting in specific forums (like Life Issues). 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 12 ]
Other. (Please post your ideas in this thread!) 0.10185185185185 10.2% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 108 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 47 48 49 > >>

This petition is now open --- or reopened, depending on how you look at it.
I've already signed in the previous thread, but I'd like to say thanks for starting up this petition again. I support the petition 100%, and was disappointed when it closed, but fully understood the personal reasons why.

I'm in favour of the fifth option, only because ridding of the whole voting system would rid of thread popularity, which may upset some Gaians who have popular threads. I see only having a like option bringing a more positive outcome.

I've had the banner up in my quest thread for a while, and although I've been lucky enough to have never had as many dislikes as others in my thread, I still get a little frustrated when I see others who probably did nothing wrong get so many dislikes in theirs.

I'll update the banner right now, and thanks again.
    Thank you so much for your continued support!

It is very frustrating indeed and a shame.

Friendly Lunatic

I, Silvern Strings, sign this petition.

Dapper Sex Symbol

Seems I have already signed from before.

But I will share a story

Me and my best friend opened up a joint shop early in the summer so we could pass the time. Only one person came in. He asked for an art trade and we agreed. That was the only time that we heard from him. He never did our art, so we just brushed it off. Next thing we knew our rate had plummeted for no reason whatsoever. Our score was 1 and it had 19 votes. I don't think that we did anything to deserve this.

I can link to the thread if you want to see it.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Thank you for continuing this petition<3 i know it frustrating and i hope gaia would change this voting system ^^
i've already sign hehe.fighting!~

Friendly Puppy

15,025 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
I am all in favor of voting up a thread to show that more and more people like it. It's a brilliant idea! I however think it's pretty stupid that a negative vote does just that; count against the over all. If someone doesn't like a thread, they shouldn't be voting for it at all, in any way shape or form. They should just move on with their lives, and leave the thread be. If they really want to troll that badly, they can do it in person, and get warned/ban for it like any other way that it's done. This just lets these people do it from the shadows. Yes, trolling is still going to happen, but this negative voting thing only makes it so much easier. Trolls don't have to worry about their things being lost due to a ban seeing how no one knows who votes to begin with.

I, Lanceafew, Sign this petition, and would sign it multiple times if I could.

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I sign

Affiliates?
User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/ability-to-delete-your-threads-uc-do-not-post/t.73566969/][img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff318/ILoveHimNoMatterWhat/delete.jpg[/img][/url]

Lonely Streaker

Fashionable Millionaire

I sign.
3nodding

Digiimon's Significant Otter

Shy Giver

18,025 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Thank you to everyone (new) who has signed, I'll be updating the signature list now.
And a special thank you to those who have already signed!

Keyoshi Storm

Sure. I'll pop it up now.

Gracious Lover

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Robotic Skittle
Thank you to everyone (new) who has signed, I'll be updating the signature list now.
And a special thank you to those who have already signed!

Keyoshi Storm

Sure. I'll pop it up now.
thank you. i'll go put your's up as well ^^

chrisbbean's Waifu

Tiny Wife

14,950 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items